Other Historical Swedish Monarchs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CyrilVladisla

Imperial Majesty
City
Conneaut
Country
United States
Gustav II Adolf was the King of Sweden from 1611 to 1632.
Maria Eleonora of Brandenburg (1599-1655) was the daughter of John Sigismund, Elector of Brandenburg and Anna, Duchess of Prussia.
Gustav II Adolf and Maria Eleonora were married on November 25, 1620 at the Royal Castle in Stockholm, Sweden.

Stenkil was a King of Sweden who ruled c. 1060 to 1066. He duly supported the Christianization of Sweden.

Ingegerd Birgersdotter of Bjelbo was Queen of Sweden as the second wife of King Sverker II of Sweden.
In c.1200 she was married to King Sverker after the demise of his first consort Benedicta, and became Queen of Sweden directly upon her marriage.
She was Queen Consort from 1200 to 1208.

Sverker I was King of Sweden from 1130 to December 1156. He was murdered by his own coachman on Christmas Day 1156 while going to church.

Gustav III's toy carriage - a new addition to Livrustkammarens/Royal Armoury's collections. It has been made in Stockholm around 1750.

One of the favorite pastimes of King Adolphus Frederick, who reigned from 1751 to 1771, was to make snuffboxes.

What privileges did King Charles VII of Sweden, who reigned 1161-1167, donate to Vreta Abbey and Nydala Abbey?

Ulrika Eleonora was Queen Regnant of Sweden from 1718 to 1720. Why did the Riksdag oppose her request for her husband Prince Frederick of Hesse to be made co-monarch?

Ulrika Eleonora was Queen Regnant of Sweden from 1718 to 1720. Why did the Riksdag oppose her request for her husband Prince Frederick of Hesse to be made co-monarch?

I don't think there were ever joint Monarchs in Sweden prior to her requests.

Duchess Ingeborg (1301-1361), the mother of King Magnus IV of Sweden, was Regent of Sweden from 1318 to 1326.

In 1278 King Magnus III began using the title of "King of the Swedes and the Goths".

In 1278 King Magnus III began using the title of "King of the Swedes and the Goths".

That style was used up until the accession of Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden in 1973,I believe the Danish Monarchs used a similar one up until Queen Margrethe II's accession.

Canute I reigned as King of Sweden from 1172/73 to 1195.
He issued royal coins after circa 1180 with the inscription KANVTVS REX or KANVTVS.

Back
Top Bottom