Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems with the app on their iPad. I have reinstalled it as the back button continually freezes, but there's no improvement. I'm thinking I'll abandon using the app altogether and just access the forums through my Internet browser.

I too am having problems with iPad app. Right 2 inches of screen is "dead". Very frustrating!

Grrr it continues to freeze. Any updates due to fix possible bugs?

Grrr it continues to freeze. Any updates due to fix possible bugs?

I'm sorry you are having trouble... The last release was indeed, buggy. A newer version has been pushed out for android but the Ipad version hasn't been released yet. In the meantime the suggested work around is to turn your device in portrait orientation before launching the app. :flowers:

Thank you for this. Will try your suggestion and await the iPad version.

I am also experiencing the same problem, Elly C, since the app has been updated for iPad. The back button does not respond. The app works fine on the iPhone, however, but then it hasn't been updated there. I really hope they fix it quickly, because it's VERY frustrating!!

I am also experiencing the same problem, Elly C, since the app has been updated for iPad. The back button does not respond. The app works fine on the iPhone, however, but then it hasn't been updated there. I really hope they fix it quickly, because it's VERY frustrating!!

I am experiencing the exact same issues. It works great on my iPhone but is dead on the iPad. Im glad to know its not just me! Hope the issue is resolved soon!

It appears I am not having any problems with my iPad. This post was done on my iPad.

Thanks, Janet H,it does help to use the iPad in portrait orientation. Hope they fix it soon, though...

I've just managed to get on to TRF on my phone, after trying all morning and getting Parse Error constantly. Can't be my phone can it?

Just thought I'd add that using the app in portrait mode helps solve the navigation problem fo rme too- thank you, but I can't post from it.

Samsung App

Dear All,
Do you know if there is any app of the royals forum for the Samsung phones?

iPad App problems

I have deleted and re- installed the iPad App so many times I have lost count. The problem is that I can not "go back" or return to the previous page when I am searching the forums. When I select a thread I can't look at a previous page number of the thread. The return tab at the upper right corner does not work.

Second problem: often I can not open the forums tab located at the bottom of the App page. All of the other tabs open up execpt the forums tab.

Third problem: I don't know how this happens but I get a black vertical column on the entire left side of my computer page. I can not see any navigation tabs on the right side of my computer screen. I can't get rid of the black column. This makes my computer page smaller.

As I have posted before, I have similar problems - I have an ipad 2, perhaps later versions don't experience the same difficulties. We have been assured that an update is on its way - in the meantime I tend to use the web version rather than the app.

It is not previous pages that I have problems with viewing, it is going back to the previously viewed thread. I can tap on a page number and open it up, that is going forward. I see them at the top of the page. What I mean by problems "going back" is to try to return to the thread that preceded the one currently being viewed.

My iPad is two weeks old and the most current version.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems with the app on their iPad. I have reinstalled it as the back button continually freezes, but there's no improvement. I'm thinking I'll abandon using the app altogether and just access the forums through my Internet browser.

I have this problem and it is constant. Drives me crazy.

New problem. Opened up TRF in the iPad app and I was switched over to the regular Internet site.

New problem. The tabs or icons at the bottom of the iPad app work in landscape but not in portrait.

New problem. Opened up TRF in the iPad app and I was switched over to the regular Internet site.

New problem. The tabs or icons at the bottom of the iPad app work in landscape but not in portrait.

First problem; sometimes if you clicked in certain places you can be directed to the normal site.
Second problem; no idea, these problems seem quite specific to you so you may want to reboot your iPad. I'm on my 2nd Gen iPad now and I have none of those problems.

I'm sorry you are having trouble... The last release was indeed, buggy. A newer version has been pushed out for android but the Ipad version hasn't been released yet. In the meantime the suggested work around is to turn your device in portrait orientation before launching the app. :flowers:
Agogo, this is the message I received when I reported my problems. I don' t think there's anything much else you can do to improve your experience with the app at the moment.

You're obviously one of the lucky ones Lumutqueen, but others are not so.

Agogo, this is the message I received when I reported my problems. I don' t think there's anything much else you can do to improve your experience with the app at the moment.

You're obviously one of the lucky ones Lumutqueen, but others are not so.

But I don't get how I'm lucky, we all have the same ap so I should have problems as well?

Yes it is weird, but the same kind of thing happened when Apple recently upgraded to their latest ios - the Apple forums were full of people who were experiencing a range of problems yet having the same iPad.

Your second problem also occurs for me, with my 2nd gen iPad. In landscape, most icons at the bottom respond except for the ones on the right hand side, in fact no buttons on the right third of the screen work for me in this mode, including the next page button. If I turn it portrait they will work, but turning it portrait the opposite way, they don't. Eventually, by rotating the iPad and testing if the buttons respond, I can get the app to work fully! Frustrating!

I am a new member of this forum -enjoying to read the interesting discussions at this nice place.

However I have some trouble with the app on my IPad. As other users are describing the buttons won't respond in landscape. Furthermore the Log In button doesn't respond in neither portrait nor landscape - which means I can't log in on the IPad app at all. I now use the Web version - but I miss the advantages of the app.

I use the app with no trouble at all on my IPhone.

There has been an update to the app which has solved issues of using the forums on iPad - well it has for me thanks!

There has been an update to the app which has solved issues of using the forums on iPad - well it has for me thanks!

Problems solved for me as well with new update of the app - thank you !

Back
Top Bottom