Golden wedding anniversary, Sept. 18th 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, I did not see Mrs Miller at all, wasn't she there?

Well, there must have been some little coverage:
Ver imagen
just notice the microphone!

Thanks. Yest it was a little coverage, but only from the "people" media, like if it was a top model partying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the church service of thanksgiving held at the Metropolis? And if so, it looked so much smaller than 50 years ago...?! The cathedral seems to undergo heavy renovations at the moment, doesn´t it?

Was the church service of thanksgiving held at the Metropolis? And if so, it looked so much smaller than 50 years ago...?! The cathedral seems to undergo heavy renovations at the moment, doesn´t it?

the Archbishop of Athens and all Greece, gave the blessing them, and asked God for the health and longevity of the Kings, Constantine and Anne Marie. The cathedral is larger than as seen in the photos, it is being restored, and has scaffolding, the cathedral is dismantled for restoration. While it was being repaired, for me to open cathedral, has a special value.

This photo that I publish is of Crown prince Pavlo, it was published into his instagram profile :p:p:p:p:p:p

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gyqaULSJ7...EoYFxM/s1600/contantin+y+anamaria+50+años.jpg

and in this other picture was published by Marie Chantal, it is Prince Pavlo danzing the zeibekiko.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Instagram

Last edited:
But how do we know only from a photo it was not a "syrtaki"?!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2014.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The golden anniversary took place in the Royal Yachtclub located outside Athens and there were 300 guests.
King Konstantin had written his speech to his wife, but he couldn't bring himself to read it: "I become so emotional and begin to cry if I am to give it. That's why I have asked the children to give the speech, but I will of course write the speech myself".
So it was Princess Alexia and Prince Nikolaos, who gave the speech in Greek, while Prince Phillippos translated to English.
Surprising many, Queen Anne-Marie also gave a moving speech where she talked about the ups and downs in their lives, but that was secondary: "Because we have always been good/fine together".

Crown Prince Pavlos gave a speech for his parents, while Princess Theodora illustrated the speech with pictures (mainly of the five children). But also Princess Alexia's four children contributed, albeit at a distance, because they weren't physically present, but they had recorded a few sweet words, beginning in Danish: "Hej mormor, hej morfar = hi (maternal) grandmother, hi (maternal) grandad". Then switching to English: "We are so sorry we can't be with you tonight. But we wish you a big happy anniversary".

Dancing went on to dawn.

QMII and Benedikte went to the party without husbands. PH is travelling abroad somewhere and Prince Richard are reluctant to travel abroad for parties anymore.
Benedikte wore a dress made from fabric purchased in Hong Kong and made by a German tailor, while QMII wore a dres by Birgitte Thaulow.
They both stayed at Hotel Grand Bretagne.

Before the party and in the presence of his five children, King Konstantin said to our reporter: "I think the most sexy thing would be to become great-grandparents" - so his children better get moving!

The celebrations lasted some 48 hours and started at 21.00 at the Yacht Club for welcoming drinks and then a dinner, where the guests were seated at eight-seat tables, while the Greek tenor, Nick Karagkiaouri entertained.

During the entire party the GRF's private boat, Afroessa, was moored at the club and was fully illuminated.

Among the guests were Queen Sofia and her sister Irene. Queen Sofia always live at either Hotel Hilton or the GRF at Porte Heli, when in Greece.
Count Ingolf (Queen Anne-Marie's cousin) and wife.
Princess Elena.
Princess Alexandra with her Count Jefferson.
Princess Victoria od Bourbon and her Marcos Nomikos.
Prince Ernest August.
Prince Hassan of Jordan, with his Princess Sarvath.
Princess Margareta of Rumania with her Prince Radu.
King Simeon of Bulgaria with his Margarita.
Crown Prince Alexander of Jugoslavia with his Greek wife Alexandra.
Prince Michael of Greece with his Marina Karella.

The day before the actual anniversary the GRF held a dinner for 50 at the Akropolis Museum. The dinner started at 21.00 and as many of the guests don't meet on a regular basis, there was a lot of catching up going on, meaning that it was a very cosy affair.
QMII could not attend due to engagements back in DK, but she was nevertheles very eager to visit the museum, so after the celebrations she went to the museum the next day.

