A little complaint

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
As you know, I never complain and as the epitomy of patience and compassion, I wouldn't dream of mentioning something that was annoying me. But something is. Now, usually when I virtually mince onto TRF I like to click the Portal button which brings up the active threads and these are the ones I dive into first. But now, the Portal includes the TRF newsletter which (although fabulous) I know where to find if I want it. Is there anywhere of putting the active thread thing back for people who have a short attention span?

It's still there; you just have to scroll down a bit. In fact, if you scroll down a bit further, you'll see something under the active thread thing which you might appreciate. ;)

I'll point Andy at this thread - he might be able to make the Newsletter part of the portal page a bit smaller so at least the top part of the active thread thing still shows.

I take the complaint back. A personal billboard advertising my article is worth a little bit of scrolling down.

But you can click the two little arrows next to the news bar featuring the Newsletter. It will hide it and you'll be able to see the active threads without scrolling down.

Articles by BeatrixFan

I have read two articles by Beatrix Fan: the one about late princess Margaret, and God save the president, I think is the title of the other I read. Absolutely excellents the two of them. You are a very good example of that famous british irony, Beatrix Fan. Congratulations!

But you can click the two little arrows next to the news bar featuring the Newsletter. It will hide it and you'll be able to see the active threads without scrolling down.

Ah! Problem solved. Thankyou TheTruth :)

tan_berry said:
I have read two articles by Beatrix Fan: the one about late princess Margaret, and God save the president, I think is the title of the other I read. Absolutely excellents the two of them. You are a very good example of that famous british irony, Beatrix Fan. Congratulations!

Thankyou very much! I'm genuinely thrilled that you enjoyed the articles. :flowers:

I am going to ask our team to see if we can optimize the header of the newsletter so it will not take up so much vertical space. This month is especially bad because of the new years fireworks images. Give us some time but we will make some adjustments to the newsletter header so it's still very esthetically pleasing but more compact so it fits better on the home page.

Thankyou Andy!

Not to rain too heavily on your parade or anything, but the featured article in that box will change as more articles are added. So make the most of your personal billboard while it's still yours, because other articles will be showing up there in due course.

Andy did have two articles in that part of the portal page but reduced it to one in order to keep the page at a manageable length. If the newsletter box is made smaller, we may be able to bring the other article box back, but it's still under discussion. We don't want the page to be a mile long.

I shall send out invitations and have an "Articles Box" party dear.

Back
Top Bottom