The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2021, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi I have a technical question. I was wondering why I cannot see my reply posted in this thread? https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...a-41228-2.html However it acknowledges that I am the last poster to reply in the thread and I can find it under my last posts when I view my profile statistics.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Hi I have a technical question. I was wondering why I cannot see my reply posted in this thread? https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...a-41228-2.html However it acknowledges that I am the last poster to reply in the thread and I can find it under my last posts when I view my profile statistics.
I've experienced the same problem in that thread of not being directed to the last post made. What I do is go to the thread and hit "reply" and then scroll down and lo and behold, there are all the posts I've not seen yet. I don't actually reply but it's one way to see what's missing.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is it your reply to Moonmaiden?

It's right there now.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it was to Moonmaiden written yesterday 10/10/21. Thank you for letting me know, but I still can't see it on my screen.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

I can't see your response either. I am guessing that it has something to do with your response being the 41st post in the thread and your response should be the top post on the next page.

ETA:
Not that this is acceptable, but the way that I was able to see your post was to type in the reply box and then preview your post and I can see your comment when I scroll down.

I am going to add a post to that thread and see if it posts mine and your post.

ETA 2:
Nope it did not work. I am listed as having made a post in that thread in the new posts listing, but when you click on it, it still stuck on the 40th comment which was posted back in August.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

TLLK, it does appear to be a problem that occurs from time to time - being unable to access the last page or a particular thread. It is a known bug that we have had for years and there is little that can be done about it. Usually a thread goes back to normal after a few hours.

On the previous page Michiru-Kaiou kindly explained that it is a known bug for vBulletin boards.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Marengo for the explanation.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:20 PM
Nobility

This happened to me several times already.
So when I have a long post, some of it sort of "disappear" after I submitted it (a paragraph or more, sometimes in the middle part of the post but more often the last part of the post), but then when I hit edit, it's still there and the missing part will appear after I save the edit. In some case I had to repeat the "edit-save edit" process several times until the full post appear without anything missing.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:20 PM
Nobility

- deleted double post -

Btw, this is also another issue I encounter when I use the "quick reply" instead of the "advance" one. It ends up as two (identical) posts even though I only hit the button once. Not always though, so maybe just another bugs.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It's that time of the year again. Poltergeists. Must be poltergeists!

(ducks and runs for cover)

Tags
getting logged off, mail, mailing, settings, unsubscribe