General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello fellow royal followers, I am sure that this question has been asked before but I have no idea where to start. I have been a member of this forum for years and very rarely had any difficulties but.......today.........the little box that states who I am, when I last visited and how many new posts had been made, has disappeared. Any clues as to its whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
One of the Admins or Moderators will probably answer your question better; however, all the information about the quantity and times of your posts can be found under the "Statistics" section in your profile. A snip of how your statistics page looks.
Similarly, the information about you can be found under the "About Me" section.

Hello fellow royal followers, I am sure that this question has been asked before but I have no idea where to start. I have been a member of this forum for years and very rarely had any difficulties but.......today.........the little box that states who I am, when I last visited and how many new posts had been made, has disappeared. Any clues as to its whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It should be in the upper right corner of the forum just below the TRF Crest. If you aren't seeing it, changes are good that you are not logged in.

if I open TRF on shared computer , I must not put Tick on Remember Me ? or I must put ?
Thank You !

Ticking 'remember me' ensures you remain connected to the TRF server while you are logged in.
If you log in to any computer that is not your own (or is shared) you must always log off from every application that you have logged into once you are finished. Otherwise your password(s) and privacy are at risk.

Upcoming Events for the Next 30 Day(s)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this;)

On the Upcoming Events for the Next 30 Day(s), is a bit annoying, and I think the Adm should try to change that. When you click on some random birthday`s there, for instance: Grand Duke Henri 04-15-2012...but his birthday is the 16th April...It seems like everybody have the birthday the day after is says on the Upcoming Events.

TRF is a forum with an international membership that spans the globe and many time zones. For me it is now Tuesday the 17th because I'm in Australia; for a large proportion of members it is still Monday the 16th and will remain so for many more hours.

So the date depends on where you are in the world at a particular point in time. Alternatively, I can state that today (NOW) is Monday and Tuesday, the 16th and the 17th of April. While correct in a global context, it is imprecise and confusing.

I've checked one well-known birthday and it displays correctly:
Birthday of Elizabeth II: 04-21-2012 (or as I would write it: 21-4-2012)

Last edited:
Changing user name

I originally joined this forum years ago, when I was much younger, and have used my full name (as it was back then) as my user name. I'd rather have a less distinctive name as my user name, if possible.

Please help so i can start posting!

You shouldn't have problems with changing your username since according to this post in Admin section: "If a username is a potential security risk (such as the member's full name), it can be changed at any time." In addition, "Members ... may also make one change of username as long as their total post count is 50 or lower."

You must contact an Administrator with the request. Some of the current Admins you can contact are JessRulz, Marengo, Warren, and Zonk.

Last edited:
Some forums I post on have a thread for announcing changes to one's avatar. I'm not at all saying this forum should do that just because other forums do but I wonder if we have such a thread. I looked around and did not see it.

Think I need an eye doctor?*

Usually when perusing the forums, I use the page number box to turn to the next page. Today in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee thread, I click on 13 and it keeps sending me back to the start of page #12. What would cause this?

I was wondering whether I'm the only one with this problem.
When I click on images hosted via Imagevenue or Imageshack, I open them without problems. However, alongside the images, another window pops up with highly unsuitable content. I have that problem with all pictures from the two host services mentioned.

The issues with corrupted Supload, Imagevenue and to a lesser extent Imageshack pics have been around for some time - refer this page.

The issues with corrupted Supload, Imagevenue and to a lesser extent Imageshack pics have been around for some time - refer this page.
Thanks for the response, Warren. :flowers:
You have previously mentioned that if something of the nature occurs, we have to report the post; do we still have to do that?

Last edited:
Yes, please :flowers:

- if the pictures have been irredeemably corrupted we don't want them on the site.

Once they are reported we'll check them out and if necessary delete them so that other members don't inadvertently stumble across them.
Some of the corrupted images can be very unpleasant.

This may have been addressed already ,but how come threads don't roll over if I'm subscribed to them? I always have to subscribed to the newest thread when the old one gets full. I'm just wondering because I'm on other forums with rollover threads and my subscription box will always update to include the new thread, rather than force me to hunt up the new one in the forum.

There is something that bothers me all the time; I hope I can make myself clear. When I view a thread and I want to go back to the board the thread is located in, there is no button at the end of a thread where I can immediately go to that board. I always have to scroll to the top of the page and click on the name of the board in the "directory tree". Am I missing something or is there really no such button?

Currently this is not available but we will look into the possibility of adding this. Thanks for asking :)

I've been having varying degrees of trouble with the site when I'm on my laptop lately. An initial page will load, but if I click anywhere else like to another thread the page will take ages to load and will then only load words with no icons or pictures to respond to. Everything else on my laptop works fine. Anything I can do maybe?

:previous:
Clearing the cache and history is always a good place to start, although there's no guarantee it will resolve your particular issue.

I've been having varying degrees of trouble with the site when I'm on my laptop lately. An initial page will load, but if I click anywhere else like to another thread the page will take ages to load and will then only load words with no icons or pictures to respond to. Everything else on my laptop works fine. Anything I can do maybe?

Lumutqueen - I have had the same problem, intermittently, using Firefox. A reboot usually fixes it (which also clears my cache and history). My Firefox updates automatically - and in the past several months I have noticed this happens more immediately after an update.

Lumutqueen - I have had the same problem, intermittently, using Firefox. A reboot usually fixes it (which also clears my cache and history). My Firefox updates automatically - and in the past several months I have noticed this happens more immediately after an update.

I had this problem constantly when I was using Firefox. It got to the point of being so bad (not only here but anywhere) that even restarting Firefox with minimal add ons and such didn't help much. I ended up switching over to Chrome which works a whole lot better for me.

Hey can someone tell me how to start a new thread? I am not getting it..

Last edited by a moderator:
vkrish said:
Hey can someone tell me how to start a new thread? I am not getting it..
There is a button at the top of the each section of threads to create a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to create a new thread

At the top of every 'Threads in Forum' list there is a blue 'New Thread' button.

newthread.gif

To create a new thread just click on it.

> But please first check that there is not already an existing thread which covers the same or similar territory as your proposed thread.

v thumbnail illustration

Attachments

• New thread.jpg
    New thread.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 352
Thanks Lumutqueen and Warren..I got it and I already started a new thread..But no one bothered to post a single reply..:bang:

..But no one bothered to post a single reply..:bang:
Well, I was going to suggest you show some patience as sometimes it may take a little while before interested members get around to reading your post, formulating a response and actually posting it. But after having a look at your question about protocol during State Visits I'd suggest that one reason for the lack of immediate response may be that you substantially answered the question yourself.

Concerning what occurs in the other two countries you mentioned in your post, you may find the various State Visit threads in the Belgian and Dutch Forums to be useful and helpful sources of information.

I'm sorry to be a further dampener but your new thread has since been merged into the pre-existing Protocol and Etiquette thread in the 'Royal Ceremony and Protocol' sub-forum as your topic fits neatly into that thread's overall subject matter.

ETA... to finish on a more upbeat note, your question regarding video links has not gone unnoticed and has received two replies. :)

Last edited:
Oh Warren, you have bothered so much to look into my problem..I really appreciate ur concern. Ur reply is both witty and encouraging..

There used to be a thread/sticky about 'Questions about Sources' and what was considered trusted, etc a while ago, which I cant seem to find. As I recall, Elspeth was the one who handled it. I searched by her name, but I dont see it. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom