PM Folders and limits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layla1971

Royal Highness
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Ok, here's the thing, some members don't seem to realize that if they send/receive messages those messages accumulate! If you don't empty the folders you CAN'T receive any new messages!

To the person in question, I'm not ignoring you, this one's your's!:) :p :rolleyes: :D
Although, I'm sure you would have figured this out eventually!:rolleyes:

LOL. Layla, I did realise in the end dear. What a mistake to make. That pesky 100 limit. Drives me mad sometimes! ;)

BeatrixFan said:
LOL. Layla, I did realise in the end dear. What a mistake to make. That pesky 100 limit. Drives me mad sometimes! ;)
Surely they're not so important they all have to be kept for posterity? Or is it just a lack of housekeeping skills?
Just imagine how many you would have if there wasn't a 100 PM limit for members! :eek:

:) :)

Lack of Housekeeping! But I like to read over a few. If there wasn't a 100 limit, I'd have thousands - it's the same with emails!

Warren said:
Surely they're not so important they all have to be kept for posterity? Or is it just a lack of housekeeping skills?
Just imagine how many you would have if there wasn't a 100 PM limit for members! :eek:

:) :)

haha Warren! :D :p :D :p

Over the limit?

A reminder that the Private Message folder holds 100 messages.
Once this limit is reached no PMs can be received.

If anyone feels they seem to have become less popular it may be time for a PM cleanout. :)

Do I gather you've just had a sent PM bounce, Warren?;)

Just a note that members can also save their PMs. At the bottom of your inbox page, you can elect to save some or all (just click on the ones you want to save) via HTML format that will be saved to your computer.

Increase the number in your inbox

I know that the number of messages that we receive, that come to our inbox is large, but when i post to someone it has the inbox full. Some members like to have the messages in their inbox. The administrators can increase the numbers that we can recieve in the ibox up to 50? Thanks.

rchainho said:
I know that the number of messages that we receive, that come to our inbox is large, but when i post to someone it has the inbox full. Some members like to have the messages in their inbox. The administrators can increase the numbers that we can recieve in the ibox up to 50? Thanks.
rchainho, I have moved your post into the existing PM Folder thread. Please read about the number of allowable PMs and what you can do about it here. :)

um, well, i have a question:

is there a way we can add a "Previous Message" and "Next Message" tab or command when we're viewing our PMs? so it will be easier to navigate through the messages. or was this option implemented by vBulletin itself, and TRF doesn't have the capacity to have such an option?

i was cleaning up my PM folders and i find it irritating and inconvenient to keep clicking "Back" and "Inbox" or "Sent Messages" so many times.:eek:

hoping for your reply and thanks so much for your help! :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
um, well, i have a question:

is there a way we can add a "Previous Message" and "Next Message" tab or command when we're viewing our PMs? so it will be easier to navigate through the messages. or was this option implemented by vBulletin itself, and TRF doesn't have the capacity to have such an option?

i was cleaning up my PM folders and i find it irritating and inconvenient to keep clicking "Back" and "Inbox" or "Sent Messages" so many times.:eek:

hoping for your reply and thanks so much for your help! :)

That would indeed be a good function to have RhapsodyBrat. I don't know if it's a vBulletin software thingn or a TRF thing to be truthful. But I will check with Andy about it. One of the SuperMods mentioned that she had been away for the weekend recently and came back on Monday to 25 PMs so I'm sure she would've appreciated such a function then!

We'll let you know as soon as we find something out.

And if there is a message you would really really like to keep forever and ever, you can download them in several formats (though txt is easiest to view) to your own harddrive to keep.

Ann

Back
Top Bottom