Site Maintenance, Software Upgrades, Downtime, Glitches etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last page of the thread Royals and Horses was acting really bizarre. It wouldn't let me go back to Royal Life and Lifestyle, or the index. Just kept closing the tab on me. Had to open a new tab.

Today there was a database error, and then it froze on the page that says Thank you for logging in Roseroyal. Had to open a new tab.

Tried to post a profile comment, and suddenly the profile comment was gone- invalid link message- tried again was successful.

Now the tab closed on me for no reason at all.

Now varnish guru meditations- down for a few seconds- while I reloaded the page.

I couldn't get out of Cute Royal Children- the tab kept closing on me. Had to open a new one.

Hitting back space to the page I was on and then clicking where I want to go for a few times usually ends up working for me but I've not had the problem of the tab closing on me.... yet.

I do get the page that I am on somehow losing half the text and there's no solution to fix that other than closing out the tab entirely and opening a new one.

Little things that go bump in the night but eventually I get the best of them and they start behavin' proper.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question so please feel free to move if so.

My family computer has now been changed to an Apple Mac but as I type this I'm still our old one (a Dell) because the Apple Mac just arrived today. Is there anything important that I need to know about using TRF on an Apple Mac before I make my first post here from there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question so please feel free to move if so.

My family computer has now been changed to an Apple Mac but as I type this I'm still our old one (a Dell) because the Apple Mac just arrived today. Is there anything important that I need to know about using TRF on an Apple Mac before I make my first post here from there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I m, not an admin, but I have a Mac now and had a PC in the past and I didn't encounter any issues when I switched to posting with our Mac. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I post from a Windows based PC at work and a Mac at home. There is no difference between the two.

As the others above have said, there is no difference in using a PC or a Mac when viewing/using TRF (you might just have a larger screen depending on which iMac you have purchased! :D )

Thank you all for the responses. I just asked out of sheer curiosity as I have never used the forums on an Apple Mac before. I'm posting from the Mac now and I'm not spotting any differences!

Anyone else having problems getting on to this site? The forums seems to be crashing and directs to an advertisement.

No problems at all. - I'm using Firefox.

There is currently a problem in the response function.

Using both Firefox and Chrome I can open and read posts, but I cannot thank anyone.
The same thing applies to the PM's I have received. I can open them, but no text is loading.
Responding to or sending a PM is the same as using the Thank You button, so the glitch must be in that general area.

I can’t attach a picture but I’ve just posted in the Caribbean thread in the POW sub section. I have gone to edit the post to add something and i can’t submit the edited post. I get the error message
“The title you have entered is too long (93 characters) Please shorten it to 85 characters”.

I assume this is because when you post from a phone it automatically puts the title into the post. But i cannot edit that automatic entry?

Back
Top Bottom