80th Birthday of King Olav

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mybags

Courtier
City
San Diego
Country
United States
Does anyone have photos or info on the guests who attended King Olav's 80th birthday celebrations?

You can see 2 pictures on the Glittering Royal Events Message Board here.
The pictures were taken by then Crownprincess Sonja.

mybags said:
Does anyone have photos or info on the guests who attended King Olav's 80th birthday celebrations?

Yes, I have a few from my scrapbook in my school years. I don't know who to credit as they were taken from local mags, if I remember correctly. This is one of the gala evening at the theatre (I don't have time today to load the others but will get to it soon).

As you can see, the guests included the British Queen Mother, the Swedish representatives Prince Bertil and Princess Lillian, the (then) Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg; in the row behind them is the Norwegian royal family members. Queen Margrethe also attended the banquet at Akershus Castle but I'm not sure if she was there for the duration of all the festivities.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/fraxales/Olav80th7.jpg

Photo on King Olav 80th Birthday royal guest? Queen Mother was oldest and best friend to King Olav. Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian much friend and near relatives to King Olav. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was relatives to Princess Märtha and King Olav. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was his aunt Princess Märtha and Princess Astrid was sister to Princess Märta. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlottes mother Princess Astrid of Belgium.

Back
Top Bottom