A new way of saying "thank you" to another member

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
New Feature!

To allow members to express agreement, gratitude or appreciation for another member's post we have a new feature:

the "Thanks" button

The button appears at the bottom of each post in addition to the Edit and Quote buttons and can only be seen and used by registered and logged in members.

Thankslocation.jpg

When the Thanks button is clicked the optional comments box opens...

Thanksbox.jpg

Once the 'Send your Thanks' button is clicked, the recipient [if they have updated their UserCP] receives a PM with a notification and a link to the post...

ThanksPM.jpg

Note: At this early stage please ignore the top part of the PM about 'reputation' and 'reputation points'.
These will probably not be included in the final version.

Members can also view a list of the 'Thanks' messages they have received by clicking on their User CP
(found on the single dark blue bar near the top of each Forums page)...

ThanksListinUserCP.jpg

[Once again, reference to reputation and points should be ignored]

We hope members will find this new feature useful and enjoyable to use. :)

Warren
on behalf of the TRF Team

Last edited:
Great Warren :flowers:

Perhaps it should be emphasized very clearly that you don't have to also post a comment.
Just clickling the thank you button is sufficient.

It'll only take two seconds of your lives to show your appreciation :) - and it means so much to the active posters and it's a huge encouragement for new posters.

this is nice , but what this green point up the postings ? it say "you have distinguish road" ?
& if we say thanks you , is it count in our posts ?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is nice , but what this green point up the postings ? it say "you have distinguish road" ?
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're referring to.

Burzg said:
No, they are sent by Private Message. They are not posts and do not appear in the threads.

bethaliz6894 said:
will we be able to see who says thanks to whom?
As the "thank you" messages are sent by PM they have the same level of privacy as all other PMs. Only you have access to your PM inbox and to your User CP where a record of received "thank you" messages is stored.

Thank you! This feature will save me a ton of time!

Hi Warren!

I was just viewing another member's public profile- I had just sent her a thanks. Up in the right hand corner there was a group of squares. One was green. When I put my cursor on the green square it said" her user-name " is on a distinguished road." What does this mean?
Roseroyal

I was just viewing another member's public profile- I had just sent her a thanks. Up in the right hand corner there was a group of squares. One was green. When I put my cursor on the green square it said" her user-name " is on a distinguished road." What does this mean?
Roseroyal

that is the reputation points, i do believe, that warren was talking about not being in the final draft.

I am confused as I got a Thank You note from "admin Guest" and don't really know who that is.
For now I can imagine who sent it to me, but it's different from a PM where I have the name of the person who sent it and a link to his/her profile. Is this normal that I can't actually see who exactly sent the Thank You note to me when (s)he doesn't write his/her name in the comment box?

I am confused as I got a Thank You note from "admin Guest" and don't really know who that is.
For now I can imagine who sent it to me, but it's different from a PM where I have the name of the person who sent it and a link to his/her profile. Is this normal that I can't actually see who exactly sent the Thank You note to me when (s)he doesn't write his/her name in the comment box?

In the future you will get the note from the person who actually sent it. We're still working out the kinks :)

Thanks You

No, they are sent by Private Message. They are not posts and do not appear in the threads.

Thanks you For Answer :flowers:

In the future you will get the note from the person who actually sent it. We're still working out the kinks :)

So at the moment it is better to sign the thank you at the comment section?

I'm having a bit of an issue with this feature. I received no notifications that I've received anything (the person PM'ed me about it and I checked via User CP). Also, when click on the 'Thanks' button, nothing happens. There's no message window to write a comment. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this? I'm not very tech savvy, so there's a big chance that I'm missing something. Thank you in advance.

I'm having a bit of an issue with this feature. I received no notifications that I've received anything (the person PM'ed me about it and I checked via User CP). Also, when click on the 'Thanks' button, nothing happens. There's no message window to write a comment. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this? I'm not very tech savvy, so there's a big chance that I'm missing something. Thank you in advance.
you press thank you , the window coem quickly like you press quick links , but how no work for you ? maybe your browser

could it be that pop us are blocked? would that stop the box from coming up?

Thank you's and similar empty posts get deleted by moderators anyway so they're not a good way of increasing your post count.

Great feature, thanks to the admin and staff for adding it!

:clap:

Receiving thanks in a thread

Hello-

I noticed that I had received quite a few "Thanks" in various threads, but only one is listed where a poster left a specific comment. Is it possible to view which other entries were marked with "Thanks"?

Thank you!

:previous:

Fascinator, you can find a list of the recent thanks you've received within your
personal User Control Panel. Click on "User CP" in the blue bar in the top left
corner and when you scroll down that new site, you'll see the thanks listed,
the ones with and the ones without an additional comment. When clicking
on the corresponding thread links you'll see which post the thanks had been for.

In my UCP, I can only read the last 3 thanks posted. How can I read all 13?

In my UCP, I can only read the last 3 thanks posted. How can I read all 13?

You can't. Every member got 10 points by default when they registered and so there aren't comments for those. :flowers:

My profile tells me I have 28 thanks but i can only see 18? I never even knew how to view thanks and I only discovered it by accident, thought we'd get some notifications to let us know? :lol:

:previous:
See the post above yours regarding the "missing" ten thank you messages.

Must have missed this thread, thank you Warren. :flowers:

Private message

I've noticed I don't get the private message titled "You've been thanked!" like some other posters do when they've been thanked. I only get the portion that is on the bottom of the UCP. Is there some way I can change this to get the private message as well?

American Dane said:
I've noticed I don't get the private message titled "You've been thanked!" like some other posters do when they've been thanked. I only get the portion that is on the bottom of the UCP. Is there some way I can change this to get the private message as well?

There is a box you tick to say you'd like to receive PMs when you are thanked. I think it's in the settings section, but I'm on my iPhone and get check properly. :)

There is a box you tick to say you'd like to receive PMs when you are thanked. I think it's in the settings section, but I'm on my iPhone and get check properly. :)

Perfect! Just what I was looking for, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom