King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie 1: December 2002-April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Someone is a King .....He IS a King of ALL the nation! !!!Now dear C.D show us the PHOTO with NUNS !!!You know this famous photo that the King Konstantine as Heir went during a visit to a female monastery,and as usual he photographed with a group of Nuns!After some years people like you C.D spread the rumor that HE has been with all of them!!!!!!!!!! There is also many photos with the Archbishop Damaskinos ...Why you don't post them???

Bubette,maybe I should have rephrased the point I was making. (As Aliki is dead!!!). KC "apparently" liked this actress before he even met QAM. So it's not an affair or anything like that. It was stated at the time that Queen Frederika vetoed the relationship.

Secondly Cuervo, your attitude is appalling. Oh, by the way he is NOT KING of any nation.

How accurate is the rumour that Constantine had an affair with Farah Diba, the former Empress of Iran?

Cuervo, Constantine is the Ex King of Greece.

Cuervo is quite obviously a royalist. He supports Constantine II. I'm certain he's very well aware that Greece does not have a monarchy any longer, since he does happen to be a native of said country and still resides there.

Why anyone would have an issue with such posts on a board about royalty is rather a mystery to me :rolleyes:

Originally posted by paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm
How accurate is the rumour that Constantine had an affair with Farah Diba, the former Empress of Iran?

No, He hadn't had any affair of the kind you mean my dear!

Konstantinos Vasileas ton Ellinon! Constantine of Greece is the answer to your question!!There is no other King of Greece!

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree!!

Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:21 pm
Cuervo is quite obviously a royalist. He supports Constantine II. I'm certain he's very well aware that Greece does not have a monarchy any longer, since he does happen to be a native of said country and still resides there.

Why anyone would have an issue with such posts on a board about royalty is rather a mystery to me :rolleyes:
Sometimes I see him supporting All Six Kings ...together!!The guy is Crazy!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Originally posted by paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

Apparently so. They say the affair was rampant and that is why Q-AM left for Denmark.

Originally posted by CD.@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:17 am
Ex- King stands for Ex-King. He is no more I'm afraid. B)
Excellency in a King is always an idividual Excellency!!

Originally posted by laskaris+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (laskaris @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

Konstantinos Vasileas ton Ellinon! Constantine of Greece is the answer to your question!!There is no other King of Greece!

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree!! [/b][/quote]
It is unlikely that Tino, who received financial support from the Shah, would have had an affair with Farah. But he has had several extra marital relationships -and Claridges, with its rather discrete staff, is a good place for assignations.

The thing is... the media machine loves to speculate on the events behind closed doors which are printed in the gossip sections and then assumed to be true beacuse its been printed. Eventualy when the press scoops on a true event all the other speculations that are usualy total fiction are then considerd to be the truth as well by defult. In the UK any member of the Royal Family, especialy William, only has to be seen near someone and they are either dating them or having an illicit affair with them :eek: . Im sure the Greek press had Constantine lined up with every society girl in the 1950s and 1960s beacuse lets face it, he was very good looking. However it is more than probable he has had affairs, just not with anyone we would ever imagine. I would suspect perhaps it was a result of having one that perhaps inspire he and Anne Marie to begine a new family with Theodora and Phillipos in the 1980s.

Its a different world they live in, no one is perfect and their marriage values are different and cant be easy... however what ever your view I do think that Anne Marie diserves praise as having always stood by her husband, has never aired her dirty laundry in public and always kept her dignity. She is a modle Queen Consort and i think shes luvley :heart: .

Originally posted by Marlene+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:36 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marlene @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:36 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by laskaris@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am
<!--QuoteBegin-paloma
@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree!!
It is unlikely that Tino, who received financial support from the Shah, would have had an affair with Farah. But he has had several extra marital relationships -and Claridges, with its rather discrete staff, is a good place for assignations. [/b][/quote]
So,who's Treasurer are you??"Tino's" or Sachs??Because if you are not a treasurer .......

