General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can check your post total against all of your posts when they are displayed in the "all posts by..." link.
Just click on your own name and then click on the "Find all posts by Osipi" option. All of your posts will appear but remember that posts made in Members' Corner won't be counted in the official post count

If a member makes two consecutive posts in a thread there's a good chance that a moderator will merge them into one. The preferred option is for the first post to be edited and the extra or new material added rather than creating a second post. Merging will reduce the post count as will the later removal of what are termed 'empty posts'. Empty posts are those which contain nothing more than a word or two such as "thanks" or "I agree" or "great post!" or "thanks for the pics".

I hope this explains how to check your posts and why post counts may suddenly show a small reduction.

Last edited:
I was wondering if something could be created to report a thread for advertising, without actually looking at the thread. Then that way we don't encourage the advertising by having to look at the thread to report it?

I hope this explains how to check your posts and why post counts may suddenly show a small reduction.

Thanks much Warren

Hello - we have a spammer in the Community Board - two in fact, selling Tibetian jewelry :)

Thanks for noticing us NAP, iceflower deleted the post(s). But Russo, if you still want to have the adress for the website just contact me and I can PM it to you ;).

Thanks for noticing us NAP, iceflower deleted the post(s). But Russo, if you still want to have the adress for the website just contact me and I can PM it to you ;).
Throw in some ginsu knives a Sham-WOW and a Slap Chop and I'm THERE! :D

Has Royal Forums ever thought about having a page in Facebook? As a frequent Facebook user I'd appreciate that. Or maybe you already have and I just didn't realize?

Sorry Mods, Andy, et. all, however, I am having a little difficulty getting into the threads I like when all the advertisements are playing. The ones giving me the most trouble are the Air France and the Toyota ones as they are the most sophisticated and busiest with info. etc. They play, and nothing comes up in the threads. Any way I can have the best of both worlds??? :flowers:

We have no control over the ads that appear. Google chooses the ads depending on the member's location.

We have no control over the ads that appear. Google chooses the ads depending on the member's location.
It's not the ads I have a problem with Warren, I could care less, and it supports the site. The issue I have it that when you click on the link to get to the next post after the last post the ad loads then it plays, and plays, and plays, and plays and you get no thread. Does this make sense?

Not really as I've never encountered an ad that doesn't go away.
As well as the physical location, it's common knowledge that the massive Google database takes note of what interests a person (or IP number) may have and targets ads accordingly. It would appear that Google is convinced you are in the market for a new car and/or an overseas holiday and is indulging in some overkill.

Damn ADD! I'll try and injest protein and more caffiene to make the brain function. :bang:
(Actually, Mr. Russo just bought the teenager a new car and we just got back from an Alaskan Cruise. . . .:whistling:)

It hasn't happened today, so far. . .if it happens again, and I hope not, I hope it was a glitch in the Matrix, I'll make percise notes about it to be better able to explain it to see if anyone else has the same issue instead of my gobbledeegook.

Thanks! :flowers:
Another way of reporting spammers is to click the 'report post' icon found on the top right-hand bar of every post. It is the red triangle.
The advantage of using this method is that it automatically creates a thread in the Moderator's forum and sends out alerts.

sub forum

I was thinking, in the case of the French royal family,
should nt there be a sub forum.... titled..... "The French Revolution ....."
The events and the tragedy of Louis and Marie Antoinette
loom so lorge over French history....
... the cast of characters in the 5 years or so as the Revolution burned itself out until eventually Napoleon took over.

I think that more books and movies and TV have been made of this period than any other time in history
.... surely this subject deserves its very own forum ?

Sounds like a good idea, I personally would love to talk about the event. But it's possible we don't have one because it might be too political.

There is an already existing thread entitled The Revolution in the Royal Families of France subforum.

I was thinking, in the case of the French royal family,
should nt there be a sub forum.... titled..... "The French Revolution ....."
The events and the tragedy of Louis and Marie Antoinette
loom so lorge over French history....
... the cast of characters in the 5 years or so as the Revolution burned itself out until eventually Napoleon took over.

I think that more books and movies and TV have been made of this period than any other time in history
.... surely this subject deserves its very own forum ?

As MaFan has already pointed out there is a thread on the Revolution in the Royal House of France subforum, which it inself is a part of the Non Reigning Houses. This thread was in fact started by you, so I am a little confused about what you are looking for.

In addition to the thread on the Revolution there are two threads that relate to Louis and Marie Antoinette as well as their children. The events of the Revolution are certainly tragic and intriguing, unfortunately, there is not enough to support a sub forum on it’s on.

Last edited:
I was just wondering, when this forum had the most viewers which was in 2006, was there anything specific that happened on that day?

:previous:
I believe it was the result of a systems glitch but unfortunately the number is 'locked in'.

I was thinking, could it be possible and is there interest enough to have a thread or title for royalty postcard collecting? I can't believe that I'm the only royalty postcard collector of the forum members and I would like to talk about the topic, maybe exchange cards with other collectors, etc.

And another question. Is there a list somewhere of addresses of royal families, to send them a letter or postcard?

The Forums are organised into specific categories so that posted material can be easily located and is relevant to the forum or subforum or thread in which it appears.
Rather than having a general postcards thread you are very welcome to post your scans in the threads relating to the subjects of the postcards.
For example, a postcard of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee should be posted in the Queen Victoria thread in the British Royal History subforum (British Royals forum); a postcard of the Saxon Royal Family should be posted in the Royal House of Saxony thread in the Royal Families of Germany and Austria subforum (Non-Reigning Houses forum).

Any communication with other members about postcard swapping should be done via private message as this is an activity unconnected to the site.

Apart from the contact addresses in the list as advised by Princess Robijn, your best bet is to check their official websites. Otherwise, send a letter to the family's principal palace or residence.

Any communication with other members about postcard swapping should be done via private message as this is an activity unconnected to the site.

This is what I thought also. Thank you for your kind answers to my question. I have also created a social group for Royalty Postcard Collectors.

I have been wondering for some time, is there a button with which one can subscribe to replies to the topic, without writing in it? I know it's a common feature on most forums... Usually I want to be informed on something, but simply don't have anything relevant or meaningful to say, and that option would be useful...

I have been wondering for some time, is there a button with which one can subscribe to replies to the topic, without writing in it? I know it's a common feature on most forums... Usually I want to be informed on something, but simply don't have anything relevant or meaningful to say, and that option would be useful...

Yes for sure we have that available.
At the top of the thread you want to subscribe to, right under the page numbers you will find 4 different drop down boxes.

Click on thread tools - 3rd option (Subscribe to this thread)

Then go to your User Cp or inbox - left hand side, under subscribed threads, click on list subscriptions.

Thanks so much dazzling! :flowers: Usually I've always seen that option available at the bottom of the page... I never thought of looking at the top :lol:

Back
Top Bottom