King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 4: October 2008 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The royal greek couple seems to be in Oplenac (Serbia) at the funeral of Petar II, Queen Alexandra, Queen Maria and Prince Andrej.

this afternoon, King Constantine has left Hospital in Athens, accompanied by the Queen Anne Marie. King suffered a fainting on Monday at his home in Porto Heli, and was transfered to hospital, this has been due to a simple infection urinary tract.

How did the Greeks received the news?

Heart condition? I thought he was treated and released over a urinary tract infection.

Just heard, I hope he will be okay and recover.

What would have happen if he dies in Greece ?
Happy He is going better?

I don´t know if I understood you question correctly, but there won´t be any "official" ceremonies, a coffin cortege, lying-in-state or something like that, if that is what you might have meant by "what will happen?"
Any body of the family might be allowed to be put in the care of the monastery in Spetses, where Tatiana and Nikolaos were married, for a couple of days, where there might be an unofficial, private "lying-in-state" to give family members, friends and greek royalists the opportunity to pay their last repects. Then the coffin might being brought to the Tatoi cemetery. These things will entirely be the task of the GRF and their supporters in Greece.
But that´s all speculation! It´s just what I can think of would happen. No one will know before, and that´s perfectly o.k.
But let´s be happy indeed, everybody´s just fine and HM was under professional medical care!

Correct answer to y question Wartenberg 7 and many thanks for it . Kind regardsMO

Heart condition? I thought he was treated and released over a urinary tract infection.

Looks like Hello mixed up the King's condition!

Glad His Majesty is doing better.

I found this in a greek site, here is the translation

Original selling price 6.42 million

Villa in Surrey, Britain sells the former King Constantine, according to an advertisement published in the Sunday Times.

The ad contains data about the villa as it refers to as "the English country house where the exiled king found refuge ."

According to The News, the villa has the original sales price of 5.5 million pounds, or 6.42 million.

The villa has five reception rooms, ten bedrooms, six bathrooms, swimming pool, tennis court, horses meadow and orchard area of ​​about 32 acres.

Newsbeast.gr |

Queen Anne Marie said in an interview in January that they were going to live in Greece and would sell their home in London,they doesn´t used it. From april they live in Greece. In the Tatoi's memorial(in april) Constantino said they had closed their house of London.

It was one palacete of 1883. I would like that the London house would be to prince Nikolaos, but I think that Nikolaos and Tatiana in futute will not live in london, and I think that they will be the next to go live to Greece.

It seems the King & Queen are indeed selling their home in England -

Here are the property details with Savills Estate Agents

http://ow.ly/oj9FQ

I have not very clear: What house is it , the house where they lived from 1974 to 1976 in Surrey, or the home of Hampstead from 1976 to now..? I have pictures of it and is different to the house of the picture. I have many doubts about the description of the home, the Kings of Greece(London) do not live in Surrey, they lived in Surrey from 1974 to 1976, but their home is in Hampstead at north of London.

I have not very clear: What house is it , the house where they lived from 1974 to 1976 in Surrey, or the home of Hampstead from 1976 to now..? I have pictures of it and is different to the house of the picture. I have many doubts about the description of the home, the Kings of Greece(London) do not live in Surrey, they lived in Surrey from 1974 to 1976, but their home is in Hampstead at north of London.

The house for sale is clearly the house in Surrey and not the one in Hampstead. The wording on the Savills website is deliberately ambiguous - no where does it make it clear that the house is the current home of the former King of Greece.

My apologies. Stef - the house in the Estate Agents details is in Surrey, so must be their home 1974-76, up for sale again.

I don't know if they are selling the house in Hampstead.

Thanks,:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I was reading about it, in other forums and web and had mistakes because said that the Kings lived from 1974 to now in Surrey. It induces confusion about the house.:sad::sad::sad:
Thanks!!!!!!
The house is very beautifull.:p:p
I agree Beltraneja, the kings are living in Greece
from april. They are more time in Greece that in London.;)

Last edited:

King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie attended the 125th IOC Session opening ceremony at in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 6, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ι too still fail to understand what of the two was/is the problem.

Friends of mine saw him in the island of Hydra in August, and told me he looked quite aged and tired.
I'm sad he seems slow at recovering.. Hope the worst is behind

He is good of heath , He has travelled to Argentina, this in a very long journey, and represents a change of timetable. He is good of heath. He is 73 years old.

:previous:He was participating in a competition of classic boats, the Portofino Rolex Trophy, I have read that was also participating Pierre Casiraghi. Between classic boats was a boat that belonged to King Alfonso XIII of Spain ,"Hispania".:)

Last edited:
:previous:He was participating in a competition of classic boats, the Portofino Rolex Trophy, I have read that was also participating Pierre Casiraghi. Between classic boats was a boat that belonged to King Alfonso XIII of Spain ,"Hispania".:)

Okay, I am setting myself up here for ridicule, but I am hoping he is not actually participating in that event at his age. Cue the mocking for a dumb statement LOL

It is different,:ermm: the competition of classic boats than the modern boats. The competitions of classic boats are more calm, yet modern ships are very competitive, King Constantine regularly participates in these competitions, for example in Greece, in Spetses in the month June, in the annual classic boats regatta where participated with the "Afroessa".;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom