King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 4: October 2008 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was to short after the King Constantin's failed putch..It was for security reasons.

Why were they not allowed to attend the marriage?

It was sadly because of the political situation ther was in Greece at the time when the wedding took place.

Last edited:
Well, f.i. Constantine seems to be more of a fan with family-life and children since he´s got five and Hendrik "only" two (and I always have the feeling that he and Margrethe love and loved each other more than they love their sons)

I don't have any comments on how well Constantine and Henrik get along (I've never even thought about it before, although I do think it's an interesting question - all the attention about relationships with each other always seems focused on the 3 sisters rather than their husbands), nor do I think it's really possible to have any idea how much any of the royals do or don't love their children, so I won't comment on that either. However, I do want to point out that Henrik and Margrethe didn't intentionally have only 2 children - Margrethe has stated that they both wanted more, especially Henrik, but she wasn't able to have a 3rd baby. Their number of kids has more to do with her health than how much they do or don't love Frederik and Joachim.

What a strange deduction: that King Constantine would have scheduled his operation to avoid Prince Hnerik´s birthday! Now, I´ve heard everything!

The King and Queen always spend part of their vacations every summer in Danemark with the Royal family. The three sisters are very close to each other and their children are also close. The rest of the commentaries are assumptions of what we think we know about them.

What a strange deduction: that King Constantine would have scheduled his operation to avoid Prince Hnerik´s birthday! Now, I´ve heard everything!

I don´t think that the operation was somthing that King Constantin has decided but his doctor that it was the best time for the opertation and i also think that Prince Henrik has tolde Constantin that he rather have a brother in-law in life and well than a dead on because he decided to attend the birthday party and died.
I think that that kinde off heart problem that King Constantin have/had makes a person and the family around one think if it is not better to have an operation insted of going to a birthday party.

King Constantin i wish you a long life and health,BUT please take it slow this time.

I think that Constantine did not pick the date, it was his doctor.

It could be the title of one curious news story of a newspaper
"One man chose heart surgery, risking his lives, for didn´t attend the birthday of his brother-in-law"

How long should be in the hospital a person who has been operated from the heart as Constantine?

Scheduling open heart surgery to avoid a birthday party?!? I don't think that would fly even on a soap opera!

By that logic, you'll be telling us that Constantine waded into the political upheaval in Greece just to avoid Margrethe and Henrik's wedding. (Now it all makes sense...)

I wish King Constantine a speedy recovery.

Wish and hope that Constantine recovers quickly.He is a good sailor and will ''sail through'' this.According to a Greek newspaper the King and his wife spend Easter in porto-heli in greece where they have their boat.Really hope that we'll read again very soon that he is sailing in Greek waters fit and well.

Wish and hope that Constantine recovers quickly.He is a good sailor and will ''sail through'' this.According to a Greek newspaper the King and his wife spend Easter in porto-heli in greece where they have their boat.Really hope that we'll read again very soon that he is sailing in Greek waters fit and well.

Easter? Has it not been Easter for the Greek religion yet? :ohmy::blink:

Sorry,my mistake,i should have said ''spent easter''.Easter was in april.Its just old news.On second thought,maybe the article sent spetses and not porto-heli.Can't remember now...
Anyway, spetses is opposite porto-heli...so it's more or less the same place[sort of..]That's accuracy of information for you.

I've been reading about the recovery of the intervention, and some persons say that the worst is that while they were in the hospital recovering from the intervention, they could not move, it was worse at night to sleep, it was by internal scars.

I hope that the King be patient because this is the best medicine.

By my own experience, I'd say that heart operations of this kind require that the patient moves, if not the 2nd day, by all means the 3rd day.
Well, the patient cannot walk properly, but he can and must walk with help.
If he doesn't walk (that means that the surgeon and the nurses are indifferent to the patient's recovery), he will have serious problems...

Concerning the night sleep, well, it's naive to say that a patient having undergone a heart operation cannot sleep because of internal scars...
In my mother's case (bypass, valve "plastic" and aneurisma), the doctors gave her morphine, she did not suffer in any way by this kind of pain... as well as some kind of relax medicine in order to stay calm...
The problem is: the heart pressure to find its rythm, the patient to regain confidence and physical strength and fight against anxiety and walk, walk, walk, ....

Consider that my mother left hospital after 10 days after the operation with the instruction to walk 6 kms a day, ....

My father had the same operation as the king, but I'm reluctant to speculate based on that. Everyone heals at his own pace. The king may be doing very well, but bouncing back faster or slower compared to people we know.

Plus, doctors have different attitudes and opinions, especially from county to country. One doctor might keep a patient the hospital for several weeks, while another would release the same patient in three days. One might call for exercise as soon as possible, while another advocates for strict bed rest.

So many things come into play, we just can't know.

Wonderful news! I hope that he continues to get healthier, and recovers quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of the exit of the hospital of Constantine in the Spanish magazine "SEMANA".​

Prince Charles visited Constantine on Tuesday at the Hospital, he was with Constantine and Anne Marie about 1 hours, it was private, it has no pictures.​

The doctor said that he was weak still , he had swollen face, he walked helped with a walking stick

They are very good friends, aren't they?

It is a very important detail on the part of Prince Charles. They are friends and cousin second, the Duke of Edinburgh belong to the Greek Royal House, He was born in palace of Corfu like Princess Alexia.

The Queen Sofia has visited to Constantine much.
I think that some member of the Royal family of Denmark could have visited to Constantine as Princess Benedicte..I think it.
I don´t like this walking stick ....

Hopefully, he won't have to rely on the walking stick for much longer. He's probably just using it while he builds up his strength. I am pleased to hear that Prince Charles has made a visit to Constantine. I have also read that they are very close.

Hopefully, he won't have to rely on the walking stick for much longer. He's probably just using it while he builds up his strength. I am pleased to hear that Prince Charles has made a visit to Constantine. I have also read that they are very close.

Or maybe his leg is weak from the bypass surgery. People sometimes end up with bigger wounds in their legs than in their chests from bypass surgery.

How could the wounds affect to the rehabilitation?
it disappears or it remains...

I love my King very much and I hope that His Majesty will be healthy and strong ,,I love His Majesty like He is my father :)

You have a special merit, because to live in Greece and to admire the King, it does not have price.

I read in the greek OK! that Konstantine and Anna Maria were at the ancient theatre of Epidavros when Helen Miren acted Faidra.
There was also a photo.

I am so relieved that King Constantine is recovering from his operation and is out of the hospital. Every person has his own timing to get completely well. I´m sure King Constantine will have his and be able to enjoy his normal life activities.

Does anyone know if the King will go to Denmark for baby-no-names Christening ??? How about any of their other children attendding the Christening ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom