Petty Annoyance

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that problem when I am using Public Computer. If you are using a private computer, click the 'remember me' button, and the problem will be solved (at least it was for me).

If you are using a Public cumputer, I guess you will just have to keep up with it, since I don't think it's safe to click the 'remember me' buttom on public Cumputer. Or you can click it, but don't forget to log off, after leaving the Forum.

Hope it helps. :flowers:

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow and let you know in this post. I log in with a laptop and some other times with the pc, depending on what room I'm in (we have several pc's in the home). Goodnight! (it's 11:12 pm, time to go for me)

Avalon said:
I have that problem when I am using Public Computer. If you are using a private computer, click the 'remember me' button, and the problem will be solved (at least it was for me).

If you are using a Public cumputer, I guess you will just have to keep up with it, since I don't think it's safe to click the 'remember me' buttom on public Cumputer. Or you can click it, but don't forget to log off, after leaving the Forum.

Hope it helps. :flowers:

It works...too well! :shock:
I shut down my laptop last night and today I turned in on and entered the Forum. I was already signed in. At least I was not logged off automatically. But tonight I'll make sure I log off the Forum completely instead of just closing the browser window and unplugging the battery.
Thanks Avalon! :flowers:

Toledo said:
It works...too well! :shock:
I shut down my laptop last night and today I turned in on and entered the Forum. I was already signed in. At least I was not logged off automatically. But tonight I'll make sure I log off the Forum completely instead of just closing the browser window and unplugging the battery.
Thanks Avalon! :flowers:

Glad it works TOleado. :flowers:
If you click 'remember me', then every time you enter the board, you are automatically logged in. That's why I told you to be careful to log off, when you use public computer, rather then simply closing the board.

I noticed! :ohmy: My laptop seems to be always connected automatically to the forum ever since I pressed the 'remember me' button.
My fault too because for three days I've been forgetting to log off, then log in again and uncheck it. Tonight when I log off I'll make sure the Remember me box is unchecked. Thanks for the advice though, at least now I am not being logged off the forum in the middle of reading or posting a message. :)

Why are there so many cliques on the forum and why do some members gang up on certain members for no reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
why do some members gang up on certain members for no reason?

It simple, you say something they dont like or dis-agree . I know its not too nice because your just giving an opinion but those are the reason imo;)

It simple, you say something they dont like or dis-agree . I know its not too nice because your just giving an opinion but those are the reason imo;)

I don't care about that.... I just hate it when some members decide they want to insult me for no reason, because they decide they don't like me or where I come from or my attitude or something. So I guess there's just no solution. I'll just add them to the ignore list. No reason to even read their crap. It just demoralizes me.

Well, if you feel that there are cliques here with coordinated ill behavior towards other members / yourself, please contact one of the moderators in a private message about that so we can look into it and see what we can do! It certainly is not a situation we want to have here, far from that!

Well, good people, beat me, make me write bad checks, call me Cuthburt, call me Percy, call me Aethelred the Unready, call me anything, JUST CALL ME. Those sensitive souls here need not worry. At least nobody is ignoring you. Somebody must think that you are important enough to insult. Which is good. You have gotten under their skin.

As the Court Jester In Residence here I can proudly boast that on more than one occasion I have even roused the wrath of the moderators-the word AHEM was never more Jehovah like-irritated the members when trying to actually complement them and had certain of my more malodorous comments deleted. And I have survived and come back for more??? Am I sick, crazy or what? So do not worry. You are not alone. I too, sniffffff, am sensitive. Cheers.

PS. Having a sense of humour certainly helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas, anyone who ignores the voice of wisdom you provide on these forums needs a big smack. I'm not sensitive (after 3 bottles of Gordons who is?) but let me tell you a little saying that always gets me through; "Here's to those who wish me well and those who don't can go to hell".

xXx

AHEM, Cuthbert. :whistling:

Don't let me prevent your writing those bad checks or anything, but it's never good when our members start insulting other members, however important they think they are. Nor, might I add, is it a badge of honour to have roused the wrath of the mods, even for a court jester :jester:. Just sayin'...

As Marengo said, anyone feeling they're being ganged up on should contact a member of the moderation team for help. That's part of what we're here for.

Last edited:
Well Dear Members and Elspeth Most Noble,

Amara lenti temperet risu, if my Latin holds up. from my favorite poet Horace. It means: " let him soften bitter things with a gentle smile." I repeat, a sense of humour, ie underlying kindness and a sense of proportion is of immeasurable value. Even to try to cultivate these things. As for this Court Jester, or Fool in Residence if you will, I cannot help it, I tease and pick on those people whom I like. And I like just about everybody. The fonder I am of you the harder time you are going to have. Of course with those AHEMS, I fully expect our moderators to be more than able to take care of themselves, which is what makes it so much fun. why pick on somebody who cannot dish it to you back?

As for ganging up on people, don't you think that is just a bit much? While of course you may disagree, and we all do have these dumb ideas now and then don't we. Well maybe you don't but I do. Just go read some of my posts. DUMB and full of typos to boot. But then some of them are minor masterpieces. So why go and get hotted up because somebody else did something you think is not so bright, stupid or is just plain wrong. YOU DIDN'T. Be grateful. If all else fails there are after all all those blasted republicans. Cheers
Cheers.

You should be able to paste things into the reply box. I can't copy anything in the reply box (which is a nuisance), but I can paste stuff from elsewhere into it.

I don´t want to be considered a "serial complainer" but the quick search has been bothering me for some time. I have tried clearing out pop ups etc and gradually I am learning to live with it the way it is but this morning when i used the quick search button this is the message I got.

Pasted directly from the quick links

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 28 seconds.

This is the message I received. I am pasting it mainly as I find it amusing. :lol::lol::lol:

The discussion about the new design is going on at this link. I am going to close this discussions so we don't end up with two threads on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom