General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edits don't show in the "Edited by..." line if you edit a post immediately after you post it. Is this what might be happening, or are edits not showing even if you wait a while before making them?

Elspeth the Quick Links are still driving me up the wall. I found them so useful, but now they are so so slow, am I the only complaining? Sorry if I am, but as I said it is driving me crazeeeee.

I'm not sure what to tell you - I've just tested the Quick Links by logging in with a spare account that we use to test things like this, and it wasn't making me wait. Have you done all the usual things like clearing your browser cache and your cookies?

Thanks Elspeth, I will try that. It might do the trick, I haven´t done this for a "while"...

Posting letters or cards of royals

Hi, I have a question refering posting letters or cards. Are they copyright and it's not allowed to scan and post them? Or are they free, so that we can post a scan here?

Thank you for your help.

principessa

The copyright might vary from country to country. But in the USA, copyright would belong to the sender, as far as I can tell.

I don't think the copyright owner would be as protective as a photo agency or photographer with income to protect, but if you were sent a card or letter by a royal, it's probably best to ask for permission before posting a scan here.

Post/message lengths

Hi mods and admins! I have two questions:

1. How many lines can our signatures accomodate now? I remember the previous limit was four lines, but looking at my new siggy I think it's been increased.

2. I use Mozilla Firefox and I got a message saying I need at least 10 characters in a post while using the Quick Reply box. My original post (in the Food Game thread) was "Pecans, Q" and got a pop-up saying my message was too short and that posts should be at least 10 characters. I have never encountered this with IE. Is it just Firefox, or is it with VBulletin?

Thanks in advance!:flowers:

1. It's still four lines, but PoM reps get an extra line or two if they want to advertise the PoM poll. And members of the mod/admin teams get an extra few lines if they want to post links to the rules and the PoM and the newsletter and so on as well as having a regular signature.

2. As far as I know, that's just the way it's set up for this forum. It happens in IE too. It's to stop people making posts that are just "LOL" or "yes" or a couple of smilies.

:previous: Thanks Elspeth for clearing that up! Will keep them in mind. ;)

Why the new posts dissappear? When I came in today there was 7 x 25 options and suddenly all dissappears and only 2 or 4 or 6 options are left, the most possibly boring. :bang:

What seems to be the problem? :cool:

Is it racism? :D

Which thread are you referring to?

And no, I'm sure it isn't racism.

When I Write something

When I write something, that some unknown German does not like, my screen goes white then comes a sign that says FEHLER german word for error. It comes from grapejellycloud dot com, when I look for that I am told it does not exsist. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this still happening to anyone else? I think we were getting feedback a while ago that this problem was sorted, but it's possible that it's rearing its head again.

Take care! Warning!

When I write something, that some unknown German does not like, my screen goes white then comes a sign that says FEHLER german word for error. It comes from Welcome to grapejellycloud dot com, when I look for that I am told it does not exsist. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

ed by Warren: link has been deactivated.

WARNING! Do not open the above address,unless you want a virus!
It happened again this morning,but this time it did not shut me out of the internet,and it was in English.:bang::bang::bang::bang: I do not Know if it is the same bunch in Hamburg that was stealing money from my checking account, or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I have been getting is when I click to reply to a post, I have to refresh the page to put the reply. I thought my computer had been hacked, but when I used a secure PC and line, the problem was still there.

Have you cleared your cache and all that good stuff?

Chaz, this problem of yours isn't related to TRF, right?

Have you cleared your cache and all that good stuff?
My cookies, cache and temp internet files are cleared each time I exit the internet and I have used other computers and encountered the same problem only on TRF.:ermm:

Chaz, this problem of yours isn't related to TRF, right?
Well, Elspeth I think it may be, when I strike the submit or send message, is usually when it happens. Thank you Warren for eliminating that jelly thing, I did not know it would do what it did when I typed in the email address, since it was always unknown when I tried to find it on the internet.:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Hi, I would like to change my username. Where can I change it to a different username? Thanks. :)

Chantal, have a look at the post above yours. You have too many posts and have been here too long to change your username unless your current name is your real name and you want to change it for security reasons. If that's the case, please PM me or one of the other admins.

How does one go about changing their username?

PM one of the admins. Or read post 2 of this thread and then PM one of the admins.

This site won't let me post anything with my username. It says that it needs to be 10 characters long or is too short it just won't let me post anywhere help?

Bryan, the text of your post needs to be at least 10 characters long. I don't think it has to do with your username. What were you trying to post when you got the error message?

it was like i was being silenced the site would not let me post anywhere on the site. i even tried to post private messages and it would not let me. I even tried to go to the chat room and it would not let me. i was wondering if anyone has an explanation for this i thought it was kind of weired.

The text was 10 characters long and it wasn't too short but it was giving me the error messages anyway.

Well, you're posting OK now, right? I mean, the system is letting you post in this thread. It may be some weird glitch, is all I can think of.

I have been having problems for the last two days with log-ins. I will either log-in and then immediately get directed back to the user name and password screen (I've checked my caps lock, etc), or I will type a reply, hit post, and then discover that I wasn't logged in (even though I had just logged in, and didn't minimize or flip between windows). HELP!

Did you you click the 'remember me' box when you logged in? This is important because some IP providers use what are called "shifting IPs" to connect you to the internet.
If 'remember me' is not ticked, when you refresh a page or click to navigate somewhere the TRF server may request you to re-identify yourself.

Back
Top Bottom