An appeal from a poster.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new member (joined late January), I mostly use the Thanks button and generally stay within the royal subforums I'm interested in: Luxembourg, Japan, and a bit of Sweden. I'm sad to learn Chiara no longer posts. My interest in royalty waxed and waned but I remember visiting TRF years ago and her posts are excellent.

I admit to lurking in the Diana, Monaco, and Cambridge forums because they can get contentious.

TRF is the best place for reliable information, along with specialized blogs such as Luxarazzi, RoyalHats, Imperial Family of Japan, and the Order of Splendor. I very much appreciate everyone's input and knowledge sharing.

Thank you for your great posts in this thread, Muhler, and for your posts at the forum.
We people are here at the forum for different reasons. We are interested in royals for different reasons. We are interested in different things at royals. That is the richness of this forum.
I'm mostly interested in swedish royals, maybe because we Finns don't have our own royal family and we have always felt the swedish royals as partly our royals too. And in swedish royals, I'm mostly interested in the work they do, what they do for the people of Sweden. What they say at their official speeches, how often they give speeches. What kind of people they meet at their work. Why they have chosen a certain charity to work with. How their interests change when they get older. How they keep up the traditions of the swedish monarchy. How their work is seen at the swedish press and by swedish people. Why should there be monarchy in Sweden in the future too?
And as those things are my main interest, I tell about them at the forum. I understand that many people are not interested at the same things at all. That's fine. I have always seen as a strength of this forum that here people write so much great information about different things - about genealogy, history, traditions, work, fashion, cultures ... This forum has made me interested about royal jewellery, which I wasn't at first interested at all. I respect everyone's interests and opinions and have learned so much here. So people, keep on going posting in the future too.
And as a person who has not registered to any social media at all, I feel uncomfortable with the idea of "like" button here. I'm a fan of the "Thanks" button and have used it, but I should use it more and tell at my thanks what I like at the post.

I would love to see a thank you button on the app. I admit I'm a follower, and have learnt so much by following. There is no quick way for me to show my appreciation of the time and effort and knowledge put in by Muhler and others. A bit lazy of me, I know, wanting an instant solution. And perhaps a bit thoughtless, too, not realising how much such feedback would mean.

Interesting discussion.

I, for one, use TRF for my royalty news. Yes, I am on FB, but when I see a single post there on something that interests me I come here to get more information. I am NOT on Twitter, Instagram, etc, or any other of these type of sites. At my age I don't take kindly to them.

And I agree there should be a "Like" option. Also, on a personal note, I have been on TRF for quite a while now but am unable to post "emoticons" or "emojis", whatever you call them, when I make a post like this. When I reply to a post they appear but not when I post. I sure would like it if someone could make this available to me.

All I can add to this is - keep up the good work. I for one will be here.

I am a reader/lurker more so than a contributor as I don't know enough to contribute. When someone like Muhler, whom I have a great deal of respect and admiration for, posts a long yet informative post, I don't reply because I have nothing to add. It is my understanding that per forum rules posts should contribute to the conversation and since I don't have anything to contribute, I don't typically post.

Aristocracy

Greetings Muhler and all! Excuse me for not introducing myself on the Hello newcomer forum first. Your appeal for posters prompted me to finally join after lurking for years. Your postings over the years Muhler, have kept me coming back again and again...whether they be comments on history, uniforms, language idioms, article translations, Danish perspective, opinions, humor, food etc....all done with flair, care, grace, excellent manners and providing a much needed laugh at the end of the day!
In fact, I am certain that TRF plants more hidden seeds and serves a greater breadth of curiosity seekers, encourages diplomacy, and even tourism than anyone realizes. My husband and I took a tour of Scandinavia a few summers ago and because of Muhler..we found ourselves scanning the crowd for the face of the ubiquitous Ulrik Ulriksen!! :wave:

Congratulations on your first post, Valkyrie and welcome to TRF. :flowers:

Thank you for your warm posts Valkyrie and others. It is very much appreciated. :)
You can do a lot to encourage me and many, many others with very little.
A question, a smiley, hitting the thank you button - and I will add that in most cases I don't even write anything when hitting that button, unless I have something particular to say. It's simply a general thank you for a good post, good job or simply to expressing agreement. And it takes three seconds of my life.

And don't hesitate to post. Many major posters today started out as shy, insecure posters and eventually gained confidence and are now treasured members of TRF.

There was something Kruununprinsessa wrote that is very much worth taking up here. Especially in regards to new or hesitant posters.
That a question is answered in a dismissive and impatient manner: "Read the (271) posts in this thread"!
Come on!
Not all here are even fluent in English and even those who are do not necessarily have time to go through an entire thread. If you have time just answer the question or "you'll find the answer in post ###, or about twelve posts back". - Because next week you might be in the same situation in another thread.
And here the readers can really help. A reader can answer that question or refer to a particular post.

There are also those who get irritated if someone in a thread about an event that is about to happen, ask: "Any pictures yet"? - No, because no pictures have been released yet. Otherwise they would up. :lol:
Easy now. Someone is impatient, big deal. Just ignore it. It's too trivial to be annoyed over, isn't it? :)

Last edited:
As a non-app user of the Forums, I now get it that App users lack the Thanks button.
I would guess that App users tend to post shorter messages, so that explains a lot in terms of length of message.
So, now a couple of questions...
Do app users have a private message link? Because the thanks button just creates a private message tagged to a post.
and
Do App users see that they have messages (on the App) ? There is the option of turning on an email notification when you get a private message.

As to all the info that resides in threads, is there a rating option for posts? Or a bookmark option? So that, for example, when people post a link to a source that explains (for example) the difference between the uniforms of the Irish Guards, Welsh Guards and Scots Guards we can somehow make that post with high utility more visible? I know I have posted that link, but I would bet a big wad of cash that I could not locate it quickly here in the Forums. And I want to find it, or refer others to it several times a year. I am happy to answer people's questions when I can easily find what they are looking for. Just saying.

Last edited:
Please do not stop posting, Muhler. I enjoy your informative posts as well as the chatty ones. You have a mischievous sense of humour that comes through in your writing and makes the forum a friendlier and more enjoyable place.

Interesting thread, and I feel, Muhler, like you're directly addressing forum members like me. This is a good a time as any to thank all of you who have made these forums a success, because that really is what it is--a huge success and a survivor in the forums format. See my join date, I have been a member of this place longer than I've been on Facebook. When I first joined I was a teenager fascinated by the Casiraghis but also a History major. I have always been mostly a lurker but for as long as my interest in the subject matter is alive, I will continue to visit this site.

The combination of fluff and substance in TRF, along with the knowledge and dedication of its active members in posting fresh content on an almost daily basis is what will keep this site up longer than any other forum on royals. I'm really actually pretty amazed by how long TRF has been up. At this point, it's like my favorite never-ending TV soap except that all the characters are real. I think that for as long as royals exist and get married and give birth and look fantastic, TRF will continue to attract members and it will survive for as long as there are members willing to continue volunteering to maintain this place. Really, kudos to all of you for keeping TRF alive and well for all these years.

Last edited:
I would also like to add to my post that I regularly use the "thanks" button and find it to be a very useful tool. I love it because it feels wonderful to receive a "thanks", since it knows that another member has truly valued your posting. I think it's rather meaningful and I wish the app would have the option too.

I agree with Muhler's point about posters like LadyFinn, whose posts I also value a lot. The Swedish sub forums wouldn't be the same without her! I often "thank" her posts using the button and sometimes I thank her in writing. lula from the Spanish sub forums is another one of these posters I'd like to call out - I really appreciate all the information that she shares with us about the SRF and I don't feel as if I thank her enough at times. But, there are many posters here whose posts I enjoy reading, whose posts I value and also I like seeing their presence on the forums. It would be hard to call them all out here! But a big thanks to all of you.

I'm just happy that I found TRF and signed up to be a member here, because it has massively expanded my knowledge about royalty and I have virtually met a lot of great people on here. I hope that I can continue to use TRF for a long time, or at least for as long as it continues to run. And lastly, I'd like to add that Muhler, you are another one of those members whose posts I value. I appreciate your vast knowledge and translations a lot. Thank you! :flowers:

As a non-app user of the Forums, I now get it that App users lack the Thanks button.
I would guess that App users tend to post shorter messages, so that explains a lot in terms of length of message.
So, now a couple of questions...
Do app users have a private message link? Because the thanks button just creates a private message tagged to a post.
and
Do App users see that they have messages (on the App) ? There is the option of turning on an email notification when you get a private message.

As to all the info that resides in threads, is there a rating option for posts? Or a bookmark option? So that, for example, when people post a link to a source that explains (for example) the difference between the uniforms of the Irish Guards, Welsh Guards and Scots Guards we can somehow make that post with high utility more visible? I know I have posted that link, but I would bet a big wad of cash that I could not locate it quickly here in the Forums. And I want to find it, or refer others to it several times a year. I am happy to answer people's questions when I can easily find what they are looking for. Just saying.