Græsk/dansk ekskongepar vil hjem

20-08-04: 17:59

Vi hører til i Grækenland, forklarede parret over for NYHEDERNE i Athen.
Foto: TV 2Ekskong Konstantin og eksdronning Anne-Marie flytter efter 37 år i eksil i London tilbage til Grækenland, for*tæller parret til TV 2/NYHEDERNE.

Konstantin og Anne-Marie tilbage til Grækenland

Fotos: Konstantin og Anne-Marie
"Vi har altid ønsket at komme hjem, og vi har altid følt os nostalgiske. Og nu, hvor det bliver til noget, er det vidunderligt. Vi er på udkig efter et hus, og det tager lidt tid. Vi venter, til vi har fundet det helt rigtige sted. Men det er en dejlig følelse at vende hjem," siger ekskongen til TV 2.

Kongeparrets eksil indledtes i 1967, da en gruppe officerer greb magten.

Grækenland blev en republik i 1974, så Konstantin og Anne-Marie er ikke stillet anderledes i landet end andre grækere.

Dengang beslaglagde regeringen parrets ejendomme og besiddelser, og først i 2002 fik ekskong Konstantin Den Europæiske Menneskerettighedsdomstols ord for, at staten skal yde erstatning for tabene.

Forholdet mellem parret og den græske regering er nu glimrende, forsikrer Konstantin over for TV 2.

News from the royal familiy of Greece

Græsk/dansk ekskongepar vil hjem

20-08-04: 17:59

Vi hører til i Grækenland, forklarede parret over for NYHEDERNE i Athen.
Foto: TV 2Ekskong Konstantin og eksdronning Anne-Marie flytter efter 37 år i eksil i London tilbage til Grækenland, for*tæller parret til TV 2/NYHEDERNE.

Konstantin og Anne-Marie tilbage til Grækenland

Fotos: Konstantin og Anne-Marie
"Vi har altid ønsket at komme hjem, og vi har altid følt os nostalgiske. Og nu, hvor det bliver til noget, er det vidunderligt. Vi er på udkig efter et hus, og det tager lidt tid. Vi venter, til vi har fundet det helt rigtige sted. Men det er en dejlig følelse at vende hjem," siger ekskongen til TV 2.

Kongeparrets eksil indledtes i 1967, da en gruppe officerer greb magten.

Grækenland blev en republik i 1974, så Konstantin og Anne-Marie er ikke stillet anderledes i landet end andre grækere.

Dengang beslaglagde regeringen parrets ejendomme og besiddelser, og først i 2002 fik ekskong Konstantin Den Europæiske Menneskerettighedsdomstols ord for, at staten skal yde erstatning for tabene.

Forholdet mellem parret og den græske regering er nu glimrende, forsikrer Konstantin over for TV 2.

Attachments

• Græsk kongepar.jpg
    Græsk kongepar.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,005
Athen - Athens Konstantin - Constantine

Og - and Anne- Marie -- Anna - Maria

Graekenland - Greece

TV2 - Second Danish channel Naeste - Next

Tilbage - Leave

Dansk - Danish Bang&Olufsen :Excellent technology
CD Player very expensive to buy
Kong - King

Kongelige - Kingdom

Graekenland - Greece

Interesting!

Greek family palace at Tatoi

Are there any pictures of the palace at Tatoi? This is one of the palaces that was seized when the greek royal family was exiled.

Queen Anne-Marie's birthday is the 30.8. not the 31.8!

The 31.8 was Princess Diana's death day.
The 29.8. was Queen Astrid's death day.

I was in Beijing

when i posted -the happy birthday post for my Queen- and as you know China is 24 hours fast,so iit seemed like I postponed the post.....!

31.08. was Madonna's concert in Berlin also.
29.08. Vangelis gave a concert in Athens
29.08. midday H.H Prince Nickolaos of Greece was enjoing his fredo in Athens...!(apologize)

You want more???

Last edited:
Winners at Dragon 75th anniversary regatta
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
Celebration of the winners at Dragon 75th anniversary regatta at Saint Tropez. 260 Dragons are expected for the class 75th anniversary.

ETA: www.colourpress.com /Mandy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 723
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 651
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 657
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 582
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 582
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 589
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 578
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:
Former Greek King Constantine waves as he sails off, aboard his Dragon sailing boat in the harbour of St Tropez, southeastern France, before a regatta marking the 75th anniversary of the Dragon design, Thursday, Oct. 14, 2004. Some 260 Dragons take part in the regatta.

ETA: Source www.polfoto.dk /Mandy

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 486
King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece with the the Duke of Westminister visited Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. (Originally posted by pdas1201 in the British Forum. Thanks!!)

ETA: Source www.fotobank.com /Mandy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 367
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 321
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 358
and here are a few older photos

ETA: Source www.corbis.com /Mandy

Attachments

• 0000308691-035.jpg
    0000308691-035.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 0000276751-017.jpg
    0000276751-017.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 887
  • 0000277921-003.jpg
    0000277921-003.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 403
  • 0000288855-026.jpg
    0000288855-026.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 0000308123-020.jpg
    0000308123-020.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 0000308682-003.jpg
    0000308682-003.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 0000312256-038.jpg
    0000312256-038.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 0000295082-012.jpg
    0000295082-012.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 510

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 332
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 450

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 409
Ex-king in former palace
Thirty-seven years after he was forced to flee Greece, the country’s last king was received yesterday in the central Athens mansion that for some six decades served as the royal palace.

The visit by Constantine, the 64-year-old former monarch, to the Irodou Atticou St. presidential palace — his first since 1967 — was kept secret at first, and was only confirmed in the afternoon by President Costis Stephanopoulos’s press office.

“President Stephanopoulos accepted a plea by former King Constantine to visit the presidential palace, accompanied by his wife and family members,” a statement said. “During the visit, the president met the former king.”

Presidential sources said Stephanopoulos had agreed on “humanitarian” grounds, and that no formalities had been observed.

Constantine fled Greece months after the 1967 coup. The monarchy was abolished following a 1974 plebiscite, after the fall of the junta. Two years ago, the European Court of Human Rights awarded compensation to Constantine for the seizure of his properties in Greece by the Greek government in 1994.

from http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100014_24/12/2004_51077

Did anyone in the UK see the documentry on Channel 5 just after christmas with Kirsty Young about King Constantine? The King who is not known for making documentries about his exile and life as an ex-ling agreed to make a film about the events leading upto the Junta and life after 1974. Although it was phrased he agreed to make the film, i suspect it might have been more of a request as there was considerable footage of him in Greece during the summer and his visits to Tatoi and it does tie in very nicley with his recent wedding aniversary and significant appearence in Greece during the Olympics. There were two sides shown, amoung the Kings supporters, his Private Secretary and the 'priest' (sorry i cant think of the greek name) of the Ortherdox Church in London were interviewed and a writer whos views were unclear as to whether they were dissmissing criticisms of the Kings Actions or simply constuctive critical analysis of events. I couldnt say that the documentry was overley outstanding as a peice of journalism and was not as informative of historical events either in favour, against or unbiased of the King and certainly came across more as a public relations activity on his part, than an anyalasis of his short reign, the junta and excile as Constantine maintained his silence on many questions and didnt say very much more than he has in the past which made me wounder what the point of it was. However it did provide an interesting hour of being "at home with the king."

I enjoyed hearing the King and Queen talk freeley about their feelings for Tatoi, and filling in little details such as pointing out the room where Pavlos was born for example, explaining a breif family history as they walked over the grave yard. It was nice to hear them both talk informaly, especialy as i had never heard Anne-Marie speak and was suprised that her english was better than her husbands whom seems to miss out the odd word occastionaly. However i do long for a televised documentry looking much further into the events of 1967 from all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom