Private Messaging and Other Options

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Imperial Majesty
Site Team
City
Dallas
Country
United States
Can some of you check your options in your "profile" and "options" page and let me know if they transfered over properly. My PMs were turned off and they were on before the conversion.

i can´t find any okay buttom to change the options...

OK, i have to confess that i still don't understend many thinks in this new LTR, but i am lerning. When i finally made my login, i make clik in the "user CP" botton. My profile is all wrong. I made "edit" and put all corret. I go there again for chek and is evrithing correct.

I just can not chose a avarte. In the bord is a message that say:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

All my pics are 20 KB so they are smaller than 100.0 Kb, correct? Or not.................

YEs, my PMs were turned off too; I think I've reset them OK, though.

Wow, and my avatar's back too!

It looks as though a lot of things were reset to default mode; I had to reset the clock from GMT to my time zone, enable my avatar, and tell the system to stop subscribing to threads, as well as turning on PMs.

I didn't find out how to change "member" (which shows up under my ID) to something personal. I think that was an option before the change. If that's still available, could someone tell me where it is?

How do I know when a message has been received ? Usually, "messages sent" means the ones I have sent, but here it seems to mean the ones that have been sent to me. I responded to a message this morning, twice, and it disappeared from other me as I was putting in accents (it was in French). I haven't gotten a response, and I don't dare send a third one if my correspondent has already received two !

When you click on the Private Messages link at the top right of any page, it takes you to your inbox. Underneath the horizontal coloured bar showing what percentage of your total PMs you've saved, there's a drop-down box saying "Inbox (xx messages)" with a down arrow. Hit the down arrow and click "Go," and it'll take you to your outbox. If your message was successfully sent, it should show up in your outbox. If it got lost at some point, it won't be there.

Thank you, Elspeth, it worked. I guess I had done this before, but had hit on a message I hadn't answered, so naturally there was nothing sent !

This has nothing to do with the subject, but I noticed that Andy is in Dallas. Is that true ? Are there other members in Dallas ? I'd love to meet them !
Another question that is off topic : is there a connection between Royal Blues or Blue Royals and Royal Forums ?

Well, you can go over to Members' Corner and start a thread to ask if anyone is in Dallas or the surrounding area. Just so long as people aren't asking for really personal information like address or phone number in a thread where other people can access it, it should be fine.

No, there's no connection between Royal Blue and the Royal Forums; the owners are different. Andy owns the Fashion Spot, but this is the only royal-related forum he owns. You can see the list of forums owned by Andy if you look at the bottom of any of the pages of this forum. We do have some members in common with Royal Blue, but that's about it.

Thank you again, Elsepth, your information was very interesting.

Suddenly I am not getting email notifications of posts or pm's. I have checked in User CP, but it is set correctly. I have also checked my email address is correct. They haven't gone into my spam folder, I checked that too.
Any ideas anyone. :flowers:

Last edited:
Suddenly I am not getting email notifications of posts or pm's. I have checked in User CP, but it is set to correctly. I have also checked my email address is correct. They haven't gone into my spam folder, I checked that too.
Any ideas anyone. :flowers:

I have exect the same problem for the last two days. Maybe someone can tell us the reason!? Thank you!:flowers:

Andy's been doing some stuff behind the scenes which apparently caused this problem. He said he'd fixed it yesterday evening and that e-mails should start working again within 24 hours. I'll let him know if it isn't happening by then. In the meantime, stay tuned. Sorry about this - it has to do with the server migration, and I gather that it can be a complicated procedure.

The e-mail notifications should be working now. Please post here if you're still having problems.

It is all working now, Thank you Andy and Elspeth! :flowers:

Just to know, is there a limited number of subscriptions to thread allowed ? I was wondering about that.

Not that I know of. Are you having problems at all?

Help

Once again I am not receiving any email notifications of new post's in threads or PM's. :flowers:

I have checked in all of my folders and made sure it is not my firewall or Virus programs.

A couple of days ago, a member tried to contact me by PM and just couldn't. She must write me to my particular adress account.

Vanesa.

Do you know if she is still unable to send a PM to you or was it a temporary thing? Was she able to send a PM to other people or was just sending it to you that was the problem?

Once again I am not receiving any email notifications of new post's in threads or PM's. :flowers:

I have checked in all of my folders and made sure it is not my firewall or Virus programs.

Is this still happening? A few days ago all the e-mail notifications of my TRF PMs were going to spam, and that went on for three or four days, but as of a couple of days ago it seems to be working again.

Vanesa, I've just sent you a PM. Please could you let me know if you've received it?

Is this still happening? A few days ago all the e-mail notifications of my TRF PMs were going to spam, and that went on for three or four days, but as of a couple of days ago it seems to be working again.
I am still not receiving notification of new posts or PM's. I have checked my settings on here and checked my spam folders and nothing has come through. :cry:

I've had a look at your settings, and you certainly should be getting e-mail notifications. You're not on AOL, are you?

If you've got another e-mail address via a different ISP, you could try switching e-mail addresses (just PM me the new one and I'll change it for you so you don't have to risk not receiving a confirmation e-mail when you change it yourself) and seeing if the new address is any better. If it is, you'll know the problem is your current ISP.

No I'm not on AOL, I use the latest IE. It's the only one I can use side by side with the server used by Mr S. I am unable to use his for 'pastimes, interests and ????'! :bang:

I think it is a luxury I will have to live without, but thank you for your help. :flowers:

I am making sure I am in contact with my (real) wooden desk, when I report that everything seems to be working again now. Thank you for all your help! :rose2:

Good news! Thanks for the update, and congratulations for chasing the gremlins away.

I don't know where to post this question . . . :ermm:

I would like to know if I add somebody to my buddy list, will the other person notice that I added him or her?

Back
Top Bottom