Site Maintenance, Software Upgrades, Downtime, Glitches etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea what you mean!

Browser = Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, etc..

Version you can find in Options, About XX (name of browser).

That's what I thought- Safari on my IPad, but not the app or mobile version. Just the regular old online version.

Can you try cycling your ipad off and then on again?

I will in a while, and let you know.

Do you mean shut it all the way off, or let it turn off, and turn it again later?
I really would rather not let it turn all the way off, if I don't have to.

Do you mean shut it all the way off, or let it turn off, and turn it again later?
I really would rather not let it turn all the way off, if I don't have to.
Yes, shut it off entirely and as you restart loading any updates that may be pending or needed. Since we are unable to duplicate the issue you are having, rebooting your device is the first step in trouble shooting. There is no guarantee this will fix your issues, but it will eliminate one possible cause.

Site offline for a few minutes later today

I wanted to let you know that the site will be offline this evening at about 10 PM Eastern Time (USA) for a few minutes while we make some small adjustments. We expect the interruption to be fairly brief (under 30 minutes)

For those of you in other time zones - 10 Pm Eastern time is about 2.5 hours from the time this post is made. Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

Forum Downtime this Wednesday, Aug 6

I wanted to let you know that the site will be offline this coming Wednesday evening as we move to a new server. We anticipate this move will take about 2 hours and during this move, the site will be unavailable.

This is scheduled to begin about 9 PM Eastern Time (USA) and when we return you should see somewhat faster page loads. Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

Thank you all for your hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I hope it all works out very well for you and we get our usual dose of royal news the same way we are used to. This is after all the best forum on the net for royals.

:flowers::flowers::flowers:Thank you for letting us know and for all that you do in looking after us - it is very much appreciated because so much hard work goes into maintaining this amazing forum and keeping it running.

:previous:
The Cruisers and Sailing Forums is a sister-site to TRF, held on the same servers as us.
Just as Royal Blog subscribers are getting Cruisers and Sailing content, subscribers to the Cruisers and Sailing Blog will be receiving regular royal updates. :D

The email corruption has been referred to the technical staff and if it is not resolved today we'll have to temporarily suspend the Royal Blog emails.

ETA... This issue should now be resolved. :)

Last edited:
When sending a PM just now I got a 503 guru message. What is that? Site works now obviously. JSYK...

:previous: it happens to me a lot of times! Or a data base error as well

That is also regularly my problem and I find it very irritating.

The "503 Service Unavailable" error and similar related problems seem to be becoming more prevalent and I've raised the issue with the technical staff several times over the past few months. I believe it has to do with the server timing out too quickly and/or not having the capacity to respond to the initial action (apart from producing the error message).

To add a complication, the TRF server runs a small housekeeping or maintenance program daily at 6am EDT [US]. That's 10am GMT [UK] and 9pm in Australia [East Coast]. On Fridays the housekeeping program is more extensive and takes longer. During the housekeeping period the server capacity and its ability to respond immediately is reduced. Thus Error 503s around this time can be expected if traffic is busy, but Error 503s experienced on a regular basis outside the housekeeping period would indicate a problem. For me it's the latter and it becomes very frustrating very quickly.

Thanks to those members who have advised they have been experiencing Service Unavailable and similar disruptions, but please discount those that occur during the daily scheduled maintenance period.

v the 503 error message

Attachments

• Error 503 Page won't load.jpg
    Error 503 Page won't load.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 406
The "503 Service Unavailable" error and similar related problems seem to be becoming more prevalent and I've raised the issue with the technical staff several times over the past few months. I believe it has to do with the server timing out too quickly and/or not having the capacity to respond to the initial action (apart from producing the error message).

To add a complication, the TRF server runs a small housekeeping or maintenance program daily at 6am EDT [US]. That's 10am GMT [UK] and 9pm in Australia [East Coast]. On Fridays the housekeeping program is more extensive and takes longer. During the housekeeping period the server capacity and its ability to respond immediately is reduced. Thus Error 503s around this time can be expected if traffic is busy, but Error 503s experienced on a regular basis outside the housekeeping period would indicate a problem. For me it's the latter and it becomes very frustrating very quickly.

Thanks to those members who have advised they have been experiencing Service Unavailable and similar disruptions, but please discount those that occur during the daily scheduled maintenance period.

v the 503 error message
Happened to me just now... Thanks for the hard work, and explanation.

I wanted to let you know that we had a server glitch today that caused some folks to receive an wrong password notice when they tried to login.
It should be resolved now. It was entirely a goof on our part and you should be able to login now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you are using the mobile app and can't log in you may need to empty your cache or re-install the app. If you need to reset your password (even though you saw that message in error) and need help, please hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk (response may take a few hours). Sorry about the snafu... :flowers:

Good to know! Thanks. I experienced it but figured it was a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom