The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 03-04-2019, 05:53 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The remains of Infante Jaime will be moved from El Escorial, the royal burial ground where they have been since 1985, to the Pantheon of Infantes which is also situated in El Escorial:

La dépouille de l'infant Jaime bientôt transférée au Panthéon des Infants - Noblesse & Royautés
The Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia remains are currently in the decaying chamber (El pudridero) which is traditional and they can remain there for up to 25 years before being re interred elsewhere at the El Escorial.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-05-2019, 02:59 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia remains are currently in the decaying chamber (El pudridero) which is traditional and they can remain there for up to 25 years before being re interred elsewhere at the El Escorial.
He is in the pudridero since 1985 so already well over 25 years.
__________________

__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:40 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
I wonder will there be a Mass or his remains simply just re interred at the Pantheon Real de Infantes?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder will there be a Mass or his remains simply just re interred at the Pantheon Real de Infantes?
I think there is n o Mass at last there was no public Mass was the remains of his mother where transferred to the Pantheon of the Kings a few year ago.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-05-2019, 02:46 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 19,648
There is no public celebration, the monks of the monastery make the transfer in a private act.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-05-2019, 05:47 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia remains are currently in the decaying chamber (El pudridero) which is traditional and they can remain there for up to 25 years before being re interred elsewhere at the El Escorial.
Ah; interesting, so it would seem there are two "stages" to burial in the El Escorial. I wonder why Infante Jaime's remains weren't moved sooner since as has already been pointed out, it's already been 25 years since 1985.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Ah; interesting, so it would seem there are two "stages" to burial in the El Escorial. I wonder why Infante Jaime's remains weren't moved sooner since as has already been pointed out, it's already been 25 years since 1985.
The remains of Jaime's mother Queen Ena were also left the pudridero for over 40 years before royal entombment.

Though a gruesome job, the gathering of the bones must be "cleaner work" when so much extra time has been allotted. The process reminds me of the Towers of Silence and similar ancient cultural practices, except they mostly rely/relied on carrion birds and meat-eating animals to speed up the skeletonization process.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-2019, 05:22 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addapalla View Post
The remains of Jaime's mother Queen Ena were also left the pudridero for over 40 years before royal entombment.

Though a gruesome job, the gathering of the bones must be "cleaner work" when so much extra time has been allotted. The process reminds me of the Towers of Silence and similar ancient cultural practices, except they mostly rely/relied on carrion birds and meat-eating animals to speed up the skeletonization process.
Thanks for the additional information. It would seem that Jaime's remains are following in those of his mother's footsteps.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-17-2019, 05:16 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thanks for the additional information. It would seem that Jaime's remains are following in those of his mother's footsteps.

Only that his remains will find their last place in the Pantheon of the Infantes not in the Pantheon of the Kings.
Actually everyone who is buried at the Escorial has to go through this Procedur that the remains are first put in the Pudrideor for some time before finding their last place.
I think the only example who did not have to go through it was the remains of King Alfonso XIII. After his death in 1941 he was buired in Rome and when they where transferred to the Escorial in the 1980's they where directly put it the Pantheon of the Kings.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-17-2019, 05:15 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Only that his remains will find their last place in the Pantheon of the Infantes not in the Pantheon of the Kings.
Actually everyone who is buried at the Escorial has to go through this Procedur that the remains are first put in the Pudrideor for some time before finding their last place.
Yes; I'm aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the only example who did not have to go through it was the remains of King Alfonso XIII. After his death in 1941 he was buired in Rome and when they where transferred to the Escorial in the 1980's they where directly put it the Pantheon of the Kings.
Now that I didn't know. Interesting piece of information.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-17-2019, 05:29 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
The remains of HRH The Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria are currently in the El Pudridero chamber since his death in 2015.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,303
and the Count and Countess of Barcelone ?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:52 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
and the Count and Countess of Barcelone ?
TRH The Count and Countess I believe are still reposing in the El Pudridero chamber and that there is currently no more space at the Pantheon of the Kings.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-18-2019, 03:45 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
TRH The Count and Countess I believe are still reposing in the El Pudridero chamber and that there is currently no more space at the Pantheon of the Kings.
There are two last places which are for the Count and Countess of Barcelona. King Juan Carlos decided that they should be buired as ithey had reigned as King and Queen but this decision means that for him and Queen Sofia will be no places in the Pantheon of the Kings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
and the Count and Countess of Barcelone ?
They are resting in the pudridero of the Pantheon of the Kingfs. There are two pudrideros one for the Pantehon of the Kings and one for the Pantheon of the Infantes.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-18-2019, 04:09 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
King Juan Carlos decided that they should be buired as if they had reigned as King and Queen but this decision means that for him and Queen Sofia will be no places in the Pantheon of the Kings.
It's quite fitting anyway that the creators of the "new monarchy" should start a new tradition somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-18-2019, 04:26 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
It's quite fitting anyway that the creators of the "new monarchy" should start a new tradition somewhere else.

I hope that they will continue the Tradition and also be buried at the Escorial.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-18-2019, 06:22 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
There was talk about extending the Royal Vaults sometime ago but I've not heard anything of late.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-30-2020, 02:39 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 6,663
Infante Jaime attended a shoot at the estates of the Count de Leiva at Fuenlabrado on December 6, 1927.
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/74860092
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There are two last places which are for the Count and Countess of Barcelona. King Juan Carlos decided that they should be buired as ithey had reigned as King and Queen but this decision means that for him and Queen Sofia will be no places in the Pantheon of the Kings.
Is that in any way linked to Infanta Pilar's decision not to be interred in the Pantheon of the Infantes?


Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if the Dukedom of Segovia will ever be used again by a member of the Spanish RF?
Unfortunately, after Iñaki Urdangarin's imprisonment, I suspect in the foreseeable future the Royal Family will view it as the safer course of action to leave the morganatic spouses without any title at all.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-30-2020, 03:25 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,872
The Duchy of Segovia reverted back to the crown upon the Infante's death in 1975 and has not been recreated since.

The Duke held the Following Royal Orders

Knight of The Order of the Golden Fleece
Knight of the Order of Carlos III
Night of the Order of Isabel la Católica
Knight of the Order of the Elephant
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infanta Elena of Spain & Don Jaime de Marichalar 1995 Josefine Royal Weddings 92 09-19-2020 08:38 AM
Names For Future Infante/Infanta wymanda King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 121 10-30-2005 10:24 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication america anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde resusci anne royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress solomon j solomon stuart thailand united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×