Princess Alexandra and her Jefferson are busy these days! "We are so busy. We have just moved in at an old German schloss-mill, which must be restored. We haven't tried that before".

An old classmate of Anne-Marie was also there, Birgitta Hillingsøe with her husband, who are also very close friends of the Danish Regent Couple. Birgitta Hillingsøe's nickname is Pylle, which incidentally is the Danish name for Daisy Duck's second niece - Kylle, Pylle & Rylle. (Just a little cultural info to scare even the worst bore away at the next reception you attend...:p)

The press stood guard outside Hotel Grand Bretagne as a constant trickle of guests for the anniversary arrived, but they were waiting for Lady Gaga and assumed the red carpet was being been rolled out for her. - No, that was for QMII who arrived shortly after, taking the somewhat chaotic shuffling and confused reporters in her stride.
Once QMII had walked up the carpet, accompanied by PET (instead of Greek security being in charge) the carpet was rolled up, - alas Lady Gaga, alas...

On the day of the anniversary the King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie were blessed at a ceremony at Athen Cathedral, by the arch bishop of Athens, Jerome. During the ceremony they were seated in the same chairs used at their wedding in 1964.

Being the highest ranking present QMII sat at the place of honor, next to King Konstantin.

Last edited:
thank you!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p
In this photo, we can see the time when Princess Alexia read the speech of King Constantine.
http://goo.gl/emT3Cm:p:p:p:p

Princess Alexia is very happy, and wonderful.
The video of the children of Princess Alexia is very good idea.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p
In this photo, we can see the time when Princess Alexia read the speech of King Constantine.
http://goo.gl/emT3Cm:p:p:p:p

Princess Alexia is very happy, and wonderful.
The video of the children of Princess Alexia is very good idea.

Are there any other photos like this? More candid ones that weren't released in the press? This is the first time I've seen this particular photo.

Because of the movements of his body. Zeibekiko is a solo dance danced quite exclusively by a male alone, and is an expression of male pain and love
(or life) suffering, so you can see his body movements going "down".

Syrtaki, is not a real traditionnal dance, it has been invented and choreographed on the time of the film "Zorba the Greek", and is danced by people with hands on others shoulders, and it is definitely not the dance performed by CPs Pavlos in the picture.

You can also see Stef's post above, she is greek and she also said zeibekiko, not syrtaki.

I see. As a non-greek I thought Syrtaki could also be danced by oneself.

A question: I believed the service at the Metropolis was held the day after the anniversary on sept. 19th and not on sept. 18th, like Billed Bladet stated?

It´s such a pity we will never see videos of the speeches given by the royal "children"....!

Last edited:

Sirtáki is danced in a line formation with hands held on neighbours' shoulders. So apparently he was not dancing sirtaki. Zeimbekiko is a solo dance.

I´d strongly appreciate some scans from some greek magazines from the occasion, like "OK" or the greek "Hola!" !

Ah, I see Pr. Philippos also holding a speech!

:previous:this is the moment of the photo of Princes Alexia, Nikolaos and Philippos:" King Konstantin had written his speech to his wife, but he couldn't bring himself to read it: "I become so emotional and begin to cry if I am to give it. That's why I have asked the children to give the speech, but I will of course write the speech myself".
So it was Princess Alexia and Prince Nikolaos, who gave the speech in Greek, while Prince Phillippos translated to English.

Other picture , the Kings in the nautical club , in the background we can see the boat sailing , Afroessa.

http://goo.gl/uMgNLJ

Last edited:
:previous:this is the moment of the photo of Princes Alexia, Nikolaos and Philippos:" King Konstantin had written his speech to his wife, but he couldn't bring himself to read it: "I become so emotional and begin to cry if I am to give it. That's why I have asked the children to give the speech, but I will of course write the speech myself".

Oh, yes of course! Sorry! If you do have some more stuff, Stef, please go ahead! Much appreciated!!!

who's the lady that sofia grabs by the arm in the last picture of the last link? they look close, but she looks unfamiliar...

Back
Top Bottom