I'm going to start by saying how much I appreciate the posts of people like Muhler who really add something to this forum both by their knowledge of a subject and by doing things like providing translations and cultural explanations. I've learned so much about the DRF that I would have never known because of Muhler.

Now to answer the question about the App and mesagging....

The App does have messaging and it should theoretically show you when you have a message (although I don't think it's accurate; I find I have to go into my mailbox to refresh it before the alert'll pop up). It's not difficult at all to send or receive messages.

It's not entirely the same as sending a thanks though - the thanks gives the poster prestige, links to the post in question, and doesn't require you to to say anything - I find at a basic level it's great when you just want to acknowledge someone but don't necessarily have anything to add or expect them to respond (you can add to it, or send a message, but don't need to). If I send a message, there's no prestige, no link to the post, and I have to actually write a message.

What I find really annoying is that even if I click on the web view of a message, taking me out of the App to the post in safari, the thanks button doesn't appear on that post. So if I want to thank someone, I have to open the browser, find the post in the thread, and click the button. Where as if I was just reading from my computer in the first place the thanks would have just been one mouse click.

As for your comments on bookmarking posts/threads - I agree, that would be handy. There are times when I want to reference something someone has said on another thread (or a link or what have you), but the search function on both the App and web based forum is extremely cumbersome. I think sometimes that's why the same questions get asked over and over - not because people aren't reading threads and looking for the answer first, but because finding the answer can be neigh on impossible and it becomes easier to just ask again. I was trying to figure out the other day when the last time Zara had been to a trooping and found myself left having to wade through every page of the Trooping thread looking for reference to her because I didn't want to have to ask a question I knew was answered on there.

I agree, though since I joined in 2012, I haven't had a lot of posters whose posts I used to value leave or "migrate" to another forum which is quite fortunate! But, I do miss Artemisia and fairy tale. They used to be frequent posters and I used to appreciated Artemisia's encyclopaedic knowledge and fairy tale's regular updates on the Norwegian RF, I wouldn't have seen most of them otherwise. Both posters were very informative and I used to value them as members here. Has anyone heard from them lately? I understand that Artemisia hasn't been blogging for a while either.

I tend to post observational comments usually when there's a big event or a new update about an RF that interests me. I also like to follow the fashion threads as I like the royal style, mostly, and find commenting on clothing interesting. I don't often participate in debates or active discussions, unless it's about a topic that interests me or if I feel like I have to contribute.

I have exams at the moment, so I'm less active than usual, but I try to be as active as possible and will usually drop by when I have some spare time on my hands. But generally I'd consider myself to be a fairly active member - whenever I'm not, it's usually because I'm on holiday, am ill (I have a rare nerve condition so sometime's it's painful to use the computer) or have bad internet.

Dearest HereditaryPrincess,
I just saw this thread and your post. I have to say, it's nice to hear that I'm missed and my posts are being valued. Thank you :flowers: During the last year there was much going on in my life, that's why I didn't have the time to post here often or even read. But I'm still here!

As Muhler says, it's nice to get a feedback from fellow posters.
I like the thank-you-button, and I personally don't feel the need for a like-button.

Last edited:
I am mostly a reader, with a few comments here and there. I don't have much to add, but do enjoy reading. I started a new thread once only to have it disappear after a day or two. I had to ask why it disappeared, as no one sent me a communication along the lines of, "Hey, we actually have that in another thread, so I've moved it." It just disappeared.

I used to post more frequently before that, but since then, I've just been more of an observer. Navigating this site is very tedious and trying to find anything that you are searching for is difficult (at least for me!), so my attempt at trying to find a previous thread was unfruitful.

My commenting experience hasn't gone particularly well either, so I stopped.

I do enjoy this site, I find it relaxing and fun at the end of a long work day. I will try to use the Thanks button more, as I do appreciate all the work the posters put in to this.

A quick thumbs up, or like button would be nice to acknowledge a post.

:previous: You are right Queen Jen.

I think the same thing has happened to most of the active posters.

So please moderators, if you close a thread, PM the one who started it. If you copy/paste a standard message it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. Including adding a link to where the correct thread is.

And if the thread has become active, (i.e. with several relevant posts) why not just lock it, but keep the thread there for another 24 hours, - minus the moved posts. With a message that the posts have been moved to XXXX and include a link to the correct thread?
In that way both posters and readers will instantly know where to go.

As it is we poor posters often have no idea what we have done wrong and have to look where our posts have gone. And you won't have to be bothered with PMs. ;)

And a little advise, QueenJen: If you open your own profile and do a search for all your own posts, you should be able to find the post that has been moved as one of the first. :)

Thank you for reminding us of that Muhler and Queen Jen. We have two ways to inform the poster: by PM or by a message in a thread. It may have happened that posters did not receive an update about a merger/ deletion. The only explanation for that is a human error, as our policy is always to inform posters. Considering the amount of PM's that some of the mods. write, it certainly takes more than the 30 seconds that you describe, the more so as it usually often to a discussion, which can take up a lot of time. Not that this is a reason *not* to inform posters of course.

It is technically impossible to 'leave a thread' but to move the complete content. It is however possible to leave a redirect of a thread and move the content. We do this on a regular basis, usually leaving the redirect from 48hours to one week. We also post updates in thread and add a link to the moved content. I am surprised that you haven't come across those, especially since you are a member for six years Muhler.

To every rule there are exceptions, also to this one. There may be one or two members who consistantly post things in wrong threads to suit their own agenda which would be to promote their own favourite royals. After contacting them about the issue and their refusal to abide by TRF policy we move their posts around without informing them of each and every move, as they clearly know where posts need to go but refuse to do so. We decided this was the best modus vivendi; if continued to inform them of each and every move and they would tell us ach and every time that they refuse to follow the set of rules, it would inevitably lead to an escalation of conflict, official warnings and suspensions.

Queen Jen: can you send me the details of your merged thread by PM? I can not find any merge in your posting history.

About repeated questions: We shouldn't be too sensitive about this. This forum has been active since 2001, which probably means that a lot of questions will have been asked before. We can not expect people to go through 15 years of posts to find the correct answer for everything. However, I do not see what is rude about providing a link to the answer.

Re: the thanks button

If I understand it correctly, members are happy with the thanks button option as it is wbut would like to see it in the app too?

Last edited:
What i like about the Thanks button is that you can add some text to send to the poster (so it's basically a "like" and a "PM" at once)
I initially didn't see the need for a "like" because i remember they facebook discussions based on their Like button to add a "dislike" button and i really don't want a dislike button because imo that would ignite loads of additional discussions, but i have to admit that if there were a Like i'd probably use it quite a bit :)

PS. when people want a Like button, does this include (like FB) that you can see how many others liked a post? Or just a Like to send to the original poster?

Last edited:
Marengo. - I certainly have seen many times where posts have been moved to another thread with a link to where the appropriate thread is.

I have however, also experienced that I've opened a new thread about a topic, that specifically didn't exist, only to discover that the thread has gone and the post removed to another thread. - Without informing me.

While I fully realize the need to keep the number of threads down and that moderators are only humans and have plenty to do, I will point out that we posters are only humans as well. ;)

Like Queen Jen , my posting experience hasn't been too good. I don't post all the time , but when I do i can tell if other people have read what has been written by their replies. However they don't acknowledge my post. Are they frightened of offending me , or because I am not a "regular" do they just ignore me ?!:ohmy:

Like Queen Jen , my posting experience hasn't been too good. I don't post all the time , but when I do i can tell if other people have read what has been written by their replies. However they don't acknowledge my post. Are they frightened of offending me , or because I am not a "regular" do they just ignore me ?!:ohmy:

I think this is a good question - why don't people reply? And I don't think there is one single answer. Nor do I take it personally. We are all here voluntarily. I would bet I have been "ignored" (AKA not replied to) for all these reasons and many more:
I've offended the person either with what I said, some time before or they are actually so tired of me they have blocked me.
What I said was (ahem, it happens) less than sparkling discourse. :lol:
The reader is shy or reticent
The reader finds me too straightforward (or whatever) for their taste
The reader finds me fatuous or silly
The reader knows that if they reply, I just might compose another of my long winded posts ;)
I have asked/commented on something they don't know about
I have asked something they don't care to reply to
I have asked something that really was answered 12 posts ago and I did not read that far back
The reader does not share my POV
The reader does not like to argue
The reader agrees but has nothing else to add
The reader has already written on the topic and does not like to restate themselves
The reader thinks others in the conversation have things well in hand
The reader did not understand me
The reader is a crummy typist
The reader struggles with English composition
The reader is in a mood (whatever - happy, sad, etc.) and just not inclined to reply)
The readers is afraid of hurting my feelings (if disagreeing)
The reader is in a rush
The reader does not want to stir up other, very vocal members present in the same thread at that time
The reader gets distracted by the baby/cat/dog/UPS Delivery/breaking news as they read the post
The reader needs to look something up to reply, and lacks the time to do that
The reader needs to look something up to reply and then wanders off onto other topics, forgetting the reply
Etc.

