General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Do you mean the subscription bar as seen below roseroyal? If yes, then there is no charge for the emails - it is simply a subscription to the news feed which comes off the main page blog. There should also be an 'unsubscribe' option at the bottom of the email, if it turns out you did hit the subscription button.

Yes, that is what I meant. Turns out I did not subscribe. All is good. Because I can read the news feed here, I will not get the emails. But good to know my options, and that it is free. Thanks....

How does one copy and paste links when using a Kindle? And how does one open two separate windows so one can cut and paste?

Unfortunately, I cannot see the video. Can somebody explain the process to me? Thanks.....

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth many times more.
Copy and paste (or type) this into the YouTube search box:

Kindle Fire HD: How to Cut, Copy, and Paste

I do not own a Kindle and actually know very little about them. During one commercial for them, the screen shot showed a text field and a QWERTY keyboard and that got me to thinking that perhaps Kindle supports "hot keys" for functions.

A lot of time when I want to copy/paste something here I drag my mouse over the text to highlight what I want. Ctrl-C will copy it and Ctrl-V pastes it. Just remember Copy and Verbatim. :D

Might not work.. it might work. Worth a shot anyways.

Edit: Thankfully it seems to have gone for now, but if it ever happens again, could someone tell me how I could fix it?

I was looking at the current events thread for Albert and Paola of Belgium today and noticed that a fairly large add appeared at the top right hand corner of my screen. There is no X so I can't exit it. I am unable to view the threads that the add covers up and I'm also unable to see the first two sentanaces of my post when I reply.

Here is a screenshot of what it's like:

Attachments

• screenshot add.jpg
    screenshot add.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Advert for chrome plastering every page

Advert for chrome is plastering every page is anyone else seeing this as it is really annoying:angry:

Might just be me but I can't see any of the Abdication/Inauguration threads in the side bar? Is this because they're in a separate section? This also happened to be with the wedding threads in the past.

Same thing is happening with the belgian abdication thread?

Threads in the Belgian Abdication & Installation subforum should now appear in the side bar.

What is the grey thing that looks like a paper clip in the ratings column next to each thread?

What is the grey thing that looks like a paper clip in the ratings column next to each thread?

No of attachments. If you hover your cursor over it, it tells you

I was logged into the Royal forums this afternoon when my laptop decided to die
Will it have automatically have logged me out.
Logged in via Kindle at the moment...

I was logged into the Royal forums this afternoon when my laptop decided to die
Will it have automatically have logged me out.
Logged in via Kindle at the moment...

Depends if you ticked the keep me logged in box.

Is that the same as the remember me box?

It does not really- I worry too much about these things.

Ive have been known to stay logged in on both my desk top and i-pad. thats probbly the wrong thing to do :)

Where did you find that link?

It popped up when I was looking at one of the threads this afternoon. Do not remember clicking on anything, though that doesn't mean I didn't. Do not remember what thread.

Does anyone know what section I can post a general thread about The Rothschild family? This family is almost like royalty in that they are rich, have different branch/houses and are powerful and influential. I was thinking of creating one in the same area the Kennedy Family thread is, but I'm not necessarily looking for news, just info.

The Royal Genealogy has threads about aristocratic and noble families including one called French ( non Royal) families which has several posts about the French branch of the Rothschild family. You could start a new thread which would cover the Rothschild family as a whole.
They are a very interesting dynasty. I recently read the biography about Nica, the "Jazz baroness" who gave up her position in society and emmigrated to the USA to support the jazz pianist Thelonius Monk.
Waddesdon Manor in Buckinghamshire which was built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild and is now open to the public, is a beautiful French chateau which contains many wonderful items collected by the English branch of the family.

Last edited:
I've had an annoying problem on TRF today.

I'm using Firefox.

When I enter TRF on most pages the PC freeze while waiting for a shockwave flash plugin to load. Apparantly from cm.g.doubleclick.net

After a few seconds the usual box comes up: do I want to wait or ignore. I ignore of course. But it happens again and again. Presumably due to different adverts trying to load.

It's fine with adverts and all that, but please, ask the webmaster hosting the adds to get a move on.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the situation you have described but as regards to ads, in all respects they are entirely the province of [-]the Google masters[/-] the benevolent Google Inc.

I've had an annoying problem on TRF today.

I'm using Firefox.

When I enter TRF on most pages the PC freeze while waiting for a shockwave flash plugin to load. Apparantly from cm.g.doubleclick.net

After a few seconds the usual box comes up: do I want to wait or ignore. I ignore of course. But it happens again and again. Presumably due to different adverts trying to load.

It's fine with adverts and all that, but please, ask the webmaster hosting the adds to get a move on.

I think it may have been a Firefox issue; I use it too. 80% of my yahoo homepage was on the fritz (not/slow loading) yesterday. This AM there was a message from Yahoo urging me to upgrade to Firefox 26 (I think that's the version). I think it was Yahoo's polite way of saying Firefox has a problem that can be fixed.

I think it may have been a Firefox issue; I use it too. 80% of my yahoo homepage was on the fritz (not/slow loading) yesterday. This AM there was a message from Yahoo urging me to upgrade to Firefox 26 (I think that's the version). I think it was Yahoo's polite way of saying Firefox has a problem that can be fixed.

I found I had similar issues when I was using Firefox and it would make my computer run as if it was still on a 300 baud modem.

Solution: I switched to Chrome. I like it much better. :D

I also have an issue with TRF. When I log in, I automatically get logged out after a while. Sometimes, when I log back in, I get logged out three minutes later. I've clicked on the "remember me" button a few times and I still get logged out automatically. It's quite irritating (particularly when I'm in the middle of typing a post) - any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since yesterday some very irritating adds have appeared whenever I log in to the forums. A sidebar pops up every time I load a new page; this is particularly annoying when I'm trying to reply to a thread and also when I'm checking the new threads, as I have to exit the sidebar all the time. I think the adds are related to TRF, although they do appear when I enter some other royalty related sites too. (When I go onto non royalty related websites, the adds disappear.)

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how I could resolve it. I have tried uninstalling the programme that the adds are linked to, but without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is deeply annoying! :bang:

P.S = Here's a screenshot:

Attachments

• add.jpg
    add.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom