The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2020, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Does it help if you use a pop-up blocker or an add-blocker?

Old 04-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
That message is from our servers and often seen if you are browsing from outside the USA. It verifies your IP address is not known to be malicious. It should go away after a few seconds. If it's not can you tell me something about your device and we may be able to investigate.
It's not a problem - it does redirect me to the forum properly. The thing is I didn't have that earlier, but in fact the only reason, why I opened the forum through the PC is that I cannot access it through the app anymore and I think that's the biggest problem now.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:50 AM
Serene Highness

^^^previousYou are correct. I have access via the website. I prefer use the apps as I move around a lot and don’t carry my laptop with me. The app used to be easy, quick and simple to use. Please can someone look into this?
Old 04-20-2020, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

I still have no access to TRF via the Apps. Also no response from the app developers or the Forums. I find it strange that some app users are having difficulty, and others not.

At this point it seems the only option open to me is to delete my account. I have tried everything I can think of. But sadly, no solution and no help.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Hello!
Could use a bit of tech help.

For the past few weeks I keep having issues when I refresh a thread. It may be fine for a few times, but than all of the sudden I get an error message.
I contacted the help desk for the website, they were very kind, they claim the issue is not on their end, but were of no subsequent help, in fact the advice they gave me was to delete my cookies and history, which I foolishly did, unaware it will also delete all my open tabs!!

I am using iPhone 8, iOS 11.3 safari. I am outside the US.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A703C8E-56F6-4555-BC88-B6A184414FD0.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	302188  
Old 06-26-2020, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The protection went up a notch. Now I need to do two captcha exercises multiple times a day to be able to read and post at TRF
Old 06-26-2020, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

No such thing for me.
I just log on automatically as always.
Both via phone and PC.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The protection went up a notch. Now I need to do two captcha exercises multiple times a day to be able to read and post at TRF
That comes to me, too.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
No such thing for me.
I just log on automatically as always.
Both via phone and PC.
You probably didn't have the 'cloudfare' 5 sec delay so far either. It seems it depends on the country and Denmark is apparently considered more trustworthy than Suriname
Old 06-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You probably didn't have the 'cloudfare' 5 sec delay so far either. It seems it depends on the country and Denmark is apparently considered more trustworthy than Suriname
Dunno.

Never heard about the cloudfare delay either.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Dunno.

Never heard about the cloudfare delay either.
Count yourself lucky; as it is a real issue for some members...

It is getting increasingly frustrating if it shows up right after you hit reply and somehow loose all that you typed (which happened to me yesterday after I wrote a long reply for one of the Luxembourg threads).

For those in the same position; today I found out that hitting the 'back' button a few times got me back to my original reply, so I was able to post it in the second attempt.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never had that problem but instead I have problems with not getting any notifications to my Android phone (which I use to access the forums 99% of the time) or when people reply to or quote my posts or send me private messages, I can't cut out parts of posts without first posting and then choose to edit, I can't always get links to Instagram and Facebook to work and I can only see individually linked pictures from Belga Image but never galleries.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Count yourself lucky; as it is a real issue for some members...

It is getting increasingly frustrating if it shows up right after you hit reply and somehow loose all that you typed (which happened to me yesterday after I wrote a long reply for one of the Luxembourg threads).

For those in the same position; today I found out that hitting the 'back' button a few times got me back to my original reply, so I was able to post it in the second attempt.
There are a couple of things you can try to help with this...

1. Use a regular web browser like chrome or firefox.

2. as you login click the 'remember me' box

3. Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. If cookies are purged during your session you will be logged out and have to go through the whole cloudflare thing again .
Old 06-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
There are a couple of things you can try to help with this...

1. Use a regular web browser like chrome or firefox.

2. as you login click the 'remember me' box

3. Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. If cookies are purged during your session you will be logged out and have to go through the whole cloudflare thing again .
Thanks for looking into this and trying to help out.

1. I'm using Microsoft Edge; is that not sufficiently regular? Should I change to Chrome for TRF (as I don't have firefox; and already have 3 different browsers on my laptop)?

2. I am always logged in, so I'm afraid that doesn't solve the problem.

3. How do I check this? As I said, I never log out but it still happens while I am logged in and move from one topic to another or when I'm trying to post a reply.

Thanks again!

And at least I got a picture of a Dutch train this time (I've seen more trains and umbrellas in the last few days than over the last year )
Old 07-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Hi All - I too am experiencing issues with Cloudflare on my iPhone and iPad. Before TRF apps were easy and convenient to use on these devices. But now, Cloudflare redirects me to the website, and the apps are of no use. Not sure why this is happening, but it’s really frustrating. I hope this can be fixed soon.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Has the thread about the Sussex's legal case been deleted or am I living in some parallel universe or just too tired ready for the weekend to find it? lol
Old 07-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Has the thread about the Sussex's legal case been deleted or am I living in some parallel universe or just too tired ready for the weekend to find it? lol
I guess the latter as it is easy to find in the 'recent discussions': Harry and Meghan Legal Action
Old 07-02-2020, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh hey! I'm blaming too long in lockdown! Thank you!
Old 08-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

What's up with the 'popular tags'? It includes really weird tags (Jumma; interesting), tags that only have 1 topic related to it without even one reply (Anastasia once upon a time; #royalrelatives #royalgenes) and even non-existent tags (startling new evidence; cover-up)! So, how can those be the most popular tags?
Old 08-23-2020, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

My hunch is that the tags expire after x years and only relatively recent tags show up. For years we had Crown Princess Victoria as the most used tag, which should still be the case today considering the high number of threads in her subforum. I will ask the technical team and let you know if the reason is different.

Tags
getting logged off, mail, mailing, settings, unsubscribe