Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little_star said:
I think it's highly unfair and incredibly presumptous that you are making such assumptions about posters' motivations without even asking them.

Moreover it sounds like a very weak argument to me considering the huge numbers of commoner princesses these days.

but what tamarakhan says is true...and it's not a weak argument, it's just a fact.

No it's not a fact, it's an opinion. Moreover it's her own interpretation of what others think.

After all, plenty of people have given reasons for not liking Salma or for ways in which she could improve. Not one gives any of the reasons TamaraKhan states.

I think it is time to take a break to have a look at the TRF Community Rules, and particularly this one:

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

We are all entitled to express our opinions as long as it done within the confines of the rules and guideline. We can disagree as long as it is done politely and respecfully.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

I personally like Princess Lalla Salma, not for what she will wear or so,but for her real person as a brillant moroccan woman who had brillant career and who came from true moroccan society and from a modest family.

there are people here Moroccan or of Moroccan origin.....say that Salma BENNANI comes from "deep Morocco" or of a modest family..... is really not serious... is even laughing it is a girl who comes from the Upper middle classes BENNANI whose family with always revolved goshawks of the Royal Palace and whose cousin is a close friend of Mohammed VI.
she is appreciated or not appreciated at all, it is a fact but to say that it results from the people and modest it is false.....and also her studies and her careers (very sublimated in the official biography)do not have anything exceptional in the middle class medium of her family

Last edited:
Salma don't seem to will be more active with time, if I have to make a comparison I think that she has a lower role than Meryem, this one has her association for children, and she is in more the leader of Moroccan woman association, she is goodwill ambassador of UNESCO, she is the leader of social work of the Moroccan army in the beginning it was so new to see the wife of the king, and she was so young, that, all eyes were focused on her, now, she is older, and since she doesn't make incredible things, she became a princess among others

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way, we have seen hasna and meryem with m6 on state visits, but right now never with salma. do you believe this same protocole doesn't allow king's wife to be with him on such trips? :huh:

i don't think it's matter of protocole Zineb,i think the chance didn't come,M6 him self didn't travel for a state visit or an official visit for while now,so let's wait tell that happen and we will see:)

i don't think it's matter of protocole Zineb,i think the chance didn't come,M6 him self didn't travel for a state visit or an official visit for while now,so let's wait tell that happen and we will see:)
i'm not sure either if it's the protocole, but since it didn't happen yet, so i'm asking if it's the protocole or not.
however, i don't think because salma didn't have the chance. m6 paid many state visits since he is married, to latin america, japan, senegal, and so and salma wasn't with him. imo these were great opportunities for her. i wonder if m6 wasn't married, one of his sisters could accompany him. sure, we will see what happen in the future.

yes i know he go for some visits after his marriage and Lalla Salma didn't go neither his sisters so i geuss she naturaly supposed to go but maybe was not ready then,so let's wait to see for the next visits to start speculation as we are not sur of anythings:)

yes i know he go for some visits after his marriage and Lalla Salma didn't go neither his sisters so i geuss she naturaly supposed to go but maybe was not ready then,so let's wait to see for the next visits to start speculation as we are not sur of anythings:)
well, you didn't get it right mlle lilo. these are not speculations, they are observations and stating a point of view. imo, it's not because we aren't sure of anything, we don't have to ask questions and build our opinion. if ppl can't ask questions, the world couldn't be as it is now and see progress of sociology, scientific knowledge, etc. now we are not discussing a huge state matter ;) 7 years of marriage and couple of visits, are enough to ask why salma was never with m6 on official visits. you know, i don't expect you will find an answer on these questions somewhere ;) so it's better to have an opinion.

well you did get my post all wrong Zineb,it's just my opinion and the way i see the thing nothing else,i don't have to give answres or find answers to anythings or in the place of anybody.

Now that you mentioned it, zineb, it is a little strange that Salma hasn't accompanied her husband on trips abroad.

Hoepfully this is something she will undertake in the future.

Lalla salma did accompanied her husband abroa,France I guess,not state visits yet but I think she will go with him anyay,M.Lilo point is right M6 himself don't travel alot lately.

i hope she will in the future, even i'm not sure. anyway we will see.

but the question is why salma wasn't with him in the few trips he made, while his sisters were?
some answers say that salma wasn't ready. i personally can't get it really, since she was in japan only months b4 M6 state visit, and she paid also a visit to senegal , when in fact she could accompany her husband who has been there. i can't see why she was ready to travel alone all around the world, while she can't be beside her husband on official visits :whistling:

It does seem strange that Salma has made solo foreign trips and not travelled with her husband.

However, it's possible that they may not wish to leave their children alone in Morocco while they are both abroad. Although that's just a guess on my part.

Maybe she can't go because of her children?

nobody know the real reasons and questions of why she didn't went with him is understood,but I am sur is questions of right time and agenda of the couple,during his state visit to Japan Lalla Salma had to stay in Morocco cause in same time she lunch her social works(association Lalla Salma).

It does seem strange that Salma has made solo foreign trips and not travelled with her husband.
most of her solo trips come after her husband seems to set down and not to travel alot,just look at king official visits in 2008 none,2007 just one and for meeting in Senegal,same for 2006...obiouvsly she travel more than him so I guess it's just quetion of time and agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, maybe because of their children, but many royal couples have children and yet they go for official trips. i guess it isn't difficult that children accompany their parents. but probably salma prefers to stay with them. anyway, it's RARE that a president or a monarch goes for state visit without his wife :ermm:
and the fact that salma launched her association at the time of m6 trip to japan, i don't know if her agenda was very full all the year that she couldn't make herself available for this trip with him and launch her association b4 or later. the whole trip took only 3 days. you know, we hear a lot why m6 don't go for some arabic and african meetings bcz his agenda is full of events in morocco ;)
ok, we are looking for that right time to see her with him. hope it comes ;)

the fact that salma launched her association at the time of m6 trip to japan, i don't know if her agenda was very full all the year that she couldn't make herself available for this trip with him and launch her association b4 or later.
her agenda wasn't full maybe but the ones who decide to join her in the association??
I don't think Lalla salma association is the only thing they have to do:rolleyes:.
anyway let's wait what will happen next in futur....

most of her solo trips come after her husband seems to set down and not to travel alot,just look at king official visits in 2008 none,2007 just one and for meeting in Senegal,same for 2006...obiouvsly she travel more than them so I guess it's just quetion of time and agenda.
Salma's agenda is hardly the most taxing in the world so that doesn't seem much of an explanation imo.

I am not saying that her agenda is so busy:rolleyes: I say she went to some visits outside when he hasbund didn't pick any state/official visits last past 3 years to judge if she only travel alone and when it come to visit with king she don't go.

for me, it's look to be more a decision of the king than a problem of protocol, perhaps he doesn't want to put her too much above the spotlight, and wants for her to have the same role than her sisters, not more not less

for me, it's look to be more a decision of the king than a problem of protocol, perhaps he doesn't want to put her too much above the spotlight, and wants for her to have the same role than her sisters, not more not less

That's very well said rosa, for sure the King doesn't want to put her too much under spotlights, if he wanted that, it would be, and i do think it's very good decision. This is the way of being of the moroccan royals, we don't have to put standards basing on other monarchies, and to argue about why they don't do the same.
IMO, it's really ridiculous to say that those who are on spotlights, are working much hard or "better" than those who avoid it, we all know that for example, that princess lalla Asma, who makes much less appearences than her sisters Meryem and Hasna, is as hard working as them, if not more.

to me, salma is already under more spotlights than her husband even she didn't make an official trip abroad with him. she received guests in morocco and traveled a lot on her own. she gets more attention, bcz she is the first monarch wife seen in public (and you know how much the foreign media are excited about this ;)) and second bcz of the low profile of m6, who unfortunately doesn't have a lot of presence in africa and arab region ..

if m6 has any concern about salma getting much of the spotlight, he could advise to reduce her public appearence, travels and so. but it seems he doesn't.

yes, each monarchy has its own characteristics. but, thinking of H2 trips, he was accompanied by his sisters and later by his daughters. that was at least coherent with the fact latifa wasn't seen in public. but what about m6? it sounds to me unbelievable that it's the same protocole/M6 allows salma to receive morocco' guests (and travel abroad on her own) but absente on formal visits.

in the contex of the upcoming political and constitutional changes some associations of Women's rights in Morocco plan to put in her Strategy that will be proposed to the Advisory Committee to review the constitution more achievements and one the most important position in the country a " Queen"...they will ask that Lalla salma have the title.
see here for more....للا سلمى ملكة للمغرب ، الجمعيات النسائية ولوبيات الخارج تخطط لتغيير الفصل 20 . - المغرب الملكي

:previous:

It would be great if Lalla Salma could be a Queen.

i don't think we need to review the constitution in order to give Lalla Slama the title of Queen its up to the king decision.
i find this demand a bit odd.

in the contex of the upcoming political and constitutional changes some associations of Women's rights in Morocco plan to put in her Strategy that will be proposed to the Advisory Committee to review the constitution more achievements and one the most important position in the country a " Queen"...they will ask that Lalla salma have the title.
see here for more....للا سلمى ملكة للمغرب ، الجمعيات النسائية ولوبيات الخارج تخطط لتغيير الفصل 20 . - المغرب الملكي
What? is it necessary a constitutional change to get the princess be a queen?? the King as a lot of power, if he wanted he could get her that title.

for my personal opinion, it was great for the king to knowledge his wife as Princess Consort of Morocco, but i also think that now that she solidified her role as a princess, she could be granted the title of Queen, she has this right!

What? is it necessary a constitutional change to get the princess be a queen?? the King as a lot of power, if he wanted he could get her that title.

for my personal opinion, it was great for the king to knowledge his wife as Princess Consort of Morocco, but i also think that now that she solidified her role as a princess, she could be granted the title of Queen, she has this right!
I believe the suggestion of granting Lalla Salma the title of queen is a by- product of the changes, not the reason for them.

Back
Top Bottom