Site Update - New Look for TRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The old look was more clearly laid out. I also miss the pic of royal next to the header.

The adds in the top. How do I get rid of them?

I have read the posts since I last posted. I still think the website design is contemporary and not stale. To me the old website design was that. I did not mention the pop up ads are gone and ads in the posts too. Thank you! I really hated that.

I feel the website is easier to navigate. You need to be signed in to post, so what is the trouble? Also to the right is a column of recent posts that shows what is trending at the current time on TRF. I love that.

The white background can be toned down with light blue. Light blue would blend with the other colors and from my experience in web design, easy on the eyes. The lion logo could be deleted and The Royal Forums type enlarged across the top banner. I do disagree with the the complain of using royals in the banner. In my graphic opinion they looked crowded together and messy. I thought you could every few weeks put a a royal family's photos up on the banner for something going on in their lives.

I now think the blue color is the best choice. Everyone likes blue. The gold does look like gold to me. Another poster mentioned it look like mustard. I disagree, but I would like to know what brand of mustard is that shade. I would like to start eating with it.:flowers:

Last edited:
i am starting to get use to the changes, however, i dont read this site near as much as i use to the colors at night bother my eyes.

this may just be me, but since the change i dont get the instant updates in email anymore.ni actually dont get updated at all.

I prefer the blue background better than the white, and I also quite liked the photos of the royals in the banner, although I would limit how many. Otherwise, it's a change and everyone will get use to it eventually.

The white background can be toned down with light blue. Light blue would blend with the other colors and from my experience in web design, easy on the eyes.
Yes this might be a good idea to help those who are finding it quite harsh on the eyes - just a subtle change could make quite a difference.

It doesn't seem too easy to find all of the recent posts and I, for one, loved the "new posts" button which now seems only available when logged in to the forum... And I don't want to criticize too much, but too much white background doesn't make it very easy for my eyes, either.

I dont want to be negative about changing things, but have to agree with exactly these two issues plus, like Lumutqueen, I am missing the banner.

The Reply box still has the old blue color from before the update. Maybe that could be extended to the rest of the site if the white is too harsh. The Reply box looks out of place at the moment and that would help integrate it.

I do miss the banner, it'd be nice to have some graphics.

The burgundy doesn't seem any darker than the blue, it just had a more spidery font so the words were getting lost. But lots of royal sites have reds and burgundies so the blue is more unique.

this may just be me, but since the change i dont get the instant updates in email anymore.ni actually dont get updated at all.

We had a little mail interruption late yesterday - this should be resolved now :flowers:

The site update is not clicking with me. It seems very stark and impersonal, JMHO.

I actually like the new updates. I think the blue and gold look really nice, but I do miss the royals at the top of the banner.

As others have said, maybe another color for the background (light blue) will help those having trouble with the white one.

Last edited:
I preferred the old layout to be honest. Just a visual preference. Since I use my iPod half the time, it doesn't really matter.

Soviel ich weiss sind ein paar Moderatoren deutschsprachig, denn in dem Fall fällt es mir leichter in Deutsch zu schreiben:
Ich bin jetzt seit acht Jahren hier Mitglied. Ehrlich gesagt war ich an das alte Layout gewöhnt und es fällt mir sehr schwer, das Neue zu akzeptieren. Warum ist auf den Replyseiten so viel Werbung? O.k., das hat mich schon die ganze Zeit gestört. Überall so Werbung, (s.o.: shirtinator, Erwin Müller, Daily Deal... z.B.), das irritiert mich immer.
Aber natürlich werde ich weiter ein treues (süchtiges!) Mitglied bleiben.
Euch allen einmal danke für die tolle Arbeit:flowers:

Eure Stefanie

It's not growing on me! I think it looks pretentious to the point of being tacky, and it's not easy on the eyes.

While I'm not thrilled with the new look partly because its hard on the eyes you could improve the color coding for links. I was making one and couldn't see the difference in the sentence between the black and the dark blue. It needs to stand out more JMO.

I like it.....has a nice clean look to it

well, I'm undecided right now on the change. on the home page listed under "royal News" everything is scrunched to the right side of my screen and listed 1 word per line row going straight down the page. Any pictures are very tiny. Don't know if this is a computer glich or a site glich. But I hate it. :bang:
And as I am computer illerate, i have no idea on how to fix it. Grrr....

My husband leaned over yesterday as I entered the forum and said, "My, what a great looking forum!" I don't think he's ever said that about a forum before!

Kudos.

One problem what's with the Google ads under my posts is it something I'm doing wrong and can you make the smilies avaiable in a drop down box or link?

Thanks!

While I'm not thrilled with the new look partly because its hard on the eyes you could improve the color coding for links. I was making one and couldn't see the difference in the sentence between the black and the dark blue. It needs to stand out more JMO.

The stark white background is accentuated because all the sub-forums on listed on individual lines, plus (it appears) in smaller text. The sharp contrasting colors also makes the white appear brighter. Thank you for being able to eliminate the right hand sidebar.

I don´t think a change was needed. I am not thrilled either. I find it hard to get to the new posts.

When I hover over the things reigning house or non-reigning and it comes up with the royal houses, they disappear behind the annoying adverts that are on show and when I go to click on them, I end up clicking the advert instead.
I originally liked the new layout, i'm beginning to dislike it.

Back
Top Bottom