If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you be a little bit more exact in your directions Warren.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Could you be a little bit more exact in your directions Warren.
This is how I found them, there is no context apart from a problem with custom avatars.
I think it means that when you have loaded the custom avatar and it is showing in the User CP, but not in a post, go back to User CP and try pressing/clicking these buttons. The logic is that the avatar is loaded, but not showing. This instruction is an attempt to lock the avatar in by loading it from a different part of the internet storage space. I'm not technical so I can't explain it any better.

I don't know if it will work; I thought it worthwhile to give it a go. It is a vBulletin problem; there may (or may not) be a work-around.

lise said:
That the problem I had when I tried to get an avatar.
Just be careful to only press the 'Save changes' button once.
When you press 'Save changes', the screen refreshes but takes you back to the bottom where the 'Save changes' button is displayed.
If you press 'Save changes' again, you actually undo what you have done, and receive an error message.

Warren said:
I picked this up elsewhere. I think it refers to when the avatar is showing in 'Edit Avatar' in the User Control Panel, but not in posts on the Board.
Give it a try if you are having this problem, and see if it works.

Warren

Press or click the refresh button while holding the shift and ctrl key together, then the avatar will download from internet instead of from internet cache stored on the computer.

I tried it:

I clicked "Browse," and uploaded the pic from my computer. I clicked "Save Changes." Then, I held down SHIFT and CTRL, and then clicked on Refresh.

Nothing happened. I can still see my picture on CP, but not on my posts.

I guess it's not only a vBulletin problem but also seems to depend on the settings of the computer. I got the impression that for some members it's possible to change custom avatars and for some it's not. So we still have to hope for the software fix.

BTW the refresh/shift/control-thing didn't work for me either ...

I know technical problems can be very frustrating, and not being able to upload one's personal avatar is disappointing.
However, there are a huge number of ready-made avatars to be browsed over 19 pages here.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Thanks so much, Warren!

But, I used one of those, and it still didn't show up.

Last edited:
Warren said:
Just be careful to only press the 'Save changes' button once.
When you press 'Save changes', the screen refreshes but takes you back to the bottom where the 'Save changes' button is displayed.
If you press 'Save changes' again, you actually undo what you have done, and receive an error message.

Thanks Warren.

Mathilde, you had that avatar saved as your profile picture, not your avatar, so I changed it for you. It ought to show up as your avatar now.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
Mathilde, you had that avatar saved as your profile picture, not your avatar, so I changed it for you. It ought to show up as your avatar now.

Thank you so much for your help, Elspeth! :)

I have too a problem with my avatar but I don't know if it's related to the general problem.

I've uploaded a personal avatar from my computer.

The initial uploading process poses no problem, however, the avatar does not show up.

At least I don't see it.

Do you?

Could this be a faulty board setting or is it just my personal computer that's acting funny?

Thanks.

avator not showing up

I have an avator selected and it showed up on my posts for a little while and now it doesnt... What should i do to fix this problem?

Probably the best thing to do for the moment is to pick an avatar from one of the galleries while the custom avatars are causing problems for some of the members.

yea its still not working,I am hopin one day to see my avatar :(

I was wondering if anyone who has been having problems uploading a customized avatar could try again and let me know any error messages or problems you are getting.

Andy has been working on the avatar gallery and we would appreciate any feedback anyone could give us.

Thanks!

It seems to work now. Without doing anything my avatar now is to see. Thank you for fixing it :)

Excellent to hear Gladys! I will let Andy know -- I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that he's fixed the problem, too!

It appears that every "problem post" in this thread now has a visible avatar.
All fixed?

Nope. My custom avatar still isn't working.

BeatrixFan said:
Nope. My custom avatar still isn't working.
I should have known. :)

lol. Although, I'm quite happy with my Pierre one at the moment.

And, as you can see from her posts, Alexandria's avatar has done a disappearing act too. She says she can't even get one of the gallery ones to stick at the moment.

Andy was working on the system yesterday and apparently didn't quite catch all the bugs.

I'm not able to get a custom avatar at the moment as well, although the ones in the gallery work fine.

Customized avatars redux ... Could everyone who was having problems with a customized avatar please try again?

Earlier in the week I had a customized avatar, then Andy worked on things and I lost my customized avatar. But now Andy is working on things again and I have my customized avatar back.

So, I am wondering if during Andy's last visit, those who were able to finally upload a custom avatar (when I lost mine) might have lost those capabilities in today's fix up session.

Or, the best case scenario: Everyone can upload a custom avatar if they so choose.

Feedback is important to help resolve this issue, so the more the better!

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Still nothing. But now everyone knows where I live.

What error are you getting? Please copy and paste.

Thanks,

Andy

BeatrixFan said:
Still nothing. But now everyone knows where I live.
Yes, "London" is such a giveaway! We'll be knocking on your front door before you know it. Anyway, haven't you moved yet? :)

Andy R said:
What error are you getting? Please copy and paste.

Thanks,

Andy

There's no error. The custom avatar uploads perfectly, it just doesn't appear anywhere but in the Control Panel - not in my profile nor in my posts.

Back
Top Bottom