If you notice, most of those reasons have nothing to do with me and most do not have hidden messages behind them.
It also happens that what I think might be a reply to me is actually not to me at all. I think that happens a lot.
I think most of us are here because we like both reading others' and sharing our own thoughts. But few of us are here because we like replying. It's not like some forums where people try to see just how far they can wind someone up with a reply. It's not a game for many of us - it is about sharing. And the timing of that is really quite unpredictable. JMO. :flowers:

I must admit when I first started as a TRF poster I would get annoyed that I wouldn't get replies or posts quoted and I would think I was not be acknowledged or appreciated on the forums. I was wrong when later I thought about it and when I started posting more often. You can't reply to every post, you can't quote every post you like. You read, you quote or you post your opinion and move on or just read and move on.

I read almost every post in the thread and I assume many people do that to but unfortunately there is no other way to let the poster know unless we quote or reply and if we did that with many of the posts, then it's time consuming and gets boring because your just sitting there typing to every other post you liked.

Muhler, I am not sure what you are on about because I do see a few poster reply to your post and get into a discussion with you.

Not everyone will, not everyone is interested to discuss. I for an example, read and move on but I do appreciate all that you put into in.

You'll get posters who like to look for new, pictures, summaries and others who like to just comment and others who just like to obtain information and browse without leaving a post. Thats forums, we all have different ways to go about.

:previous: I thought I had made that very clear, Dazzling.

I do not want to waste my time.

The main difference between you and me, certainly in the DRF forum, is that while you post links and Google translations, I write. - Translations, background info, historical articles etc. That takes time. - Because not only do I have to translate, I also have to find and verify facts, figures and quotes. A detailed article about a complicated subject can easily take an hour to write, sometimes two hours.
So of course I'm interested in knowing whether there is a general interest in my work. Feedback is a tool. Appreciation is an encouragement.
And while there is a lively debate in some threads that is not the case in other threads where I'm posting. Hence the wish for feedback, so I know what is interesting, what can be done better and what is not interesting.

Of course you don't have to thank and comment to everything and everybody. Nor are you obliged to repay every single thanks with another thanks. Of course not. Once in a while will do. - However if many people post feedback every once in a while it adds up.

When I read a thread I usually hit thanks at the posts I find relevant, informative, interesting and so on. It's hardly an effort. I don't expect those I thank to repay. This is merely my feedback to other posters.

:previous: I thought I had made that very clear, Dazzling.

I do not want to waste my time.

The main difference between you and me, certainly in the DRF forum, is that while you post links and Google translations, I write. - Translations, background info, historical articles etc. That takes time. - Because not only do I have to translate, I also have to find and verify facts, figures and quotes. A detailed article about a complicated subject can easily take an hour to write, sometimes two hours.
So of course I'm interested in knowing whether there is a general interest in my work. Feedback is a tool. Appreciation is an encouragement.
And while there is a lively debate in some threads that is not the case in other threads where I'm posting. Hence the wish for feedback, so I know what is interesting, what can be done better and what is not interesting.

Of course you don't have to thank and comment to everything and everybody. Nor are you obliged to repay every single thanks with another thanks. Of course not. Once in a while will do. - However if many people post feedback every once in a while it adds up.

When I read a thread I usually hit thanks at the posts I find relevant, informative, interesting and so on. It's hardly an effort. I don't expect those I thank to repay. This is merely my feedback to other posters.

But my point is, you are not wasting your time. You are writing those articles because you like/enjoy to do so and for people online to read.

But my point is, you are not wasting your time. You are writing those articles because you like/enjoy to do so and for people online to read.

While I do like to write, I only have an X amount of time available to do it, so my problem is to figure out where to focus the limited time I do have. It's a question of priority.
And I freely admit that I write for an audience. I don't write for myself, why should I? Especially when there are so many other subjects to write about.

There are a couple of long articles I've been considering for several years.
1) A medieval special forces operation that saved Denmark as a nation.
2) The most famous and intriguing assassination of a king in Danish history.
- I haven't written about these two subjects, because that's going to take a lot of work and I'm not willing to put in that amount of effort for an audience of one; myself.

Dear Muhler, Sadly I have been away quite a bit since the beginning of the year and I am still playing catch up on previous events.
I just want you to know that I have always appreciated you taking the time for the translations. As I have appreciated the other Danes doing the same on this forum. As I and many others are thousands of miles away it is difficult to understand what is going on in Europe without your dedication. Now that I am back I shall be posting more often. And I always look forward to your commentary & often witty posts. Please be patient with us slack posters. If I could give you a medal I would for services to this forum. And I also acknowledge the many wonderful contributions by the other Danish posters. Without you all we wouldn't have any correct information about our favourite royals. Please forgive us and keep on keeping on.

While I do like to write, I only have an X amount of time available to do it, so my problem is to figure out where to focus the limited time I do have. It's a question of priority.
And I freely admit that I write for an audience. I don't write for myself, why should I? Especially when there are so many other subjects to write about.

There are a couple of long articles I've been considering for several years.
1) A medieval special forces operation that saved Denmark as a nation.
2) The most famous and intriguing assassination of a king in Danish history.
- I haven't written about these two subjects, because that's going to take a lot of work and I'm not willing to put in that amount of effort for an audience of one; myself.

Dear Muhler! I hope you realize by now that you are not just writing for yourself but that you have a devoted fan base that literally breathes in your knowledge (even though this is a virtual platform!) I also have to budget time to come to the forum, but you are one of the people who makes it worthwhile, especially with such fascinating tidbits of historical info as you announce above:flowers: Mange tak Muhler and long may you write:cheers:

I'm late to the party here, but I wanted to read the whole thread before I posted, so that took some time. After reading, I have some reflections.

My first interest royalty had clear connection to my university studies. I'm a teacher, with religion and history as my main areas of interest and knowledge. While I'm undecided on the issue of monarch in the 21'st century, the historic aspects has always interested me. You can't study swedish (or european) history without the royal connections as an integral part of it.

I'm always fascinated when someone share their knowledge, especially about traditions and cultural aspects of another country. That deepens my own understanding. Since there has been several royal marriages and baptisms in Sweden, I've tried to contribute to the understanding of my own country in some small way.

I personally don't have a problem when people don't respond to my posts, or if others have different opinions. My biggest problem is that my interest in the forums - including contributing myself - has dropped because of all the spiteful comments I've read. Since I'm reading a lot in the swedish forums, this is particularly noticeable when it comes to princess Sofia. (I guess this is also true about other royals/posters in other forums). You don't have to love everyone, royals or posters. But when the same posters always makes negative remarks about one royal, I just give up. Nothing she does gets their approval. Her dresses are always boring or ill-fitted. Her teeth are ugly. Her charities are made up, and or/not worthy of a royal. And so on. All of this has made me very uninterested in reading and writing during this last year, compared to when I first joined.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change this. It's a fine line - people are entitled to their opinions, and most of them know how to be just on the right side of the fence in each post. But put together, it's very clear that they are just interested in putting Sofia down. Is she my favorite royal? No, not in a long way. (That would be princess Astrid of Norway, in case anyone wonders). But I'm very sensitive about constant negativity, so these days I mostly avoid reading and posting in forums that interest me, because I know what it does to me as a person. Sad, but true.

Last edited:
Xenobia: I agree that negative repetition can be a drag. But I have also read from posters that say the relentless cheering some royals get is also dull. Which I also understand.

I think we many of us find it most FUN to be on the forums when we are learning, or when people are keeping open minds. I absolutely love to see how people talk themselves into new opinions here on the forums. It's why I stay. :flowers:

Xenobia: I agree that negative repetition can be a drag. But I have also read from posters that say the relentless cheering some royals get is also dull. Which I also understand.

I think we many of us find it most FUN to be on the forums when we are learning, or when people are keeping open minds. I absolutely love to see how people talk themselves into new opinions here on the forums. It's why I stay. :flowers:

I totally agree! I'm not advocating that all posts need to be positive. Not at all. But when 99% is negative.. well, that drains me.

I might also add that this and other royal forums has made me very interested in royal jewels. They have so much history connected to them. Bling and history - the best of two worlds.

I, for one, would be VERY interested in any archealogical dig/evidence/etc., etc., that you have access to information on, concerning any of the royals or nobles or persons and sites associated with them. DNA is also an area I would be VERY interested in learning about and from...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom