Funeral of Grand Duchess Charlotte: July 1985

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

olivier290782

Can anyone post pictures of this royal event? I would like to see pictures of this event !!!
Thanks in advance !!!

Olivier.

I have tried and tried to find photos of this even but, I have gotten nothing but a dry well......

sorry!

I would like to see photos of HRH Grand-duchess Charlotte I of Luxembourg funeral, too.
I read HRH Crown Prince Felipe of Spain attended it.
I Would also like to know which royals were present there.

helleniki  Posted: Apr 18th, 2004 - 11:41 am

I would like to see photos of HRH Grand-duchess Charlotte I of Luxembourg funeral, too.

I thought that happened in the 1960's.
Was CP Felipe born by that time?

HRH Grand-duchess Charlotte I of Luxembourg died in 1985, so HRH Crown Prince Felipe of Spain could attended the funeral.

I would like to see photos or know the royals who attended the funeral.

I thought that happened in the 1960's.
Was CP Felipe born by that time?

Crown Prince Felipe of Spain was born in Madrid on January 30, 1968.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand Duchess Charlotte died in 1989, so Prince Felipe could attend as well. I'd love to see, too.

Charlotte died in 1985, not in 1989; so Felipe was 17 at that time.

some confusion here

reading the adove post's, i gather some members are a little confused, as to when the death or funeral of the grand duchess charlotte occured.
one member seems to think that the events occured in the 1960's. true grand duchess charlotte's reign ended in 1964, but it does mean that she had died whilst being the sovereign.
no grand duchess charlotte (like her sister grand duchess adelaide), abdicated the throne in favour of her son grand duke jean on the 12 nov 1964.
indeed its seems to the habit of the nassau female sovereigns to abdicate thier thrones. adelaide's and charlotte's, distant cousins the queens of the netherlands did the same thing.
yes the former grand duchess charlotte, did die in the 1980's (9th july 1985).

I remember above her coffin their was the Pope's golden rose.
What I don't remerber is if she was still alive when Pope Jean paul II came to Luxembourg.

I remember above her coffin their was the Pope's golden rose.
What I don't remerber is if she was still alive when Pope Jean paul II came to Luxembourg.
The Pope came to Luxembourg in May 1985, and she died on 9 July 1985, so she was still alive.

Thanks Mafan ,
Do you know if she received her golden rose in 1985 or before ?

Really there was a golden rose above her coffin? I must be incredible, a pity we don't have pices

Really there was a golden rose above her coffin? I must be incredible, a pity we don't have pices

Bumping, are there really no pictures of the golden rose? I agree that it has to be incredible.

The Papal Golden Rose takes on different constructs and have been made by different artists through time. It is rather like roses dipped in gold and planted in a pot of gold. Not only is it given to people, but to churches, etc.

Bumping again in the hopes that someone will have a picture. I have done several searches myself, but didn't find anything. I would LOVE to see the Golden Rose! :flowers:

I am sorry, the only thing I have found is this... maybe it would be worth to ask there whether they have any pics, since some people posted unpublished photos of the Grand Duchess, they might even have the funeral photos.

Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxemburg

I am sorry, the only thing I have found is this... maybe it would be worth to ask there whether they have any pics, since some people posted unpublished photos of the Grand Duchess, they might even have the funeral photos.

Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxemburg

Thanks a lot! I have an account there, I think from long ago, so I will ask and see what they have!

Photos at four generations? Grand Duchess Charlotte was 89 near she died? Sisters and brothers?

She received her Golden Rose in 1956, from Pope Pius XII.

Want to bump this thread again in the hopes that someone out there has pictures of the golden rose! :flowers:

Want to bump this thread again in the hopes that someone out there has pictures of the golden rose! :flowers:

Here's the picture of the golden rose given to Grand Duchess Charlotte by the Pope. The rose is part of an exhibit of the Grand Ducal family's silver possessions that will be on display at the Musee National d’Histoire et d’Art from October 5 to January 13.

490000810080041a-1fda57e5b50b2bf84ed47a91397ed959.jpg

That is really beautiful....thanks MidnightSonatta!

Beautiful! Wow, thanks so much for sharing the picture!

The Royal Ladies of the Grand Ducal family were in a small place above. Only the Grand Duchess had no veil.

Back
Top Bottom