1. Queen Maud, King Haakon and Crown Prince Olav, 1921.
2. Queen Maud, 1921
3. Queen Maud, King Haakon and Crown Prince Olav, 1924
4. Queen Maud, unknown
5. Queen Maud, King Haakon and Crown Prince Olav, 1904
6. Queen Maud, King Haakon and baby Crown Prince Olav, 1903
7. Princess Maud with her sisters, Princess Victoria and Princess Louise and her brother, Crown Princess George, 1890
1. Princess Maud with her family (L-R: Prince George, Queen Alexandra, King Edward VII, Princess Victoria; Seated, Princess Maud, Prince Albert and Princess Louise, 1884.
2. Princess Maud with Princess Louise, unknown
3. Princess Maud with Princess Victoria and Princess Louise, 1886
4. Princess Maud as a baby with her mother, Queen Alexandra, 1872
5. Princess Maud as a bridesmaid at the the wedding of George V, 1893
6. Queen Maud, unknown
7. Queen Maud, 1929
8. Queen Maud, unknown
9. (L-R) Empress Dagmar of Russia, Princess Victoria, Queen Maud and King Haakon, unknown
10. Queen Maud and King Haakon, unknown
I think that on the 2nd picture it is not Princess Louise ( Princess Royal and sister of Queen Maud, but princess Maud of Fife, the daughter od princess Louisse and the Duke of Fife)...
Thank you for this interesting thread. I saw ,quite by accident , an exhibition of the clothes of Queen Maud at the Victoria and Albert museum a few years ago. She was very elegant and so tiny. How wonderful to see more pictures of her, and to find out more about her life.
Just think, just three days before Maud's death (and the day after her surgery), in a small town in south central Ontario (incidentally the same town which her brother George had visited which local author and humourist Stephen Leacock later immortalized in one of his books), a baby boy was born who would later change the face of Canadian folk music forever! (I must sound like the guy from "The Rest of the Story"!) 75 and a half years later, that boy is still alive and kicking, even after numerous health issues (and even a false death report, quoting Mark Twain to boot). I saw him live in concert just last week, in fact, and he looked great!
According to the (Norwegian-only, but the visuals speak for themselves) evidence here, Maud was a tremendously talented artist (better even at drawing, which she eventually gave up for photography, than watercolors imho). I wonder if Maud Angelica has gotten to see these?