King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news, I am happy for King Constantine, I wish him good health, he needs it.
It is important to note that he was vaccinated with the third dose, against the coronavirus, this has been able to help the King's health a lot.

Good news that the king has been discharged from hospital.

Good to hear that he has been discharged ! I hope he is still here and well enough to go to Copenhagen in September and celebrate his sister in law !

Hopefully the king will have plenty of rest following his stays in hospital and thanks for keeping us updated.

According to exclusive information from the Secret insert and Sasa Stamati, the villa in Porto Heli of the King Konstantinos was sold to a Bulgarian businessman and the family is already moving. The King and the Queen Anna-Maria, are in the process of moving to the center of Athens, specifically in Kolonaki. The King he really wanted to stay in Athens. Also, due to the serious health problems he is facing, the living conditions in the capital are better.

https://www.tlife.gr/eidhseis-nea/p...porto-xeli-fotografies-apo-to-palati/1285618/

Last edited:
According to exclusive information from the Secret insert and Sasa Stamati, the villa in Porto Heli of the King Konstantinos was sold to a Bulgarian businessman and the family is already moving. The King and the Queen Anna-Maria, are in the process of moving to the center of Athens, specifically in Kolonaki. The King he really wanted to stay in Athens. Also, due to the serious health problems he is facing, the living conditions in the capital are better.

https://www.tlife.gr/eidhseis-nea/p...porto-xeli-fotografies-apo-to-palati/1285618/

I doi not think the King and Queen owned the villa in Porto Heli.

So where are King Constantine and Queen Anne--Marie living now? are they living with Nikolaos and Tatiana?

Sounds to me like The King wants to end his days in the City where he was born, and is now in need of regular hospital care...

There are several hospitals in Kolonaki. Among them the Naval Hospital where he has been before...

They're probably thinking along the same lines as so many empty-nesters, especially those with health challenges: Downsize, get closer to doctors/hospitals, move nearer to children, etc. It's also easier for family and friends to fly in and out of Athens than Porto Heli.

It sounds a logic choice. The King is in a fragile health condition and I doubt he would fully anymorr enjoy a stay in the countryside. He can almost not walk so his only contact with nature outside would be with the wheelchair. I also doubt if he is still able to onboard the yacht Afroessa.
On the other side Porto Heli is far from Athens, in case of health alert he needs a long journey by ambulance (at least 2 or 3 hrs) or by helicopter.
A home in Center of Athens is a wise solution. Near many hospitals, public or private. And see is not too far.
It has always been said that the Porto Heli estate belonged to the King

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Makes sense to be in Athens - closer to airports and hospitals and they can make sure their new house / residence is accessible for a wheelchair and any other needs of Constantine.

This is logical, and this is normal. Porto Xeli is a paradise to live, but when you are in good health. Last December, the King suffered pneumonia and had to be taken in an ambulance to a hospital in Athens, the journey was more than two hours, he could not be transferred by helicopter. This is the reality, the hospitals are in Athens, not Porto Xely. The King has lived in Athens since January, he was admitted for covid in January in a hospital Attica (region of Athens).
The Porto Xeli mansion is owned by King Constantine (this was the first property that he was able to register in the registry with his name and thanks to obtaining the right to reside in Greece, 2014)-.

It is very nice, but the King and Queen cannot continue living there, the quality of life is much better in Athens, in the capital there are all the health services, I would even say, that for Queen Anna Maria it is much better because in Athens she can go to the theater, the cinema, bookstores... She can have more social activity.

I think they have made the best decision, health comes first, even I think it was foreseeable that they would go to live in Athens, especially for the health of the King.

For a long time there was talk that the KING was looking for a mansion on the outskirts of Athens, these were constant rumors but now these have its logical. And regarding the mansion of Porto Xeli, it does not make sense to keep it only for the summer, besides the family of Prince Pavlos did not stay in the king's house in summer, they preferred to be in Spetses, even the grandfather had to go to Spetses to visit them and not the other way around, in conclusion, it does not make sense to have that masion empty all year round.

Last edited:
King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie are moving, but they are not living in their definitive home in Athens, I do not know where the home is, in Kolonaki or on the outskirts of Athens, but until the move is completed, they are living in a hotel. I believe, and it is my opinion, some time ago I read that they had been looking at houses on the outskirts of Athens, initially it seemed me like rumours, but now I think that it could be true, but...

Neither Andreas Megos nor the Spanish blog are correct. Andreas Megos, the photo that he has published is old, it is not a current photo. The man who is next to Queen Anna Maria is King Constantine,like it is said by blog, but, I repeat, that photo is not current.

And second, the blog talks about a video of Prince Pavlos dancing a zeibekiko, that's true, the video was published by the owner of the restaurant, but he was not celebrating the birthday of his mother, he was in Spetses to celebrate the baptism of a friend's son.
I imagine that the photo of Andreas has created an error, because yesterday I also thought that the video of the Prince dancing, and the photo of Andreas were related, although the Queen was very young and the King did not use a wheelchair, but later I have seen that the Prince had attended a baptism and the photo published by Andreas Megos is old.

The Queen has celebrated her birthday at her home with her husband and her younger children.

Statement from King Constantine on the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

"I am devastated by the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II. During her long tenure, she was a beacon of dignity and humility to everyone beyond her country and the Commonwealth.

She was an enlightened monarch who held the people of the United Kingdom together in difficult times, she was much loved and leaves a great legacy.

We have been through a lot together and I will never forget the love, tenderness and support she showed me and my family. She will be greatly missed by her.

To King Charles III, I wish you with all my heart a good course on the throne of Great Britain."

LA FAMILIA REAL GRIEGA: COMUNICADO DE EL REY CONSTANTINO II DE GRECIA SOBRE LA MUERTE DE LA REINA ISABEL II, GRAN AMIGA

(..)

I just read that King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie have been officially invited to the funeral. Although I would like to think that King Constantine will be present, I believe that it will be Queen Anne Marie who will attend, due to the poor state of health of King Constantine, he did not attend the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh in March

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

The day will inevitably come when King Constantine dies. Is there anything official on how the funeral will be?
Will it be the big thing? Or will it be a "lesser" event, like when an ex-president dies?

In English:
HM KING CONSTANTINE:
"I am devastated by the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II. During her long tenure of her, she was a beacon of dignity and humility for the whole world beyond her country of her and the Commonwealth.
She was an enlightened monarch who in difficult times held the people of the United Kingdom together, who was much loved and leaves a great legacy.
We have been through so much together and I will never forget the love and support she showed me and my family. She will be greatly missed.
To King Charles III, I wholeheartedly wish him an equally successful service to his country."

I just read that King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie have been officially invited to the funeral. Although I would like to think that King Constantine will be present, I believe that it will be Queen Anne Marie who will attend, due to the poor state of health of King Constantine, he did not attend the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh in March

I read some place that both will attend. They could use a private plane to get to London, stay at their son’s townhouse, and go to the funeral.

The day will inevitably come when King Constantine dies. Is there anything official on how the funeral will be?
Will it be the big thing? Or will it be a "lesser" event, like when an ex-president dies?

He's not "the" big thing in Greece, so how could it be? I imagine it will be a fairly low-key thing at Tatoi with some high-profile guests and not much official coverage in Greece. Like Philippos's wedding, with more important people coming. Greek royalists will be devastated and mourn. And that will be that. Perhaps Tatoi itself will get fixed up after that, hopefully.

Constantine II was King of Greece, so he will be entitled to have a state funeral, if the Greek government allows it.
I think the European royal families will be represented at his funeral. And I think that will be it.

He's not "the" big thing in Greece, so how could it be? I imagine it will be a fairly low-key thing at Tatoi with some high-profile guests and not much official coverage in Greece. Like Philippos's wedding, with more important people coming. Greek royalists will be devastated and mourn. And that will be that. Perhaps Tatoi itself will get fixed up after that, hopefully.

Constantine II was King of Greece, so he will be entitled to have a state funeral, if the Greek government allows it.
I think the European royal families will be represented at his funeral. And I think that will be it.

So a "lesser" event.

I thought so. And to be expected, I suppose.
So I guess it will be relatives mainly, I.e. the DRF and secondary royals from the other families who will go.

Anyway, not wishing to go into too many speculations in regards to the funeral about someone who hasn't died yet, I was merely curious as to whether something had been planned by the Greek state.

So a "lesser" event.

I thought so. And to be expected, I suppose.
So I guess it will be relatives mainly, I.e. the DRF and secondary royals from the other families who will go.

Anyway, not wishing to go into too many speculations in regards to the funeral about someone who hasn't died yet, I was merely curious as to whether something had been planned by the Greek state.

To be perfectly blunt, the Greek state didn't care if Constantine lived or died for decades (see the human rights lawsuit), so I can't see them doing anything for a funeral other than continuing their current tradition of studious indifference to the former king.

I would be astonished if anything else happened, but perhaps one of our Greek members knows better than me.

Also: wouldn't having an official funeral acknowledge that he is Greek? :) How can you have a state funeral for someone you won't issue a passport for?

Last edited:
I do not like to talk about this topic, because I consider it very ugly to make these presuppositions, I wish King Constantine to live many years, and I wish him good health. I liked reading that he will be present at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth, that is good news.

From interviews given in recent years, and from his 2015 biography of him, it is deduce his will:

A private funeral, with his closest family and no Greek political authorities.(this is very relevant), in conclusion, unofficial, non-state, this is his will. He wants to be buried in the exact place that he and his wife have chose on the hill, from this point it can be see the sea.

In conclusion, his will would be private and with his closest family (with Royal Houses because they are family, this is not problem ). And we must all respect this.
This is true, that the Greek Republic does not consider the Kings to be Former Heads of State,but even if the Greek government, for reasons of image abroad...changed and granted an official character, this would be irrelevant and would have no value for family.
His will is the relevant. And this can be extended to Queen Anne-Marie.

But going back to the main topic, the funeral of Queen Elizabeth, I have also read that King Constantine would be present, this is very good news about heath of King, and sad news because he has lost a great friend.

Last edited:
I do not like to talk about this topic, because I consider it very ugly to make these presuppositions, I wish King Constantine to live many years, and I wish him good health. I liked reading that he will be present at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth, that is good news.

From interviews given in recent years, and from his 2015 biography of him, it is deduce his will:

A private funeral, with his closest family and no Greek political authorities.(this is very relevant), in conclusion, unofficial, non-state, this is his will. He wants to be buried in the exact place that he and his wife have chose on the hill, from this point it can be see the sea.

In conclusion, his will would be private and with his closest family (with Royal Houses because they are family, this is not problem ). And we must all respect this.
This is true, that the Greek Republic does not consider the Kings to be Former Heads of State,but even if the Greek government, for reasons of image abroad...changed and granted an official character, this would be irrelevant and would have no value for family.
His will is the relevant. And this can be extended to Queen Anne-Marie.

But going back to the main topic, the funeral of Queen Elizabeth, I have also read that King Constantine would be present, this is very good news about heath of King, and sad news because he has lost a great friend.

Don't want to be buried in Tatoi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom