We must say Farewell to Warren

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
Country
United States
This week our community has lost a beloved member and long time leader. Warren, one of our Community Administrators has passed away this Wednesday the 10th of June, 2015.

Warren has been an anchor for TRF for more than a decade and has been a remarkable forum leader during this period. He took a keen interest in broadening the scope of the forum and making it more diverse, interesting and welcoming for all. He led by example and always stayed sensible, calm and never lost himself to pettiness, even when others did. He was always ready to give a helping hand, a sympathetic ear or sound advice to anybody who needed it and all of this usually accompanied with an enormous sense of wit and patience.

A recent diagnosis of cancer and ensuing treatment had recently reduced Warrens presence here at TRF and in typical form, he placed the continuity of the Community and concern for members at the fore. As his illness progressed, he sent this:

"It has been a great pleasure and an even greater honour being involved with The Royal Forums for over a decade. I would like to say thanks to all those who over the years made contact and with whom, for whatever period of time, I developed some sort of personal PM-based relationship. That also goes for those members with whom the relationship wasn't so cordial or friendly, with acknowledgement of both my and their sometimes subtle efforts to rebuild the bridges of communication and respect (I think they know who they are). I'd like to thank all those colleagues and members who offered support, understanding and - dare I say it - love, following the death of Graham, my partner of 16 years, in 2008.

I'm proud of what I've achieved with and for the Team and the Forums, and I'm proud of what we as a Team have achieved over the past decade. From what was largely a narrowly-focused fan site we've created a credible, respected and in places authoritative Forum of both fact and record. Under a very broad umbrella we still manage to provide areas where the fans can happily enjoy themselves while elsewhere others can just as happily nitpick the finer points of royal esoterica. I am most satisfied with both the diversity of our subject matter and the diversity of our membership. It makes it so much easier for me to walk away knowing that I'm leaving this place in very good, wise and experienced hands and that whatever transition takes place (if it hasn't already) will be seamless.

I will miss the Forums, I will miss you guys. This place has been such a large and incredibly satisfying part of my life. I've been doing something I love - thanks to everyone who's been part of it. It's been a blast".
Warren has touched the lives of thousands and thousands of Royals fans in his position as The Royal Forums administrator. His contributions to the TRF community have been enormous and are deeply appreciated. The forum has truly blossomed and it is a visible testament to the dedication and care he lavished on TRF over the years. We will miss his wry sense of humour, steady stewardship and level headed perspective - most of all we will miss Warren himself.

Warren (1).jpg

It is a sad loss indeed. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

When Warren joined the TRF mod. team on August 20th 2005 he expressed the hope that he could make a positive contribution to the forums. He quickly did. A year later he became an administrator and he turned out to be the key figure for the TRF team in the years that followed. To most of the mod. team he served as a mentor, also to me.

I got to know Warren when I joined the mod. team in 2006. We especially got to know each other better when in 2009 we were faced with the departure of a large part of the TRF team. We 'worked' closely together ever since.

Due to his sound judgement and dedication he quickly became a natural leader of the TRF team. Warren never liked to assert authority if it could be evaded, seeing it as a sign of weakness rather than strength. He was always ready to pick up the pieces and did so without making a fuss. Always in a friendly, welcoming manner and with a healthy sense of humor and relativation. Always the first to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and give people the benifit of the doubt or a second chance. Always ready to patiently answer any of our questions, encourage us when we were hesitating, give advice when asked, take initiative when needed, staying calm when others did not and the voice of reason when things spiralled out of control. He truely led by example and thus was an inspiration to us all.

Warren has been a rock for TRF and the moderating team for 10 years. His hope to make a positive contribution to this forum has certainly materialized. Over these years we have exchanged so many posts, so many personal messages, so many friendly words, so much sound advice, so much laughter. Although I have never met Warren I feel like I lost a collegue and a friend.

I will miss him.

Last edited:
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Warren was always swift to help, very friendly and kind and a lovely contributor around here. He'll be very missed.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

After the recent tragic passing of Beau Biden, I have been thinking a lot about cancer and how all living creatures are really at the mercy of this cruel and predatory disease. I am sorry to know that Warren was ill and suffering. I had no idea.

I feel great sadness for his friends and family.

Last edited:
Sad to hear about this. May he rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Warren will be missed.

Oh, how sad news!

Rest in Peace Warren...We will never forget you.

My heart is so heavy hearing of his passing. I had the pleasure of seeing the non-mod side of Warren for a number of years while on the Mod Squad team :lol: with him, He had the biggest heart & I think most people got to see this side of him. His sense of humor was so dry & I LOVED IT & he kept me laughing. I am truly broken up by this.
Cancer sucks & is a horrible disease. All I can hope is his passing was as peaceful & as painless as possible under the circumstances.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear of Warrens passing. He'll be missed here. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

I am very sad to hear this news. I had noticed Warren had been much less conspicuous than when I had joined a few years ago. His knowledge of jewelry was wonderful and the way he interacted with everyone was an example for all. We will all miss him.

How sad, Warren was one of the first staff member st TRF to talk to me. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of royals' and especially their jewel histories. His fairness will be missed. R.I.P.

Speechless

I am so sorry to hear of Warren's passing. I have very fond memories of his insight and levelheadedness back when I was an administrator.

My condolences to all whose lives he touched.

Eternal rest grand unto him. My sympathies to his friends and family.

LaRae

So sad to hear this. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I had also noticed Warren not being around as much the last little while, but never knew he was battling Cancer. As many here know, Cancer has hit my Family hard the last year and to quote and agree w/someone upthread ~ Cancer sucks!! It needs to be wiped off the face of this Earth, as it is taking too many good people away from us.

Warren is going to be so very missed around here, but especially in the Jewelry forum. I was in awe over the knowledge he had about Royal Jewels and Royal Jewel History. He really will be missed over there especially.

My thoughts and prayers to his Family and Friends and I hope Graham was among the very first to greet Warren up there in Heaven.

GodSpeed Warren. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

very sorry to hear the news of Warren's passing; may he RIP.

I'm so sorry to hear of Warren's passing. He was always a voice of reason when things got a bit "hot" in the forums, and when I was a 14-year-old girl with far too many questions about the running of things when I joined in early 2007, he was always available to answer my questions or problems. I will miss him greatly, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

It's not great to read this news (T_T)
Death comes like a thief in the night, when we least expect it, and we've been robbed! Such a jewel he is...
Include me to the ones who pray for his grieving family and the devastated us here.
Very sad that we lost him, but he is now in God's hands, and there he will not suffer anymore. Being afflicted in this temporary world is too harsh, and God saw his suffering , so although it would pain everyone who loves him, He feched him back home where there are no fears, tears and suffering.

It's late to say this but... We love you Warren <3

:' (((

Last edited:
I am saddened by this news. Warren was always a calm and intelligent voice of reason here over all the years I have been a member. I had no idea he was ill. It's a shame that so often we don't get a chance to tell people how much we value having them in our lives, even in the sort of essentially anonymous relationship we, here, share over the internet, while they are alive. Now it's too late. I will miss him.

My thoughts are with his family. He once told me he had a brother who lived not far from where I live. I know what it is like to lose a brother.

I'm so very sad to hear this news. :( Just a couple of days ago, I was reading some old threads and particularly appreciating reading Warren's comments in them (as has been pointed out by others, Warren was both incredibly knowledgeable, and also a voice of reason), and I realized that I hadn't seen him posting here lately. I had no idea he was ill and, as Roslyn has pointed out so well, it's a shame we don't get the opportunity to tell people how much we appreciate them. I know there must be so many of us here on the forums who will miss his presence. And my thoughts and prayers are very much with Warren's friends and family.

I've heard it said that when a man dies, he holds in his hands only that which he has given away. Our Warren certainly gave away a lot of himself to each and every one of us with patience, kindness, humor and reason. He freely gave away his extensive knowledge to us and these gifts he gave us, we can hold dear and carry with us as we remember him.

Warren, you will be sorely missed.

I've heard it said that when a man dies, he holds in his hands only that which he has given away. Our Warren certainly gave away a lot of himself to each and every one of us with patience, kindness, humor and reason. He freely gave away his extensive knowledge to us and these gifts he gave us, we can hold dear and carry with us as we remember him.

Warren, you will be sorely missed.

What a beautiful saying.

I did not know Warren but he sounds lovely.

:thistle: R.I.P. Warren. :thistle:

Last edited:
How very sad my sympathies to his family, RIP

Oh my goodness.

I am SO sorry.

RIP, Warren.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Godspeed.

RIP Warren. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

I am shocked to read this. RIP Warren, you'll be missed a great deal. Always a voice of reason shaping TRF the good way they are today.
A very sad day for us.

What a terrible loss. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rest In Peace Warren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom