General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good day - I need some help please. I am unable to access TRF on my apps, both phone and tablet. The message given: Login failed. Have deleted/reinstalled the app, turned devices off/on, cleared caches. No luck. Is the app still in use? Thanks, C4A
I'm on the Android app on my phone. There are some small glitches everyday, but it works fine. Though I've noticed that about once every one or two months it stops working so I have to delete and download it again.

Hope you get help soon, but I didn't know the Royal Forums had an App available for phones, like other social media platforms. I have an android, is the App in the android stores like Google play, Windows, Amazon's?

I would like to make sure is legit and made by and approved for this forum before I download it, too.

Hope you get help soon, but I didn't know the Royal Forums had an App available for phones, like other social media platforms. I have an android, is the App in the android stores like Google play, Windows, Amazon's?

I would like to make sure is legit and made by and approved for this forum before I download it, too.
Yes, there is and it is safe. Just go to google play and search for "the royal community"

Short question - could you update the avatar pics ? I feel they are severally out dated. Or Am I the only one still using the pics?

I think that is why we never updated them, thinking members preferred to select their own one. But it would be nice to have a few new ones perhaps.

I have just tried to make some changes to the avatar but got a system failure. The tech team has been contacted so let's see if it can be fixed.

I think that is why we never updated them, thinking members preferred to select their own one. But it would be nice to have a few new ones perhaps.

I have just tried to make some changes to the avatar but got a system failure. The tech team has been contacted so let's see if it can be fixed.

When I returned a couple months ago under the temporary name Anscadar I had to make a new avatar because the ones I saw were, as it was mentioned, a bit outdated. When I found my password from 2007 and you helped me to be restored and merged with my old self Toledo, my last avatar was still there so I kept if for sentimental reasons.

Can we donate spare avatars to be considered for the general carousel if users don't have or don't know how to make one? Maybe separated by theme like crowns, palaces, historical royal paintings, banners or standards, etc?

For example, this site I saw recommended within my social media account of books is a free to use and download catalog of potential avatars if resized to required size. This is the page for free crowns of all forms and shapes, they are in PNG form, so background is transparent:
crowns

castles

Heraldry

problems

I cant seem to post in private mesages, esp I cant do replies to PMs

Have you checked the number of messages in your PM box? Do you have too many?

Ive deleted a few. I have a new computer and it is not working well.... or mabye the RF is running a bit slow rihgt now I nm not sure

Do you have an add blocker?
If so, try another one.

I changed my add blocker last week because it began to block vital scripts from loading, including necessary pop ups.
In the end it took forever to load a page, if it even loaded completely at all.

Did a check for virus, checked the modem, checked the connection, checked updates. The problem was solved after I changed my add blocker.

Eml

Why am not allowed to submit birthday wishes on the Birthday thread

Last edited by a moderator:
What thread exactly is the problem?

Last edited:
Is there a way to see who/when I sent “Thanks”?
Thank you ~

Last edited:
:previous:

No, unfortunately not. You can only see who has sent "thanks" to you, not the other way round. You may have already found it, if not: click on "User CP" top left and below "User Notifications" and "New Subscribed Threads" you'll find "Latest Thanks Received" with thread, date, username, and comment in case one has been made.

I have no idea if this is just me, or if anyone else is having this problem, but I can't get page 103 of the "Spare" thread to load. Any suggestions?

I can't get page 110 of the same thread to load.

:previous:

That's a problem that occurs regularly and unfortunately there's no solution for it. All you can do is wait until it is over. Not everyone is experiencing the same problem at the same time, it differs.

If you look back at the previous pages of this thread you'll see that several members have reported the problem in various threads before.

See also this reply from 2021:

TLLK, it does appear to be a problem that occurs from time to time - being unable to access the last page or a particular thread. It is a known bug that we have had for years and there is little that can be done about it. Usually a thread goes back to normal after a few hours.

On the previous page Michiru-Kaiou kindly explained that it is a known bug for vBulletin boards.

If you look back at the previous pages of this thread you'll see that several members have reported the problem in various threads before.

See also this reply from 2021:

Thanks for the info! Glad it's not just me lol :flowers:

Is there a problem with the Royal Forums app? I seem to have trouble with it. I tried to delete and download it again, but no luck

Back
Top Bottom