General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
There were, and still are, two such threads in the British Forums...

Diana subforum: Questions about sources
General British forum: Citation of sources in British Forum threads

The last post in the Diana subforum "Questions..." thread was made in July 2010. The thread remains 'stickied' (ie, it sits at the top of the [Diana] Threads in Forum list with the other stickied threads).

The last post in the British Forums "Citation..." thread was made in October 2008. Due to the low activity the thread was unstickied and over time it has dropped down to settle on page three of the Threads in Forum listing.

Hello all and happy new year;

I created a signature, can you see it? The trouble is, I can't seem to see my signature on the posts I have made. It's only worked on one post so far... does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your answers! :)

Last edited:
It appears that the software doesn't apply the change to previous posts but only to posts made after the change.

I'm not sure if site tweeks are going on but when I hover over the "royal forums" tab at the top of my page, usually a drop down box appears listing the reigning houses, non reigning etc etc. But this doesn't happen for me anymore, I have to click on it and such that way. Is it just me?

Oh and when I click on a page, usually I get sent to the bottom or the newest last post I haven't seen, I don't get that anymore. I've cleared my cache, twice.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm having problems with the user title. It's not changing when I hit the next posting level - I'm currently still at nobility.

I'm not sure if site tweeks are going on but when I hover over the "royal forums" tab at the top of my page, usually a drop down box appears listing the reigning houses, non reigning etc etc. But this doesn't happen for me anymore, I have to click on it and such that way. Is it just me?

Happens with me as well since today. I'm using Firefox.

Referred to the technical staff.

Hi! I'm having problems with the user title. It's not changing when I hit the next posting level - I'm currently still at nobility.
soapstar, your issue has been resolved. :)

Is there such a thing as getting an email notification from the forum for a new profile comment, like I do when I recieve a new PM?

The vBulletin software only allows for PM email notifications.

I seem to be having an issue with the site on my laptop. The advert that usually appears below the new post, FAQ, community links but above the threads has surrounded the edge and top of my screen. Cutting off haf of my view. It's only on this site.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 278
The Forums has no control over the ads that appear when a member is viewing a Forums page.
Google selects the ads that each member sees according to the profile that Google has compiled based on the person's internet history and the site they are viewing at any particular time.

No relevance to the placement of ads, but worth noting:
Google also tailors search results based on the Google profile of the person (or computer) making the search. Thus two people on different computers can do a Google search using identical keywords but be presented with different results.

I note that with some applications Google is now requesting mobile phone numbers and even real names. Hmm...
I recall the time when Microsoft was condemned for its intrusive practices. The Google organisation has long since overtaken Bill Gates & co in this regard.

Ive got the same problem as Lumutqueen and I cant read all of the posts.

I cant see any connection between recent sites I have viewed and the ads - eye makeup! I'll come out and return but this means I cant use the Forum. It also means that I cant log out.

EDIT: Managed to logout by going to the links page and now those all page ads have disappeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got the same problem as Lumutqueen and I cant read all of the posts.

I cant see any connection between recent sites I have viewed and the ads - eye makeup! I'll come out and return but this means I cant use the Forum.

I have had the same experience on this forum, although not happening today, and believe me I never visit sites related to ladies makeup.

I'm also having the same problem as Lumutqueen and Cepe. Also, a Shreddies advert keeps on appearing and it won't let me exit the advert after at least three attempts of clicking on the cross. Sometimes I can't even see the current threads at the side. The problem is only occurring on my PC and not my laptop. This is quite annoying, I wonder when it'll stop. Here are a few screenshots of what it's like for me, although I'm pretty sure they're almost the same as Lumutqueen's:

Attachments

• Screenshoot 1.jpg
    Screenshoot 1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 251
I'm having the same problem on my laptop using Safari. I can only see the right side of each post so am having to use my iPad to post this. No problems on my iPad (I'm not using the TRF app, just Safari to access the full site).

I too am getting make-up adverts. Nothing I do seems to stop it.

Here is how I got out of it -

Could not log out on portal pages

Went to another page - either rules or links. Moving quickly (thaty's strange if you knew me) I managed to log out. I think this is the key. Waited and then came back in and it had gone.

I tried without a clean log out and it didn't work.

Hope this helps

:notworthy: cepe, you are a :star:, that's finally done it for me.

I knew there was a reason I liked you ;).

Mine has only just gone and that was after several attempts to log in and out. Also, I know the adds we see are google's thing but surely the placement is TRF domain no?

A tip for those having problem with ads.

I had a huge issue with Google basically tracking and storing information without my permission. Because of that, I stopped using Chrome and Opera. Firefox though has an option that allows you not to be tracked by Google, plus a couple of handy adds-on that will stop adds from appearing ever again (such as Do Not Track and similar). It's a heaven living in ads-free world!

If anyone using Firefox needs assistance with getting rid of advertisements and/or stop Google from tracking their searches, send me a PM and I'll be glad to show you how (it's really easy, promise!).

An Ard Ri was about to log out yesterday [my time] when he received a complaint about recent posts in that thread so he closed it expecting to get back to it quickly.

I've checked it out and pending his arrival online, I've reopened it.

thanks Warren, it does help if what is unacceptable for TRF is rather clear and as a member I could not see any great tension rising on the Inaki thread, just a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
I see my postings have been deleted:), it is just like a kindergarden.

Back
Top Bottom