April 2005 Newsletter

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
THE ROYAL FORUMS NEWSLETTER

A Baby's Poem

If only you would take my hand

I could show you my magic land​
A place of eternal springtime​
This is someplace uniquely mine​

My Mommy's lap is always there

Safe and warm to banish fear​
And when I fall and scrape my knee​
Someone always comforts me​

My teddy bear and I can play

Till darkness overtakes the day​
When bedtime comes I know I'll see​
A baby's crib awaiting me​

My Mommy pins my diaper on

I know she loves her little one​

Then on her lap with Dr. Seuss

Nursery rhymes​
and Mother Goose​
I suck my thumb and close my eyes​
Mommy looks at me and smiles​

Softly kissing my forehead

She gently tucks me into bed​

And if I waken in the night

Cold and wet and filled with fright​
My Mommy is there to ease my fears​
And wipe away my little tears​

She brings my bottle of warm milk

And with a touch as soft as silk​

While Mommy hums a lullaby

My magic land I know I'll keep​
As Mommy rocks me back to sleep​

Now if my hand you cannot take

And my land you would forsake​

Judge not so harshly such as I

For fear my magic land would die.​

Author Unknown

This is an exciting year for the Royal Baby watcher. The stork has just presented Mabel will little Luana. He will visit Märtha Louise sometime in mid-April, then from June through August, he will leave a wonderful bundle of joy on Maxima’s, Marilene’s, Cristina’s and Alexia’s doorsteps. Or, should I say castle steps?

Some of these soon-to-be royal moms are on their second or third or even fourth trip into motherhood and are no doubt very busy with their toddlers just as those royal moms who are not expecting. These royal toddlers are the focus of this month’s newsletter. Join us as we discuss the special honours accorded Royal Babies.

Mandy
Royal Forums Newsletter Editor

PROFILE OF THE MONTH

Instead of our regular profile of the month, we present a Royal Babies thread for your enjoyment. I would like to thank drimal and the admin/mod team for their generous contributions to this thread.

Last edited:
THE ROYAL CALENDAR
BIRTHDAYS

HRH Sirindhorn Princess of Thailand (2 April 1955)

HRH Ubol Ratana Princess of Thailand (5 April 1951)

Jaime de Marichalar y Sáenz de Tejada, Duke of Lugo (7 April 1963)

Tatjana von Lattorff née Princess of Liechtenstein (10 April 1973)

HSH Marie Princess of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau (14 April 1940)

HRH Prince Philippe Duke of Brabant (15 April 1960)

HM Margrethe II Queen of Denmark (16 April 1940)

HRH Henri Grand Duke of Luxembourg (16 April 1955)

HRH Sébastien Prince of Luxembourg (16 April 1992)

HIH Princess Sayako of Japan (Nori-no-miya Sayako Naishinno) (18 April 1969)

HSH Prince Georg of Liechtenstein (20 April 1999)

HM Elizabeth II Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (21 April 1926)

HIH Laetitia Maria Archduchess of Habsburg-Este, Princess of Belgium (23 April 2003)

HRH Willem-Alexander Prince of Oranje (27 April 1967)

Maud Angelica Behn (29 April 2003)

HM Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden (30 April 1946)

Miguel Urdangarín y Bórbon (30 April 2002)

ANNIVERSARIES

Wedding anniversary of HIM Akihito Emperor of Japan and Michiko Shôda (10 April 1959)

Wedding anniversary of HRH Laurent Prince of Belgium and Claire Coombs (12 April 2003)

Wedding anniversary of HRH Friso Prince van Oranje-Nassau and Mabel Wisse Smit (24 April 2004)

OTHER DATES AND EVENTS OF NOTE

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Natalie, Princess Alexandra and Greve Jefferson will take part in HC Andersen 200yr Jubilee Celebrations. (April 1-3 2005)

Crown Princess Victoria will travel to Denmark to take part in the HC Andersen Jubilee Celebrations. (April 1-3 2005)

Wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles. (April 8, 2005)

Crown Prince Haakon will travel to Japan. (April 10, 2005)

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will attend the Danish National Day. (April 20, 2005)

Crown Princess Victoria will attend Sweden Day at Expo-05 in Aichi, Japan. (April 26, 2005)

The Netherlands starts Queen Beatrix Silver Jubilee Year with open an air concert in front of Royal Palace in Dam Square Amsterdam. (April 29, 2005)

Queen's Day in the Netherlands when the entire Royal Family partakes in the celebrations. (April 30, 2005)

Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf’s official birthday celebration with flowers from the public, and photo opportunity with the royal family. (April 30, 2005)

Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima will travel to Japan for National Day.

Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima will travel to Poland.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will travel to Japan and Thailand.

Crown Princess Victoria will travel to Bangladesh to review the Swedish aid and, in connection with that, she may possibly visit one of the devastated areas.

ROYAL QUICK HITS

A rundown of five hot topics in the royalty world this month.

Whether you support the wedding or not, whether you like Camilla Parker-Bowles or not, a milestone royal occasion will take place in Great Britain this month with the wedding of Prince Charles to his longtime love, Camilla Parker-Bowles. Among the confirmed guests for the royal wedding are Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands. To get up to date information on their wedding, please visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5349&page=1&pp=20; and for their wedding thread, please visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=190317#post190317.

This month the Dutch royal family and the people of Holland mark a special anniversary: the Silver Jubilee celebrations of Queen Beatrix, who has been reigning since April 30, 1980. Many festivities are planned including an open air concert at the Royal Palace in Dam Square, Amsterdam as well an extra special Prinsjesdag with the royal family out in full force. To learn more about the celebrations to mark Queen Beatrix’s 25 years on the throne, please see http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2409.

More royal milestones this month: Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 65th birthday on April 16; you can see the special thread for this special birthday at http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=190324#post190324. Princess Marie of Liechtenstein will also mark her 65th birthday on April 14. Crown Prince Phillippe will blow out 45 candles on April 15.

After a successful trip to Australia in March, Crown Princess Victoria carries on her rigorous schedule with trips to Denmark to take part in the Hans Christian Andersen Jubilee Celebrations (April 1 to 3), followed by visits to Bangladesh to learn more about Swedish aid, then to Japan to visit Expo-05 for Sweden Day. To learn more about these visits, please visit the Crown Princess Victoria subforum at http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49.

A very big thank you from The Royal Forums team for all the wonderful contributions of creative and encompassing avatars by various members. We did not expect the enthusiasm for this project but are thrilled to see the dozens of avatars contributed and their usage by members. Until these avatars can (officially) be added to our Avatar Gallery, please view (and select one for your use at the forum) – or to contribute your own avatars – the growing thread at http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5402

During March, the royal world monitored Prince Rainier III of Monaco’s health crisis closely, and prayed for his recovery and our hearts ached for his family. Is it yet another setback for Prince Rainier as we learn that Prince Albert has assumed Regency of Monaco due to Prince Rainier’s inability to carry out his sovereign functions and duties. See Prince Rainier news thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5112&page=16&pp=20

King Harald V of Norway has been admitted to Rikshospitalet in Oslo for planned corrective heart surgery on Friday April 1, 2005. He is expected to remain in the hospital two weeks. Here is the thread to follow King Harald's progress through surgery and recovery http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5380 Crown Prince Haakon is acting Regent while King Harald is on sick leave.

Good news for Queen Beatrix who welcomed her fourth grandchild when her daughter-in-law Mabel delivered her first child, a girl named Luana on March 26th. A special thread can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...0325#post190325.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom