King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 3: Nov 2006 - Oct 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the photographs of Tatoi, it does make the Greek Government look like the most enormous hypocrites. They want these George I artifacts but they don't want the other artifacts still in Tatoi that are rusting in a crumbling building. Madness.

But are there still seriously objects/pieces of furniture inside Tatoi?? I'm shocked that it hasn't been raided by thieves!

There most certainly are still pieces and objects in Tatoi. The BBC did a report from there and there were candlesticks, portraits etc just laying around covered in dirt and dust. So the Government really are concerned about preservation.

as you said, the Greek government is playing quite the hypocrite...
I wonder if the Millers didn't buy the objects from King Constantine and is now selling them. It would be a case of "dont ask, don't tell"...

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Disputed Greek sale nets millions

The sale raised 9.3million. Not bad at all.

King Constantine's reaction to the Greek Government Minister who kicked up a fuss about selling the items;

The Minister’s remarkable interest in these objects is noteworthy in itself, since 80% of the chattels remain unused, un-restored and unprotected in Tatoi.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you might think Konstantinos sold the least valuable objects.You can imagine what other objects he has.I have read on a newspaper the objects that have been found in all palaces.9000 rare books,swords,guns(they are not called like that in greek) from the greek revolution in 1821,the crown which belonged to the first king Otto Otto of Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,rare paintings of Volanakis Konstantinos Volanakis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gizis,Iakovidis Art in modern Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia very important painters whose works are sold by Christies Sothebys.Also 4 rolls royces,a yaught,golden plates, forks,objects of ancient Greece,vases furnitures. I dont know about other palaces like the one in Athens and Corfu but at Tatoi the 80% of the objects that were left from Konstatinos are still in Tatoi but as i have mentioned before two times there was reported a break in and objects were stolen.Nobody knows what objects were stolen.Two valuable paintings are also missing.I cant really understand why they have left all of our history being destroyed by the elements of nature.The buildings in Tatoi,as you can see in pictures at the proper thread is at a terrible state.If the greek goverment was really concerned it would have preserved and protected our history.

I have posted a picture at the period of the greek revolution,these are the weapons used at that time that were in Tatoi palace.The small side arm(on the belt) costs 4000 euros.

Last edited:
If King Constantine isn't the owner (taking his words at face value), then who is the owner?

Who else could own these items other than himself???

sorry..another comment...

usually, the King is very vocal on all matters concerning Greece and one wld imagine he'd be much more vocal in protest (if these valuable items on auction weren't belonging to him or his family) yet, he's rather calm about the entire auction?!

Another sernario - if the auction of these valuable items were called by the Greek Govt, i can't imagine the King standing by the sidelines as he is now, he be jumping all over the place in protest!

So even if what he said is true - he's not the owner - it doesn't mean that he's not link to the owner. His children or silbing cld be the owner and he may still be getting some profit from it...

But the King seems like a nice person and I truely like the Queen - so i'm hoping it's as he says.

I was under the impression that the items sold at the auction were taken by Constantino when he was driven out of greece and he has now pocketed the 14 million euros from the sale. Some items are his but a lot of items sold belonged to the state as they were presents from other countries, royals, heads of state ect......

I have to admit that I agree with Eliza's theory. I am really confused. If these objects were extracted in the early 90's by the King, but he's NOT the owner anymore, he must at least know who the owner is. So why do they keep confusing us by blaming one another (King- Greek Gvnt.) and denying the responsibility for this auction? I wonder who the lycky guy with the 9 million is...

vally said:
...If these objects were extracted in the early 90's by the King, but he's NOT the owner anymore, he must at least know who the owner is. So why do they keep confusing us by blaming one another (King- Greek Gvnt.) and denying the responsibility for this auction? I wonder who the lycky guy with the 9 million is...
Maybe our focus is too narrow. When the items were retrieved in the 90s we assumed the King kept them all to himself. More logically (and fairly), some may have been shared between members of the immediate family. King Constantine is not an only child. ;)

Warren said:
Maybe our focus is too narrow. When the items were retrieved in the 90s we assumed the King kept them all to himself. More logically (and fairly), some may have been shared between members of the immediate family. King Constantine is not an only child. ;)

Absolutely. If you check King George's I descendance, they were 7 children, and many many granchildren.
In example, Prince Michel de Grece is a closer descendent to King George I than King Kostantine. Actually King George I was his grandfather, and for King Kostantine, it was his grand-grand father.
Prince Philip also is King George's I granchild, despite that I think that when he wed Queen Elisabeth, he gave up to all his rights.

For someone who is courageous, hereunder the link of the descendance. Thanks to Leo Van de Pas website.
Georgios I, King of the Hellenes 1863-1913, Prince of Denmark

Last edited:
I heard the news that ex- princess Alexandra of Denmark remarried the man in his late twenties. Although she remarried and left DRF, she get subsistence allowance. The annual sum is about 3,400,000 dollars. How about Anne-Marie. She is Queen's sister. Does she have allowance?

Thanks, a pity the article didn t say who attended the memorial service. I gather that there were less descendants then last year. Are Greek people invited to? Esp. those who used to work at court or who are high-placed and supporters of the monarchy (like the lady who organised the Olympics).

Marengo said:
Thanks, a pity the article didn t say who attended the memorial service. I gather that there were less descendants then last year. Are Greek people invited to? Esp. those who used to work at court or who are high-placed and supporters of the monarchy (like the lady who organised the Olympics).

the 'lady who organized the Olympics' (aka Gianna Angelopoulos) has never proclaimed to be a supporter of the monarchy. She just worked along with Constantine in promoting Athens' bid for the games, back in 1997 -that's all..

elina said:
I heard the news that ex- princess Alexandra of Denmark remarried the man in his late twenties. Although she remarried and left DRF, she get subsistence allowance. The annual sum is about 3,400,000 dollars. How about Anne-Marie. She is Queen's sister. Does she have allowance?

Alexandra is having an allowance because she has the custody of her two boy who are Princes of Denmark, and on line to the Danish throne, and also because she is having a role and some obligations in the name of the DRF.

But Queen Anne Maria, does not leave in Denmark, and she has not official role in the DRF, so she could not have any allowance, paid by the Danish State.
Of course she may have fortune and income, of the personnal fortune of her danish family, but this we do not know.

tamta said:
the 'lady who organized the Olympics' (aka Gianna Angelopoulos) has never proclaimed to be a supporter of the monarchy. She just worked along with Constantine in promoting Athens' bid for the games, back in 1997 -that's all..

Absolutely. They worked together, thats it.

Some rish people, being "nouveau riches", they like being with royels, because of the glamour, but it does not mean that they really support
Monarchy

Please forgive my ignorance but I would like to know how King Constantine is received by the Greeks when he visits his homeland. Are his visits to Greece recognised or does he visit in a purely private capacity.

I've always followed news of him in the English press - he seems to be a popular figure here and with the British Royal family and I have often wondered how his own people view him.

The official title is King Konstantinos former king of the Hellenes.His visits arent ofcourse recognised by the greek state and nobody knows publicly when he is in Greece,only by seeing his Mercedes parked outside the hotel where he and his family always stay.He is seen in numerous times walking or driving in Athens,personally i saw him once driving and Nikolaos was with him.Ofcourse he has some followers but the majority of the people is not really concerned for him or for restoring the monarchy.There were some rumors covered by the press about his intend of buying a house and living permanently in Greece but nobody knows if has bought one.We have a national holiday celebrating the restoration of democracy and the fall of the military coup and i must say that history books and the press dont say good things for his reign and for the royal family,so the young generations have not a good impression for him or for the monarchy.We tend to forget that we ever had monarchy in recent years.I hope i covered you.
This is the hotel where he stays when he is in Greece and he books one suite.You can guess which one!It is the most luxurious,oldest hotel in Greece and used to be a private residence built at early 1870 by a Greek.GRANDE BRETAGNE Hotel in Athens Greece

Last edited:
Thank you Daytona and Avalon for taking the time to answer my question so well.

I adore Greece and that is why I take a big interest in its past and present.

I have asked my question before when I have been visiting Greece but the people I asked didn't seem to know much about him.

You are welcome.Take a minute and read the thread of the former palaces,especially the one at Tatoi to understand at what state the goverment has left the buildings.Some artifacts such as paintings of great historical value dated at 1840 were stolen or lost!

Pics 7.6.2007

Margaret Thatcher, Queen Anne Marie and King Constantine attended an event together: King Constantine gave his oak leaves, which are worn to represent King Charles escaping from parliamentary forces in 1651, to Margaret Thatcher - these were pinned on her lapel by Queen Anne Marie Founders Day Parade, Royal Chelsea Hospital, London, Britain - 07 Jun 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

What lovely pictures! One of my favourite Queens with my favourite Briton. First class.

What about the Royals buried there? Are people going to pay a few Euros to see the graves? Honestly. Why they can't give Tatoi back when it's legally Constantine's is beyond me.

NEWS!!!!!

HIS MAJESTY KING CONSTANTINE VISITS ARCHBISHOP CHRISTODOULUS

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media

iT IS IMPORTANT. THE ARCHBISHOP IS PATIENT AND HE HAS WANTED TO SPEAK WITH cONSTANTINO (THE ARCHBISHOP IS HEAD OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCH)
HE ALWAYS HAS SHOWN AFFECTION BY KING ,BUT HE HAS AVOIDED TO BE WITH cONSTANTINO BECAUSE HE HAS NOT WANTED TO HAVE POLITICAL PROBLEMS.yESTERDAY, HE RECEIVED IN HOSPITAL TO cONSTANTINO AND IT HAS MADE THINK TO THE GREEK JOURNALIST THAT HER STATE OF HEALTH IS VERY BAD.(State of health of archbishop).

The Greek journalist ask themselves: What have they spoken?

This is a very important indication that the Autocepfalos (INDEPENDENT) Church of Greece aknoweledeges the existence and role of the GRF in the MODERN life of the Greek nation and people.Obviously there must be a strong relationship there!It would be interesting to hear what the anti Royalists of the Greek goverment are saying amongst themselves at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom