Meaning of Grey Squares..

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
What do they mean? Some are grey, some green, sometimes red. Are they used to flag problem posters?

CasiraghiTrio said:
What do they mean? Some are grey, some green, sometimes red. Are they used to flag problem posters?

These buttons indicate the state of the user. Green stands for online (available), red stands for online but invisible (the invisibility Mode turned on), grey means that the user is offline.

Thank you very much. I've been wondering about that forever. :rolleyes:

Meaning of grey squares..

I've been here for a while now, but I've always wondered ..
What does the little grey squares below the title mean??

Thanks in advance..

They're related to your post count. Not sure exactly how, but the people with the largest number of posts also have the largest number of little squares.

Thanks Elspeth! :)

Actually they are needless because you have titles like "newbie" or "gentry" which depend on your number of posts. . . :)

What are the ranks in this forum and how many posts to each rank?

What are the ranks in this forum and how many posts to each rank?

The user title under your name indicates how many posts you've made. Our user title system is based on the following post counts:

Newbie: 10 or fewer posts
Commoner: 11 to 50 posts
Gentry: from 51 to 100 posts
Aristocracy: 101 to 250 posts
Nobility: 251 to 500 posts
Courtier: 501 to 1,000 posts
Serene Highness: 1,001 to 1,500 posts
Royal Highness: 1,501 to 2,000 posts
Heir Presumptive: 2,001 to 3,000 posts
Heir Apparent: 3,001 to 6,000 posts
Majesty: 6,001 to 10,000 posts
Imperial Majesty: 10,000 posts and above

Green Dots Near Profile Pictures

What do these green dots near profile photos mean? Thank you!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

The grey diamonds to the left, under your profile name, refers to the number of posts you've made. The more diamonds, the more posts. After an X number of posts, you don't get any more diamonds. You are then a "senior-poster" so to speak. The title under your name is also a reference to your number of posts. The grander the title, the more posts.
The green diamonds, (in various shades of green actually) to the right when reading a profile refers to the number of thanks that person has received. The more diamonds the more thanks.

Last edited:

It means that the poster is currently online, when a poster is offline the dot is grey.

And the one sitting here about to put a bag over his head, because he misunderstood your question is... me. :chef: ?

And the one sitting here about to put a bag over his head, because he misunderstood your question is... me. :chef: ?

Well, I for one appreciate the explanation you gave because I had no idea what those green squares in the profile were:flowers:.

:previous: Muhler - the dot that can be green or grey on a PC/MAC is the dot that indicates you have been thanked.

And I think that when you delete all your thanks, or your mailbox is full, the green dot becomes grey/blue.

If you hover your cursor over the green dot in the thread a bubble will appear and say ‘’poster is online now’’.

I was able to find threads with people not listed online (at the bottom of a page or posts on a thread) but green.

Because a poster doesn’t have to be in a thread or post in it, they just have to log in to the forum.

If you hover your cursor over the green dot in the thread a bubble will appear and say ‘’poster is online now’’.

Because a poster doesn’t have to be in a thread or post in it, they just have to log in to the forum.

Go figure - if you click on that link, this is a tale we have been telling for a loooooong time now.

Well, I for one appreciate the explanation you gave because I had no idea what those green squares in the profile were:flowers:.

? good.

:previous: Muhler - the dot that can be green or grey on a PC/MAC is the dot that indicates you have been thanked.

And I think that when you delete all your thanks, or your mailbox is full, the green dot becomes grey/blue.

I was able to find threads with people not listed online (at the bottom of a page or posts on a thread) but green.

And, @Sweden, info about this (and MORE) can be found in this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/questions-about-trf-find-the-answers-here-34071.html.

If the dot is greyish (I think) it means the poster is invisible, or in private mode if you prefer.
You don't have to delete your thanks, that's done automatically. You can only read your thanks for an X number back.
If you do not wish to receive a PM, when someone thank you, you can deselect that option under messaging and notification.

-------------------------

ADDED: For the mods:
Perhaps we should have a Jane Doe profile in the FAQ thread explaining what it is we see when looking at a post and when looking at a profile?

Last edited:
Also, because someone's green dot is on (which means they're online), it doesn't necessarily mean that they're active at the time on TRF. I select "remember me" at logon and unless I restart my computer or browser, my green light remains on but I could very well be off in another window playing bingo or something. I don't even have to have TRF open in a window to keep that little green light on. I'm not sure even if I don't open TRF for a few hours if it "times out" or not.

Right now it tells me I last logged in at 6:48 am. My computer is always on and never shut down but since that time of logon, I've done other things and even taken a nap. So, sometimes its possible for me to have a logon time of three days ago. :D

Well if I thought I was lost before, now I am doubly lost for I have no green anything and so I think I will crawl down the deep hole of confusion on any computer and cover me up till I need fresh air....

Darn good thing I don't do nooks, crooks, pads, pods or grannies for I would then really just give up and call it quits and disappear into the sunset!

:previous: I'll come find you. :D

Back
Top Bottom