The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Don't want to be buried in Tatoi?
I think the hill is in Tatoi. There's footage of him walking through there with Anne-Marie and talking about where they'll be.

I also thought his statement about QEII was very moving.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Yes, in Tatoi, he and Queen Anne-Marie chose the exact site where they wish to be buried. From this site can be see the sea, the King said it.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
So a "lesser" event.

I thought so. And to be expected, I suppose.
So I guess it will be relatives mainly, I.e. the DRF and secondary royals from the other families who will go.

Anyway, not wishing to go into too many speculations in regards to the funeral about someone who hasn't died yet, I was merely curious as to whether something had been planned by the Greek state.
Romania gave King Michael a state funeral, but I am pretty sure Greece won't do the same for King Constantine. Nevertheless, even if it is a private event, I would actually expect some reigning monarchs to attend, not just "secondary royals". The King of Spain is Constantine's nephew and the Queen of Denmark is his sister-in-law, so both are likely to attend. King Carl Gustaf even attended the funeral of Otto von Habsburg, so I can't imagine he wouldn't go to Constantine's. King Charles III, on the other hand, is King Constantine's second cousin and seems to be close to the Greek Royal Family. It is unlikely that he would attend the funeral now that he is the British monarch, but I wouldn't rule that out completely.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
So a "lesser" event.

I thought so. And to be expected, I suppose.
So I guess it will be relatives mainly, I.e. the DRF and secondary royals from the other families who will go.

The spanish RF will certainly also be represented at the highest Level.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't find impossible for the King to attend the funeral. He has a good logistics to help him (private plane, etc. ) and of course will be in wheelchair, but I'm sure the Abbey grants full access.

As for future funeral for the King (it will arrive one day) no way it would be a state funeral none government would take this political risk.
It is still a part (not large) of the population still shouting about anything the King does, calling him Konstantine Gluksbourg, and commenting even simple acts such us his visit on Athens Metropolis while the church was closed for repair works.
It will be a private event but of course many royal families will attend I believe. The King is blood related with all the European RF and has also excellent relations with. The issue to handle for any gouvernement will be the spontaneous attendance of the population.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-16-2022, 01:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
To be perfectly blunt, the Greek state didn't care if Constantine lived or died for decades (see the human rights lawsuit), so I can't see them doing anything for a funeral other than continuing their current tradition of studious indifference to the former king.

I would be astonished if anything else happened, but perhaps one of our Greek members knows better than me.

Also: wouldn't having an official funeral acknowledge that he is Greek? :) How can you have a state funeral for someone you won't issue a passport for?
Yes, there certainly seems to be no love lost between the Greek State and the former Royal family
Old 10-23-2022, 11:44 AM
Courtier

King Constantine, Queen Anne Marie, Queen Sofia, Princess Irene are in Athens. They were in a cafe restaurant, and walking down the street. King Constantine has used an oxygen tube (I don't know how it is said in English), since the covid passed, but in closed places, because he did not carry it on the street.

the photos are of newspaper, Parapolitica, but I Found it in group of facebook, the greek royal family.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ag&oe=6359E0A0

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...nw&oe=6359A104

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net..._g&oe=6359DD64
Old 10-23-2022, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

What a nice group outing! Always great to see the Greek siblings together.

On a side note, you wouldn’t believe Queen Sofia is the eldest of them.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Good to see the three brothers together.
King Constantine seems to be doing well, as far as possible.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The king seems like he lost some weight, although it seems to suit him.
Old 10-23-2022, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would not have recognized former King Constantine....

I imagine it will be Pavlos walking Theodora down the aisle next summer.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 10-23-2022, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Court View Post
What a nice group outing! Always great to see the Greek siblings together.

On a side note, you wouldn’t believe Queen Sofia is the eldest of them.
Indeed. Really nice that the king's sisters were visiting. And while you indeed wouldn't think Sophia is the eldest (although they are only 3 1/2 years a part, so relatively close in age) - there is no doubt that of the four of them Anne Marie is the youngest

Queen Sophia of Spain, born princess of Greece: 2 November 1938
King Konstantinos of Greece: 2 June 1940
Princess Irene of Greece: 11 May 1942
Queen Anne Marie of Greece, born princess of Denmark: 30 August 1946
Old 10-23-2022, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

I like to see them together, but what I like the most is to see King Constantine, the last time we saw a picture of him, it was at the wedding of Prince Filippos, a year ago, since then he was in hospital by a pneumonia and then, bycovid in January... The lack of photos of King Constantine after his admission to the hospital, the change of his residence... All this made me think that his state of health, which was already delicate, was very serious, but seeing these photos, I am glad to see that it was not so serious. He is in a restaurant with his wife and his sisters, and they have been walking around Athens, that is a good symptom, within all the pathologies of the King, we can say that he is "good health".
Old 10-23-2022, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipe View Post
I like to see them together, but what I like the most is to see King Constantine, the last time we saw a picture of him, it was at the wedding of Prince Filippos, a year ago, since then he was in hospital by a pneumonia and then, bycovid in January... The lack of photos of King Constantine after his admission to the hospital, the change of his residence... All this made me think that his state of health, which was already delicate, was very serious, but seeing these photos, I am glad to see that it was not so serious. He is in a restaurant with his wife and his sisters, and they have been walking around Athens, that is a good symptom, within all the pathologies of the King, we can say that he is "good health".
I agree that it is good to see a picture of HM King Constantine: such a tragedy that his health has so deteriorated. Do we know what these ‘pathologies’ are…
Old 01-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Former King Constantine: In critical condition in the ICU after an acute stroke

https://www.protothema.gr/greece/art...oxu-egefaliko/

Queen Sofía traveled directly from Rome to Athens yesterday, and she did so on the official plane, which normally members of the Royal Family (with the exception of the king for security reasons) cannot do on private trips. So the trip must have been considered very urgent.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Another article. Besides Doña Sofia, Princess Irene has also arrived in Athens.
Praying for him and his family.

https://www.lifo.gr/now/greece/teos-...bari-katastasi
Old 01-06-2023, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Former King Constantine: In critical condition in the ICU after an acute stroke

https://www.protothema.gr/greece/art...oxu-egefaliko/

Queen Sofía traveled directly from Rome to Athens yesterday, and she did so on the official plane, which normally members of the Royal Family (with the exception of the king for security reasons) cannot do on private trips. So the trip must have been considered very urgent.
I was looking at pictures of Queen Sofia at the pope's funeral yesterday and thinking she looked a bit stressed and upset, and I was wondering if she had been particularly close to Pope Benedict. I imagine it was worry about her brother.

CNN Greece and Danish magazine Billed Bladet are covering the story, too:

https://www.cnn.gr/ellada/story/3448...tis-ygeias-tou

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-hans-tilstand
Old 01-06-2023, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Prayers for his recovery and God's mercy.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:44 PM
Courtier

At the moment there is no official information, even in some media talk about coronavirus, and the stroke, it is beginning to be an obsession of the media. I do not know what is the cause and what is the reason, I read many contradictions in the information that is being published.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:00 PM
Courtier

The stories I've seen are consistent. They say he had a stroke and is in critical, but stable, condition. His family is with him. Most stories add that he has had health issues in recent years, including COVID last year.
Closed Thread