Problems staying logged in

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polly

Courtier
City
Mebourne
Country
Australia
falling off line

Dennis, is this something new? Once you ask it to remember you, it shouldn't matter what you're doing, you should stay logged in until you manually log out.

Just to say that this problem which you discussed last year has, for the past couple of weeks, been a most annoying problem for me. For no discernible reason, I suddenly need to log in, time and time again, even after ticking 'remember me'. I often just give up and go away as I'm frequently pressed for time, though I've had a few spares hours over the last two days. The problem was persisting yesterday and today, however.

What browser are you using? Can you try with another one and see if it still happens?

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and haven't had any problems with it over the years. I guess that I could try again with the most common browser and risk a death-threat from the family (lack of security, they insist). The firewall, anti-virii, anti-trojan, anti-malware, anti everything else us all up to date and TRF is the only thing which is behaving in a recalcitrant manner. Actually, it's only a major irritation when I'm pressed for time, but still, it shouldn't happen.

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose you've done all the obvious things like clearing your browser cache? I'll let Andy know this is still happening, but I'm not sure we ever figured out last year why it was happening to people who were clicking the "Remember Me" button.

I've had the same problem. I have to log in everytime I open a browser....but my issue is happening with other forums/sites as well. So I think my problem is my computer.

It happens now and then still. It must be the browser. I use Opera.

Just to say that this problem which you discussed last year has, for the past couple of weeks, been a most annoying problem for me. For no discernible reason, I suddenly need to log in, time and time again, even after ticking 'remember me'. I often just give up and go away as I'm frequently pressed for time, though I've had a few spares hours over the last two days. The problem was persisting yesterday and today, however.

I have the same issue. :neutral:

I've had the same problem. I have to log in everytime I open a browser....but my issue is happening with other forums/sites as well. So I think my problem is my computer.
Hi all. Well I just joined in November and the site keeps logging me out as well. I use Firefox. It is annoying considering I cant get through a forum or site for very long without having to log back in. Did anyone figure out what it is yet?Its driving me nuts!:bang:

If you're hitting Remember Me when you log in and you're still getting logged out, you might want to try clearing your cookies. I don't know if it'll work, but someone on another board was having the same problem and the admins there suggested clearing cookies, and apparently it worked in that case.

Last edited:
If you're hitting Remember Me when you log in and you're still getting logged out, you might want to try clearing your cookies. I don't know if it'll work, but someone on another board was having the same problem and the admins there suggested clearing cookies, and apparently it worked.
Thanks for the response. Im still somewhat ignorant when it comes to the computer. How do I do that? Sorry.:ohmy:

At the top left of the page you should see the following:

File .. Edit .. History .. Bookmarks .. Tools .. Help

Click on Tools, then in the drop-down menu click Clear Private Data, click on Cookies to tick the box, and then click the Clear Private Data Now button. Doesn't hurt to also clear your cache at the same time.

Be warned that clearing cookies will automatically log you out of websites that you're logged into, because cookies are how websites remember that you're signed in. However, it'll also get rid of a bunch of stuff from advertisers, so it's worth doing once in a while.

falling off line

I keep falling off line.

That is, on a repeated basis, I have to log in again, and again. It is an irritant, not conducive to enhancing the enjoyment.

I am wondering if it has to do with a software compatibility issue. For your information, I am using Mozilla Firefox.

Try to check 'remember me' box, when logging in.
But make sure to log out, if you are using public computer. If it's a private one, and you click 'remember me', you will automatically be logged on every time you visit the Board.

Thanks. I will try that.

Second irritant: how do I get rid of that pop-up advert window (permanently)?

The pop-up must be targeted at certain territories as I'm not getting it.

Neither do I, even though I have allowed Popups for this Board.

At the top left of the page you should see the following:

File .. Edit .. History .. Bookmarks .. Tools .. Help

Click on Tools, then in the drop-down menu click Clear Private Data, click on Cookies to tick the box, and then click the Clear Private Data Now button. Doesn't hurt to also clear your cache at the same time.

Be warned that clearing cookies will automatically log you out of websites that you're logged into, because cookies are how websites remember that you're signed in. However, it'll also get rid of a bunch of stuff from advertisers, so it's worth doing once in a while.
Thank you Elspeth. I will try it now.:flowers:

Glistening seas

:flowers: you can x the box that says remember me and see if that helps :eek::D

Thanks. I will try that.

Second irritant: how do I get rid of that pop-up advert window (permanently)?

Do you mean an actual popup, or are you talking about these new banner ads which expand to cover half the page if you mouse over them or otherwise get their attention? Far as I know, you shouldn't be getting popups when you're signed in.

Forum making me inactive

This has been happening a lot lately. My computer "remembers" who I am, and tracks my latest activity. I'll come on to the forums, take a minute to read a thread, then click "New Posts" like I always do. However, it will only have one or two new posts, or I'll even get an annoying "There are no new posts" box. I look over to the welcome box in the upper right corner to see that I have been made "inactive", or something along those lines. It is extremely annoying, because I like seeing the posts that I missed. Is this happening to anyone else, or perhaps its my computer?

P.S.- I use AOL Explorer.

This relates to the last part: are you ticking the 'remember me' box? AOL uses a shifting IP system so as you click on things you are being moved to different IPs within AOL behind the scenes. Without 'remember me' ticked the Forums server doesn't know who you are when AOL shifts you to a different IP.

Hello. This problem started this morning.

I logged in fine and clicked on 'user CP' to view my subscribed threads. When I click on one, it logs me out immediately. I log back in again and when I select a page of the thread, the same thing happens. I haven't tried posting as I would probably have to sign in every time. Oddly enough, I seem to be able to start this thread (after logging in at this forum section). What is happening, please?

(hopefully this posts)

We are having some server issues today and I apologize for the interruption. Hopefully it will be running smoothly very quickly.

Thank you. It appears to be fixed.

:badpc:.

In the last few hours quite a few members have been experiencing dropouts immediately after logging in.

To avoid dropouts
, please check that the 'remember me' box is ticked when logging in.

Doing so ensures that the computer always remains in communication with the Forums' server whenever a page is refreshed
(eg, whenever you hit the 'enter' key or click on a button).

o o o

I have had this problem today , even though I have clicked the "remember me" box. It took me three attempts to log on successfully. Hope this is just a temporary blip !

I have had problems like that since yesterday- although now as long as I cick the Remember Me box when logging in I am all right-
And certain sections like the British Royals index are taking forever to load, when trying to go from one subforum or thread to another...
I am all right now.... just letting the admin know..

I have been having this problem for one month, I even couldn't read my private message because I had to register again each time I changed of page.
I have just cleaned my coockies, and when I registered again I ticked "remember me" box. It seems that it works! Thank you a lot for all the informations given on this thread! :flowers::flowers:

Back
Top Bottom