Site Update - New Look for TRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loving the new regal look of the boards...What a pleasant surprise when signing in for my daily dose of royal gossip... <3 <3 <3

Looks nice - love the blue and gold :)

Last edited:
It really is fantastic! Well done to all those clever people involved! I love the colours, layout and everything! It is THE royal forum to visit!

XXX

Not as demure as the previous outlay which I quite liked. Not at all liking the blue and gold sorry to say. A rather classless contrast, imo. I doubt it will grow on me but it's hardly an issue ;)

Still I applaud change so good on the owners, admin or mods for undertaking the task.

Last edited:
There are good and bad with the changes - colour is great.

But with only half the screen being used for the actual forums a lot of wasted space.

Overall - 5/10

I think that it's definitely much easier on the eyes, and quite attractive, but then I'm prejudiced.

Blue and gold have heraldic significance in this country as the colours of the wreath in the Commonwealth Coat of Arms which was granted by royal warrant in 1912, and in 1975, blue and gold were selected as the colours of the ribbon of the Order of Australia.

Congratulations to all who worked to accomplish this welcome update.

It certainly gets ones attention. Keep up the good work.

I like it though I'll admit I was a little lost for awhile.

It will take a bit of getting used to for me, but then I am one who does not take well to change. I'll get used to it though. I like the blue and gold and think the appearance is generally very classy. I think it's a shame we've lost some screen size with the addition of the side panel, and I find the stark white background glary. We also seem to have lost the member location details which I always found useful.

It will take a bit of getting used to for me, but then I am one who does not take well to change. I'll get used to it though. I like the blue and gold and think the appearance is generally very classy. I think it's a shame we've lost some screen size with the addition of the side panel, and I find the stark white background glary. We also seem to have lost the member location details which I always found useful.

Thanks for pointing out the member location - we'll see about getting it returned.

I also wanted to let you know that you can disable the right column if you like but will miss some good content and the 'recent discussions' feed. I encourage you to give it a day or two .. you may find that you like it after the initial shock wears off. Still, the option is available....

To disable the right column:

1. Click on user CP on the upper nav bar
2. The select edit options from the left hand menu
3. Scroll all the way down to find Miscellaneous Options and select Turn Off Right Column.
4. Be sure to click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

:)

Wow!

Quite Regal!

Bravo!!!

Might I add, quite efficient as well. I really like what you have done.

Last edited:
LOVE the new look! Did we lose some tabs at the top? Blog and articles and wasn't there some others? Will the blog get a makeover too?

I love it! It's so elegant. But I do agree with Roslyn about the member locations - it was sometimes nice to know where a poster was from in certain discussions.

LOVE the new look! Did we lose some tabs at the top? Blog and articles and wasn't there some others? Will the blog get a makeover too?

The "Home" tab gets you to the blogs. The link to Articles will be returned shortly but for now you can also find your way to the articles via the blogs/home page.
:flowers:

I love it! It's so elegant. But I do agree with Roslyn about the member locations - it was sometimes nice to know where a poster was from in certain discussions.

Member Locations should be there now :cool:

Yay! Thanks for that. Now I know where everyone is again. I felt strangely displaced not having that information. :D

Very nice update! Will you be getting a Favicon (aka a Web site Icon/URL Icon) that can be displayed in the address bar too?

Loving the new colours.

Not too sure about the right column. Will give it a couple of days to get used to it. Maybe it would be better if the right hand column was not quite as wide so we did not lose so much space for the discussions??

I really must say that I like the new layout. It looks classy and professional.
Great job!:flowers:

Love it! Good work guys. Only thing, it wld be super if you cld put each royal familys coat of arms before their section instead of the trf ones. But I love the TRF coat of arms in the upper right corner.

Love the changes, feels easier to navigate and easier to read as well.

I think WOW is the word. are we not having a banner anymore? I love the emblem, this is going to take sometime to get used to.

Last edited:
Love it,it all looks very good .

A big well done :flowers:

It´s really nice, this update :)

But... The advertisements at the top? How do I get rid of them?

I've been wondering about the advertisements, we didn't have them before. Is it a permanent thing now?

Back
Top Bottom