please help

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debs1968

City
Derby
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone please tell me who this is its the reverse to a pendant i have one side is queen Victoria and this guy thanks for looking

hi can anyone please tell me who this is its the reverse to a pendant i have one side is queen Victoria and this guy thanks for looking

Perhaps if you post a picture so we can see???? Kind of hard to guess from your vague description.

sorry i thought i had

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 168
Maybe Prince Arthur Duke of Connaught? He was one of Victoria's sons. It's definitely not Bertie, Alfred the oldest sons of Victoria, Leopold another son died as younger man. The uniform looks like a navy uniform maybe? It's pretty hard since you don't see much of it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I would say Arthur. It looks like some of the photos I have seen of him later in life.

No, definitely not Arthur! He looked very different.

What does Victoria look like? Is she younger Victoria or old fat Victoria? Her looks could help date it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

this is victoria

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 179
Could it be that it's not a relative? The photo doesn't resemble anyone in her immediate family. I think it was someone showing their loyalty/respect for their monarch by having her on the reverse of their own or a loved one's portrait, JMO

where could i take it to get it looked at its really intriguing me and i need to know more about it

thank you all very very much for your input im convinced that he is lord roberts now i just need to find the link between the two of them

It looks like perhaps it was a photographic version of that. Her certainly was honored for his participation in several major military events including Boer, India and Afghanistan.

Frederik Roberts was one of only 2 people who were not royalty (other being Churchill) to lie in state at Westminster hall before his funeral, a state funeral. He served as godfather to Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester. Henry was named in part for him (2 names came from godparents). He was in the funeral procession of both Victoria and her son Edward.

Last edited:
:previous: LOL with delight. Some of the people here on the Forums are indeed amazing and very generous. :flowers::clap:

Yes I must concur. The wealth of knowledge that this BLOG's members have is astonishing. I would venture to say it would make even Michael Beschloss blush, husband of Afsaneh Mashayekhi Beschloss. Thank you and keep BLOGGING! I bid you all peace....

Back
Top Bottom