Funeral of King Constantine - January 16, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such a nice moment, King WA hugging Pavlos.

They have to organize themselves a bit. Nikola received the Spanish family outside the church, and then Pavlos received the King and Queen of the Netherlands, but no-one was outside to received Prince Albert! Philippos could have done that.

W-A can be such a loving person, and Maxima is wearing a veil. We stan.

Felipe and Haakon with their wives have arrived.

And so does Princess Anne with Sir Tim!

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Anne’s husband was spotted at the hotel.

I don’t know....the crowds seem to love royalty.
All reigning royals- I see the King and Queen of the Belgians have just arrived. They all received roaring applauses!!

I love that the brothers have taken turn greeting their foreign royal guests.

a

Very poignant to see Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark arrive. Just like it was when Queen Sofia and Princess Irene arrived.

The King and Queen of Spain, Crown Prince and Princess of Norway, Princess Martha-Louise

Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence

The Badens

King and Queen of Sweden, Princess Cristina

Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Princess Margaretha, Alexandre of Yugoslavia and Katherine, Queen Noor of Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl-Gustav and Silvia, Grand Duke Henri and Queen Noor have arrived.

Two big wreaths with white flowers at the left of cathedral's entrance, with white ribbons. One with crowned monograms of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and one with a crowned monogram of Princess Beatrix.

So please Princess Ann and her Husband has gone, import that a senior

member of the British family went !

Tatiana and Nina have arrived, followed by Alexia, Carlos and their children.

And now Princess Benedikte and Alexandra.

Edit: Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (and my heart).

Last edited:
To be perfectly frank, the royal turnout is just mindblowing ...

Queen Noor of Jordan! I'm shook!
I swore I saw Princess Sarvath of Jordan but to add Queen Noor?! Impressive!

What a royal turnout!

Queen Anne-Marie and Marie Chantal have arrived. I'm crying with the way the people shouted for her.

The crowd chanting Princess Alexia's name and the cheers Queen Anne-Marie go were extremely poignant. Teared me up. Especially when Anne-Marie looked back at the crowd and put her hand over her heart.

I couldn't see her face, but the blonde lady with Pss Anne and Sir Tim might have been Lady Gabriella?

The crowd chanting Princess Alexia's name and the cheers Queen Anne-Marie go were extremely poignant. Teared me up. Especially when Anne-Marie looked back at the crowd and put her hand over her heart.

I admittedly teared up when I saw Queen Anne-Marie look back at the crowd. It was clear she was about to cry, probably thinking "If only he could see this..."

:cry:

Nice seeing the greeting from Crown Prince Pavlos to Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim. Then seeing all the cousins greeting each other outside the church.

The priest chanting just called him Constantinos Basileus. King Constantine.

Sure :cool: The monarchs of Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain etc. can go but not heir apparent (and godson of Constantine) of the UK. Absolute (..) excuse, pardon my language. But I expected no less from the BRF who also embarrassed themselves at Fabiola's funeral.
Last I heard the British Foreign Office is not responsible for the movements of other royal families.

But yes, it would be good if this new generation of British royals became a little more outward looking.

Anne-Marie can't take it anymore ( and I tear up seeing Benedikte do all sorts of movements to get a better glimpse of her little sister). Philippos is holding on to Nina's hand for dear life, poor thing, it's dawning on him just now. :(

Maxima is crying as well.

I admittedly teared up when I saw Queen Anne-Marie look back at the crowd. It was clear she was about to cry, probably thinking "If only he could see this..."

Stop it! :cry:

Last edited:

I think that's exactly what she was thinking :cry:

Rarely seen such poignant ceremony, oh my !

Who are the two women and a man seated next to Princess Alexandra of Berleberg?

I know when Queen Anne-Marie and King Constantine married they conversed in English because he didn't know Danish nor she Greek. Did she ever learn Greek?

My soul rejoices everytime the priests refers to Konstantinos as Constantinos Basileus, may that sound resonate inside every politician's little brain, for eternity.
Theodora is really struggling.

I know when Queen Anne-Marie and King Constantine married they conversed in English because he didn't know Danish nor she Greek. Did she ever learn Greek?

But of course she learned Greek! ❤️

Last edited:
Beside Princess Alexandra is Pia Miller Getty (Marie-Chantal's sister), Tatiana's mother, and the father of Nina, Thomas Flohr.

Yes, although with a strong accent, she learnt it fast and speaks Greek very well.

Back
Top Bottom