Is there something we can do about the Sussex Threads?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree when it’s an instance of those who are here to blatantly troll. I guess my question is more in regard to those who would rush to Meghan’s defense at the first mention of even the most warranted criticism. I mean, I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that if she said the grass was red and the sky was brown and someone here said she was incorrect, others would be quick to try to come up with reasons why that poster is wrong and Meghan is right no matter how wrong she was.

By the same token, it’s okay for posters to have their own opinions and to state them without being beat over the head with reasons why their opinion is wrong, they must be haters, etc. The instance that comes to mind is the NYC baby shower but that’s certainly not the only instance. Some posters commented that the optics of that were bad. It didn’t matter who paid for it, it mattered that it looked bad because most members of the public aren’t royal watchers who would know or care who paid for what and it looked even worse that just days later there was a speech from the Sussex camp about reducing one’s carbon footprint, etc. However, when some posters pointed all that out in what I think was very warranted criticism, they were attacked and beat over the head by the superfans. It wasn’t unfair or unwarranted criticism and would have been exactly the same had it been any other royal but because it was Meghan we were all wrong, racist, haters, or worse.

That’s what’s so frustrating. We hear that criticism is fine as long as it’s fair but when it’s fair we’re attached for it by the Meghan Can Do No Wrong camp.

I certainly think your comments are a bit extreme here in the last couple of post. Just because someone said they mute people, it doesn't mean they reject all criticism. Just because someone likes Meghan, doesn't mean they will agree the grass is red.

As for the second part, everyone has a differing opinion based on different logic. As long as someone is using that, I'm not seeing how it's "attacking" just because they disagree. It's a discussion. And certainly, both sides held their own and said their piece on that, and many other, topics.

Fact of matter is I've been seeing a lot more posts where it's acceptable to make accusations towards the fans than calling anyone a hater. Part of it is calling someone a hater will definitely the post deleted, but not the other way around when people want to criticize fans. Nevermind if the comments are true or not. And that's another thing that's off balance. If it's against forum rules to say haters are blah blah blah, then it should be against forum rule to say fans are blah blah blah.

Until Meghan says the grass is red and someone agrees with it, that's nothing more than hyperbole, which isn't helpful if the goal is trying to find a solution. Just like the claim that posters are attacking each other. Unless there are personal attacks, let's stop using the work "attack" or a form of. That makes the situation worse. Using facts and rationale to have a discussion is not an attack. To me, using those words are a bit inflammatory, especially when tensions are already high and posters are already a bit on edge.

Last edited:
How do I unsubscribe from this forum?
Well, it looks impossible without help of a lawyer :D

If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:Change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info, change account options to refuse contact and ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

I mean I think there are a lot of factors at play that have also been playing out across the royal watching world at large. Meghan brought in a huge influx of younger watchers, especially younger women of color royal watchers. And I think that has led to some toxic interactions with some of the old guard (both among fans and the media). Young people engage with news differently and also with online social spaces differently. And things that never would have been called out before are now too.

As a long time royal watcher of color myself who is younger (and perhaps I will get in trouble for this), I can't say I am shocked by this. I knew things would be toxic when a WOC (specifically a mixed race Black woman) married into the BRF bringing in a different crowd to this community (overall, not just at TRF) leading to a lot of clashes as a result. This literally happens in every fandom/community when POC enter in large numbers.

I am honestly not sure what can be done. Meghan is a deeply polarizing figure, largely through no real fault of her own (although certainly some things could have been dealt with differently by her and her team). Each side is going to feel "wronged" by whatever decision is made, and in that way I feel for the moderators.

I mean I think a lot of this comes down to each of us making a decision to simply not take the bait, so to speak. We all know the posters who cause mischief, so why give them the benefit of our attention? Similarly, there is little need to keep engaging in circular arguments with folks. It is ok to go back and forth with new information and points, but at a certain juncture, learning to simply bow out is necessary. I know this is something I struggle(d) with but it made life much easier once I practiced lol.

It would be a true shame to lose the Sussex sub-forum, regardless. This is an interesting and historic couple and historic time for the BRF. I would like to be able to continue to engage in discussion here about it.

OK...seems like everyone is beating around the bush here. No one is saying that criticism is not welcomed, (i.e.) the Babyshower. The was a hot button topic, but let's be honest, the majority of the frustrations comes from particular posters who do nothing but go into the Sussex threads to post negativity. If you would like me to name names, I will sure do so. From what I can see, not all of the Meghan "fans" on here agree with everything that she does and even among us, we disagree a lot.

What's frustrating here is the overtly critical and nasty posts that no one responding is addressing. It's a handful of posters that disrupts everything. For example, Jacqui and Lumutqueen will be having a civilised discussion on Meghan's fashion choices i.e. UK designers vs. Foreign houses, then someone pops into the thread with a nasty, condescending remark, and what was once a civil conversation between a few posters turns into an all out war because of the interference of one. Then that ONE poster complains to the mods that they are being attacked by the mean Sussex fans, and boom...there goes the thread. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME!

People are beating around he bush here. There are CERTAIN POSTERS that are the problem. How about we address those first.

I mean I think there are a lot of factors at play that have also been playing out across the royal watching world at large. Meghan brought in a huge influx of younger watchers, especially younger women of color royal watchers. And I think that has led to some toxic interactions with some of the old guard (both among fans and the media). Young people engage with news differently and also with online social spaces differently. And things that never would have been called out before are now too.

As a long time royal watcher of color myself who is younger (and perhaps I will get in trouble for this), I can't say I am shocked by this. I knew things would be toxic when a WOC (specifically a mixed race Black woman) married into the BRF bringing in a different crowd to this community (overall, not just at TRF) leading to a lot of clashes as a result. This literally happens in every fandom/community when POC enter in large numbers.

I am honestly not sure what can be done. Meghan is a deeply polarizing figure, largely through no real fault of her own (although certainly some things could have been dealt with differently by her and her team). Each side is going to feel "wronged" by whatever decision is made, and in that way I feel for the moderators.

I mean I think a lot of this comes down to each of us making a decision to simply not take the bait, so to speak. We all know the posters who cause mischief, so why give them the benefit of our attention? Similarly, there is little need to keep engaging in circular arguments with folks. It is ok to go back and forth with new information and points, but at a certain juncture, learning to simply bow out is necessary. I know this is something I struggle(d) with but it made life much easier once I practiced lol.

It would be a true shame to lose the Sussex sub-forum, regardless. This is an interesting and historic couple and historic time for the BRF. I would like to be able to continue to engage in discussion here about it.

Ding, ding, ding. If we as posters know those who are causing the mischief, why can't the mods do something about. Ban them form the Sussex threads if you must, because they are the ones causing the drama.

I also find it disingenuous that some people right now are putting this all down the the supporters of the DoS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly think your comments are a bit extreme here in the last couple of post. Just because someone said they mute people, it doesn't mean they reject all criticism. Just because someone likes Meghan, doesn't mean they will agree the grass is red.

As for the second part, everyone has a differing opinion based on different logic. As long as someone is using that, I'm not seeing how it's "attacking" just because they disagree. It's a discussion. And certainly, both sides held their own and said their piece on that, and many other, topics.

Fact of matter is I've been seeing a lot more posts where it's acceptable to make accusations towards the fans than calling anyone a hater. Part of it is calling someone a hater will definitely the post deleted, but not the other way around when people want to criticize fans. Nevermind if the comments are true or not. And that's another thing that's off balance. If it's against forum rules to say haters are blah blah blah, then it should be against forum rule to say fans are blah blah blah.

Until Meghan says the grass is red and someone agrees with it, that's nothing more than hyperbole, which isn't helpful if the goal is trying to find a solution. Just like the claim that posters are attacking each other. Unless there are personal attacks, let's stop using the work "attack" or a form of. That makes the situation worse. Using facts and rationale to have a discussion is not an attack. To me, using those words are a bit inflammatory, especially when tensions are already high and posters are already a bit on edge.

I actually would disagree that anything I’ve said is extreme. Particularly because it has become personal and I’ve been personally attacked in a thread in which I was critical of an action of Meghan’s and when the thread was closed, the poster then continued to attack me personally via private message because I had dared to point out that in that particular instance Meghan was in the wrong. It was over the top, extreme, unwarranted, but frankly, typical. And I highly doubt I’m the only person that’s had that experience, particularly when I take into consideration that the mod I spoke with seemed resigned to the fact that it was becoming a routine problem. So I do think it’s fair to use those words and to bring all of that into the discussion given that not just the threads but the private messages are subject to this level of ridiculousness.

Also, I think it’s sad that either side has to “hold their own” because these threads really shouldn’t be about holding your own in a fight because they really shouldn’t be a fight. It’s okay for each poster to have and state their opinion and it really doesn’t always require an argument or a response, even if another poster disagrees.

Doff my hat to you Heather, sincerely.

I haven't been on in ages (for a completely different reason-pertaining to the forum) but I'd like to add my 2 cents. I now just randomly browse every so often. When I first joined, I really enjoyed the back and forth opinions and in doing so, have met many nice folks around the globe, one in particular, in the UK, has brought many smiles to my face....

Before the Sussex wedding, I was one who was full of anticipation for the "main event" but I noticed that or it seemed to me, to becoming a frenzy about Meghan, either you liked her camp or you didn't. I remember one post that Rudolph posted (doesn't matter which) but holy mother of jeepers, I sent him a PM and said I couldn't believe it was like watching him being cyber lynched on this forum and I've seen that not just with Rudolph. I also told him "God help me if I posted what I really thought".

Years ago, I was one who thoroughly enjoyed "following Diana", not on this forum, don't know if it even existed then, over the years slowly I changed my opinion of her and sadly, by the time that pic of her alone on the diving board I wasn't a fan at all. There are those of you on this form that love her still and I respect that. Truly. I just see someone different. Lordy, I can go and post some negative thought about her on here and warriors will find me LOL !

And that's very much what this Meghan frenzy reminds me of. I think we're all entitled to our opinions, yet, as much as I try to respect others, when I don't agree, I don't need a sermon, I'm just happy to be in the "church" sharing different points of view.

That's probably a nickels worth and I should shop.

I shall now go and post the reason I haven't been on and hope it doesn't open a can of worms YIKES

I hate to hear this. Really, I do. Because I’m very much in the same boat and frankly it’s no fun at all. Particularly when this used to be such a fun place to engage, share, see other opinions, etc. And, totally off topic, but might I ask what your other reason is? You don’t have to tell me and, of course, I haven’t shared my own second reason, but just curious what it might be.

OK...seems like everyone is beating around the bush here. No one is saying that criticism is not welcomed, (i.e.) the Babyshower. The was a hot button topic, but let's be honest, the majority of the frustrations comes from particular posters who do nothing but go into the Sussex threads to post negativity. If you would like me to name names, I will sure do so. From what I can see, not all of the Meghan "fans" on here agree with everything that she does and even among us, we disagree a lot.

What's frustrating here is the overtly critical and nasty posts that no one responding is addressing. It's a handful of posters that disrupts everything. For example, Jacqui and Lumutqueen will be having a civilised discussion on Meghan's fashion choices i.e. UK designers vs. Foreign houses, then someone pops into the thread with a nasty, condescending remark, and what was once a civil conversation between a few posters turns into an all out war because of the interference of one. Then that ONE poster complains to the mods that they are being attacked by the mean Sussex fans, and boom...there goes the thread. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME!

People are beating around he bush here. There are CERTAIN POSTERS that are the problem. How about we address those first.

That's true. It's a sticky situation since some have gotten smart and used other means to circumvent the rule. For example, if they don't like Meghan and saying what they think is going to get them in trouble, then post some opinion piece from an inflammatory figure or an unreliable source as a mouthpiece. I've noticed that more and more.

And as for how the forums are moderate, sometimes it's difficult to tell. Like how many posts does it take for someone to get a warning or ban? It doesn't seem like it's always measurable.

I think Zaira and Heather touched on what I am beginning to think is the crux of the matter: it should be all right to state your opinion, wherever that falls, and after a certain point, you have to move on. Some of the problems seem to arise when either someone absolutely has to have the last word, or when instead of a few people expressing a dissenting opinion to something, there is a pile-on, which takes on an increasingly nasty tone.

And yes, there are posters on both ends of the extreme who pot-stir, or take unpleasant swipes at other posters, which should not be tolerated at all, but sometimes passes, no doubt because of sheer exhaustion on the moderators part, and which leaves behind an unpleasant little smear of ill feeling.

And how do you make rules to cover all that when so much of it is nuance and a matter of perception?

Edited for clarity

Yes, I see a need for very strict moderation for a time and and then, even banning some problematic posters who cause the Moderators too much work.
Hats off to the Moderators for their extra efforts; I think they are doing the right thing in taking a break and affording themselves and us readers a time of calm.

I actually would disagree that anything I’ve said is extreme. Particularly because it has become personal and I’ve been personally attacked in a thread in which I was critical of an action of Meghan’s and when the thread was closed, the poster then continued to attack me personally via private message because I had dared to point out that in that particular instance Meghan was in the wrong. It was over the top, extreme, unwarranted, but frankly, typical. And I highly doubt I’m the only person that’s had that experience, particularly when I take into consideration that the mod I spoke with seemed resigned to the fact that it was becoming a routine problem. So I do think it’s fair to use those words and to bring all of that into the discussion given that not just the threads but the private messages are subject to this level of ridiculousness.

Also, I think it’s sad that either side has to “hold their own” because these threads really shouldn’t be about holding your own in a fight because they really shouldn’t be a fight. It’s okay for each poster to have and state their opinion and it really doesn’t always require an argument or a response, even if another poster disagrees.

What you are describing isn't what I was talking about. I can't really comment on PM, and that's not the topic of discussion here. Nor is it something we can find a solution here. Let's work on one thing at a time. Hopefully there is/can be a block option and that fixes that problem. That's something that mods will have to decide on. Like if there is someone who keeps sending nasty PMs to people, how does that get handled. We are talking about what is posted in the forums. And that, the mods monitor pretty closely.

And holding your own isn't just about a fight. None of the posters here are the victim. We all have a voice, and we can say what we think and why we think that. It's a discussion and we discuss as long as it's not personal attacks. I agree someone doesn't always have to respond, but that's each person's preference and choice. We can't control or tell anyone else not to respond, which is what I've seen being complained about. People responded disagreeing what I said, so they must be trying to silence me.

Last edited:
That's true. It's a sticky situation since some have gotten smart and used other means to circumvent the rule. For example, if they don't like Meghan and saying what they think is going to get them in trouble, then post some opinion piece from an inflammatory figure or an unreliable source as a mouthpiece. I've noticed that more and more.

And as for how the forums are moderate, sometimes it's difficult to tell. Like how many posts does it take for someone to get a warning or ban? It doesn't seem like it's always measurable.

I get that Jacqui, BUT they know who they are, we know who they are. It's not a lot of posters, but perhaps 6-10. For example, and I hope this poster won't mind me using them as an example. I know wyvale may not be a big fan of the Sussex's, but when they post, it's with credible information, some historical info, the reason something may or may not be happening. Posters can have discussion with wyvale because they know that he/she is not going to hit below the belt, and the conversation can be constructive, at least that's what I've viewed/experienced.

NOW...there are some fans of the Sussex's that go WAY overboard and I haven't seen them post here in a while, and mainly keep their butts to twitter, so I have no idea which posters are "attacking" non-supporters. If that's the case, then that should be another solution, to deal with posters individually and get them off the board. First, start with the HATERS...yes I said it, the ones (6-10 posters) who come into the threads, use different tactics, but their end goal is always the same. I sure can name names when they're ready.

Last edited:
I don't post much, and I don't know what tools are available to everyone, but is there a way of determining if the problematic posts are from the same group of people? If so, could they be warned, and then blocked from posting again?

Just a thought.

Duchess of Sussex is royalty.
I think people who don't like Meghan could take holidays from commenting on a disliked royal... and her fans.

You gotta be kidding me!

I don't post much, and I don't know what tools are available to everyone, but is there a way of determining if the problematic posts are from the same group of people? If so, could they be warned, and then blocked from posting again?

Just a thought.

There are no tools for that. You would just have to block on an individual basis.

I think Zaira and Heather touched on what I am beginning to think is the crux of the matter: it should be all right to state your opinion, wherever that falls, and after a certain point, you have to move on. Some of the problems seem to arise when either someone absolutely has to have the last word, or when instead of a few people expressing a dissenting opinion to something, there is a pile-on, which takes on an increasingly nasty tone.

And yes, there are posters on both ends of the extreme who pot-stir, or take unpleasant swipes at other posters, which should not be tolerated at all, but sometimes passes, no doubt because of sheer exhaustion on the moderators part, and which leaves behind an unpleasant little smear of ill feeling.

I think you’ve said this much more concisely than I could have. I think a big part of the problem is that some very, very vocal posters in both camps are determined to have the last word and believe that if they have the last word then they must have “won” when really they’ve only succeeded in causing others or their “opponent” to shut down and disengage because this is at the end of the day just supposed to be fun. I don’t believe that everyone who expresses a
difference of opinion is trying to “silence” other posters but I do think that the increasingly brutal pile on/demand for the last word/insistence on drilling their point home about why they’re right and you’re wrong is deafening and exhausting and does much to contribute to the hostility and ill feeling on both sides.

I don’t necessarily disagree with this approach but I really do have a completely honest question about it. While I think it’s great that the threads are a better experience for you using this method, why is it unacceptable to have posts that don’t contain only positives and support for Meghan? While she’s certainly not the devil incarnate that some people would make her out to be she’s also not perfect because she’s human and just like any other royal should be subject to both positive/supportive comments and negative/nonsupportive comments. I’m genuinely curious why some posters feel that she shouldn’t ever be subject to anything other than glowing positivity?

There are some folks who react to any criticism of Meghan (or Harry). But alternatively, there are also some people who always post negative articles and never have a positive thing to say.

And even people who generally like Meghan (and Harry) react to the posts that are radical in either direction. Even great discussions by a number of people have been derailed by one or two divisive posts and those having the calm discussion lose out because of the arguments.

I don't give two shits about thread continuity. I just want out of this hypocritical, toxic, cesspool, and to also get some control back over my e-mail address (too many messages from here flooding my inbox).
You can delete your email subscriptions in "Your Control Panel" via "Private Messages".
Deleting your membership without finding the real owner of this forum and help of a lawyer seems impossible to me. Serfs problems, you know :lol:

I don’t necessarily disagree with this approach but I really do have a completely honest question about it. While I think it’s great that the threads are a better experience for you using this method, why is it unacceptable to have posts that don’t contain only positives and support for Meghan? While she’s certainly not the devil incarnate that some people would make her out to be she’s also not perfect because she’s human and just like any other royal should be subject to both positive/supportive comments and negative/nonsupportive comments. I’m genuinely curious why some posters feel that she shouldn’t ever be subject to anything other than glowing positivity?

There are posts by certain posters that are nothing but negativity and nitpicking. They never have a nice thing to say about Meghan. They are negative to be negative. Posts don’t have to only be positive, but when a poster who knows they have nothing nice to say about her posts just to say something negative, it’s obvious what they are doing. They are trying to stomp on the happy feelings of others simply because they can. I don’t have time for that nonsense.

I’ve been on TRF for a number of years. But, rarely post anymore because there are so many who are openly rude. To me, that is the real problem. So what if some one isn’t in agreement with your point of view. You can still be polite. Can’t you?
I used to find TRF an interesting and fun source of information about the various royals. For example, Princess Victoria and Daniel’s wedding was a beautiful and memorable day for many of us. I don’t recall nasty, snarky know-it-all comments then.
But, now there are some really nasty commenters and not just about the Sussex family. I’m not particularly interested in this family, but, I see no reason for the attacks on them on a forum.
Maybe there really should be some kind of standards for TRF as to good manners!
This JMHO. But, of course, I think I’m right. Smiling!

The only way to stop this is basically only allow pictures and articles about official engagements and announcements to be posted for now until things die down a bit. So sort of like a newsfeed to keep updated on what is going on with the Sussexes and what they are doing.

While I would be sad we could have no discussion, this seems like a better solution than totally closed threads.

Although I would prefer nothing posted about certain reporters or a certain father and half siblings.:whistling:

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I would like to think that there are some positive steps that could be taken here to normalize the threads. Empress Merel's approach is pretty much where I fall--I'm not in love with any royal, and there is not a single royal who gets all positive or all negative from me. I don't think that's an unusual approach on TRF, it's only the Sussex threads where that seems to cause problems.

The Princess Sofia of Sweden threads got pretty nasty for awhile. Now that they've been married awhile and have two kids it doesn't seem to get so heated anymore.

The Princess Sofia of Sweden threads got pretty nasty for awhile. Now that they've been married awhile and have two kids it doesn't seem to get so heated anymore.

Now you say that, I remember those. Lots of ugliness on those threads.

You can delete your email subscriptions in "Your Control Panel" via "Private Messages".
Deleting your membership without finding the real owner of this forum and help of a lawyer seems impossible to me. Serfs problems, you know :lol:

Thank you for this. I will try this route for now regarding the e-mails. Membership is another discussion. There are so many interesting people on this forum and I would hate to just up and leave, but a few makes this forum very toxic and I this is a place I come to for a bit of fashion and enjoyment. It's just become too negative.

OH yes. I mentioned something akin to this earlier in this thread. I don't ever remember those threads getting closed down. I felt so bad for Sofia during that time.

I feel like some of the posters are given greater leeway by the mods than some other posters.

ABSOLUTELY agree with this. We all know who they are, they know who they are and the mods know who they are. I don't care if they've been on here since Noah was a little man, if they're disruptive to a particular thread, they should lose some privileges instead of letting the thread derail to the point of closing it down.

ABSOLUTELY agree with this. We all know who they are, they know who they are and the mods know who they are. I don't care if they've been on here since Noah was a little man, if they're disruptive to a particular thread, they should lose some privileges instead of letting the thread derail to the point of closing it down.

I think there need to be clear guidelines for what is and is not disruptive, though, and transparency in how those rules are applied. And that's a tough thing to do, as we've seen when threads are closed down. There's some obvious things that I think most of us posting on this particular thread agree on--no posting inflammatory or click-baiting articles or blogs, no personal attacks or demeaning remarks----but how do you formulate rules to cover all those other things that may or may not, depending on your perspective, get people riled up and make the thread blow up? And how do you apply those even-handedly? If you've ever moderated a forum you know that this stuff is much easier in theory than it is in practice, and inevitably, there will be times when stuff slips through.

For the record, I didn't join TRF for years because it seemed any critique of the Cambridges, specifically Kate, was shut down by other posters and even by the mods. TRF had a reputation of being an extreme Kate fan board, even. (I recognize some will disagree with me about this but I am just sharing what I felt and what I saw expressed by many in other royal watching spaces. Your milage may vary)

I also recall some very nasty commentary about Sofia of Sweden, and lots of fighting in the Diana threads from my lurker days.

Which is all to say that while the Sussex threads have been a whole other beast and I think there are a whole lot of factors at play that are complex and representation of larger social divisions (see my earlier posts and my posts in the race threads), I DO think that sanity ultimately prevails and things mellow out.

I am not sure what was done to help out in the aforementioned threads (and truth be told, I simply, or rarely, never visit the Cambridge section, a tact I wish other posters would take for the Sussex threads, but I digress), but perhaps we can learn from what was helpful in moderating those threads? I also recall things getting heated in many a Letizia thread too.

That’s why I asked for clarification on this earlier.

I think this falls under moderator discretion or interpretation, so there is no hard and fast rule. And as in all things in life, long term association or interaction can be one factor of future reaction.

I also recall some very nasty commentary about Sofia of Sweden, and lots of fighting in the Diana threads from my lurker days.

Which is all to say that while the Sussex threads have been a whole other beast and I think there are a whole lot of factors at play that are complex and representation of larger social divisions (see my earlier posts and my posts in the race threads), I DO think that sanity ultimately prevails and things mellow out.

I am not sure what was done to help out in the aforementioned threads (and truth be told, I simply, or rarely, never visit the Cambridge section, a tact I wish other posters would take for the Sussex threads, but I digress), but perhaps we can learn from what was helpful in moderating those threads? I also recall things getting heated in many a Letizia thread too.

I agree that there’s been lots of nastiness in lots of threads over the years and that the Sussex threads are a whole different beast. That said, I don’t necessarily agree about avoiding the threads unless you know you’re just going there to troll. Case in point, the Sussexes are not my favorite royals. Nor do I despise them. I visit their threads because I’m honestly interested. I don’t love her fashion choices but that’s just because we have very different fashion senses and that’s okay. She’s had a few outfits that I thought were real winners and definitely said so. I also didn’t refrain from commenting when I didn’t like what she wore or thought the fit could have been better. I think they’ve made some poor choices on occasion and didn’t really hesitate to say so. That said I also was happy to comment when I whole heartedly agreed with what they’ve done. So even though they aren’t my favorites and I don’t always love everything about them I still visit their threads. And in all honesty, that used to be one of my favorite things about TRF because we all got to see and talk about the way others viewed things and share our own thoughts. It’s really kind of sad that it feels like now we shouldn’t even visit threads if we’ve ever been critical of that person/couple. I know that isn’t what you’re saying but that is how some posters are feeling about all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom