How to get your Private Messages started

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
most of you want to send and get Private Messages this is how you make it work

go to yor user CP (left upper corner)

go to Edit Options on the left side

look throgh the webbpage untill you get to
Messaging & Notification
then in the topic Private Messaging
Enable Private Messaging should be crossed

i hope this will help you

I go there and i put a green crossed in the 3. If we don't put in the frist the other 2 stay out. Is like that.

Just now, i finally can see avarts. Thanks again for the amaizing help.

Love micas

My problem is that I can't send PM's from all computers. In some Iof them can send it and that's no problem, but in others I receive the message "error". Why do you think this happens?
Thanks in advance.

Question.

Thanks for helping me with this.
My Question: If a member has put me on their list of people to ignore and I send a pm to them, will I know if they recieve it? Will it be bounced back or just stay 'sent' i.e. nothing happens as normal. Can I know if someone is 'ignoring' me?

'Ignore' and PMs

Angela - Natalia said:
My Question:If a member has put me on their list of people to ignore and I send a PM to them, will I know if they recieve it? Will it be bounced back or just stay 'sent' i.e. nothing happens as normal. Can I know if someone is 'ignoring' me?
I think the "Ignore" list relates to posts on the board;
Private Messaging has its own panel within your Control Panel page (see 'User CP' just below the TRF banner at the top of the page) ; your only options are to enable private messaging, or disable it.
So my guess is that the two functions are not connected.

For more detail and explanation see "Frequently Asked Questions" here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

Problems with Private Messages

We are currently experiencing a problem with private messages (PM), in which a white screen with the following message appears:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the The Royal Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Andy R has been informed about this problem and we are working on recovering the PM system.

In the meantime, if you require assistance from a member of the Moderating Team, please e-mail us at theroyalforums@gmail.com.

The TRF Team apologizes for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you in advance for your patience at this time.

The TRF Team

Last edited:
PMs are back!

It seems that our PM communication system is back up and running.

If anyone clicks on "Private Messages" and still gets the error message, please report it here.

Thanks for being patient!

Warren

The Moderating Team has been experiencing some technical problems over the last several hours, such as not being able to stay logged in, not being able to post attachments, or being informed of new PMs that do not exist.

So that we can adequately troubleshoot and pinpoint what problems are being experienced by our members, please let us know in this thread if you are experiencing any problems. We will troubleshoot as best as we can, but may need to take things up with Andy. But so that we can inform him of the problems being experienced by everyone, please provide as much information as possible in regards to your problems as you navigate the forum.

Thank you for your co-operation and thank you for your patience the last 24 hours and over the next several.

The TRF Team

I don't know if anyone else has had problems with this. but today I tried to send a PM and it said the forum was "experiencing technical difficulties".
Does anyone know why this is happening and when it may be fixed?
And when trying to access a thread or a new page it says "page cannot be displayed", any ideas why?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with the pm's system too.
Thanks.

The site owner has been notified again. Stay tuned for updates.

It looks as though things are up and running again.

Please note that the Private Message feature seems to be linked to the Support Desk somehow, so that when one is down, so is the other. Therefore, if you can't get in touch with the Moderation Team via private message, there's no point trying to do so via the Support Desk either because your messages will be inaccessible. The best thing to do is to start a thread here.

I'm getting a Page Not Found error everytime I try to reply to a private message or a thread. My posts appear in the thread but I just tried to start a new thread and it didn't work.

ysbel said:
I'm getting a Page Not Found error everytime I try to reply to a private message or a thread. My posts appear in the thread but I just tried to start a new thread and it didn't work.
It's the whole Forum. My record is six "this page cannot be displayed" messages in a row. Very frustrating. I guess the server is having problems. Patience and perseverance!

W

Thanks Warren! Frustrating indeed! I'm getting it even when I try to go to the home page! Oh well I hope things get back to speed soon.

I post a message and the post doesn't end up in the thread, but it says that I've posted in it. Is that just a server problem too?

Probably.

The site owner is supposed to be doing some upgrades and stuff this week; this may be why things are going weird.

Thanks, it isn't much of a problem, just frustrating!:)

Re:

Eek!

I keep getting 'No Page to Display' and just now, the whole site wouldn't load for me at all. I post something, it goes to 'No Page to Display' and then I can't post it for another 5 minutes.

Help!

BeatrixFan said:

I keep getting 'No Page to Display' and just now, the whole site wouldn't load for me at all. I post something, it goes to 'No Page to Display' and then I can't post it for another 5 minutes.

I've had similar problems too; is the forum being upgraded now?

The private messages seem to be down again; I've let the site owner know.

Re;

I'm having a hell of a problem with the PMs - PollyEmma, I'm not ignoring you - I just can't a PM to you! (That goes for my other correspondants too!) :)

Thank you....I thought it was my pc.. :)

Here is the message I received:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the The Royal Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I just wanted to use this thread to apologize for not replying to PM's. I can't receive or send PM's. SORRY!:(

Mine are working again now. Have you tried yours recently, Layla?

I just logged in and checked. It's working again!:D

Back
Top Bottom