Slow TRF access for AOL users

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been having trouble today and yesterday with TRF being slow. Internet Explorer hasn't worked on my computer in two years (some strange reason), and I've fallen in love with AOL. I have absolutely no trouble in any other sights, but TRF is very slow. It usually loads instantly, but now it takes 1 to 2 minutes to load. Is any other AOL users having this problem?

I don't use AOL to view the site, but I've noticed that my page does time out from time to time (I'm using Firefox). I thought it might be my internet connection, but it isn't happening on other pages.

I've been having problems with some pages hanging rather than loading immediately and with the inline editing function sometimes sitting and spinning its wheels instead of working immediately, but I'm using IE. I haven't checked it in AOL.

Is anyone else having problems?

Yes, I'm having the same sporadic problems with page refresh and editing. I use IE.

Oh, Thank goodness everyone else is having problems, (sorry). I am using IE and the page is taking ages to load anything on TRF's. :flowers:

How is the site running for you all today? For me it's quick. Please post details so I can have more info to process. Is the site fast or slow for you right now?

It's extemely slow for me- today's been the worst day.

It's faster today, for me, (IE). With some threads taking a little longer. I hope someone else can let you know as I have a new firewall and it is insisting on checking for phishing on every site.
Thank You. :angel::flowers:

Last edited:
It appears to be faster for me right now (knock on wood)

The normal loading time is a bit faster for me on both IE and AOL than it was a day or two ago; the main difference is that so far there are fewer pages which are hanging and timing out. It's still happening occasionally but not nearly as often.

Mine is still taking an excruciatingly wrong time. I can try IE, but it doesn't work well on my computer.

It's faster today, for me, (IE). With some threads taking a little longer. I hope someone else can let you know as I have a new firewall and it is insisting on checking for phishing on every site.
Thank You. :angel::flowers:

it's very good to me right now.
if you have a firewall then things will be even slower :(

Is anyone else having problems? I was sending a PM & its still loading/hanging. Then I was able send it but when I went to make sure it was sent the page timed out.

It also says I have 1 PM unread but I've read them all.

I'm having the occasional timeout but I don't think it's quite as bad as a few days ago. You're using Firefox, aren't you?

Yes. When I pulled up TRF on IE it loaded the page almost right away.

ETA: On IE it says I have 1 unread PM & when I logged into TRF on IE....its just hanging. I have the top part (the banner)

Another ETA: Duh silly me....I did have one unread PM. I thought I got them all. :lol: :whistling: :blush:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the thread to put this is, but I use AOL, and it's pretty fast, but tonight I've been having problems with it "finding" TRF. Like, if I click to go on a new thread, it takes a couple of minutes to load up, and then says "Sorry, AOL explorerer can't find this page, etc. etc.". Is anybody else having this difficulty?

Not I, acdc1.

You might want to restart your computer and then scan it for bugs.

It seems to be working OK for me too. I'm not seeing much difference in speed between IE and AOL this evening.

It's stopped now. Maybe it was just a weird isolated incident. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom