Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is true indeed that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is a Professional and distinguished Engineer and that she could promote techonology within Morocco. However one must take care to preserve the Cultural integrity of the Arican Nation, and not do what her Arab Counterpart Queen Rania did in Jordan and try to errode the infrastructure of a cuntry that has existed for millenia and replace it with a perpandicular one. Thereby creating a country without an identity or individuality.

Roshanah said:
It is true indeed that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is a Professional and distinguished Engineer and that she could promote techonology within Morocco. However one must take care to preserve the Cultural integrity of the Arican Nation, and not do what her Arab Counterpart Queen Rania did in Jordan and try to errode the infrastructure of a cuntry that has existed for millenia and replace it with a perpandicular one. Thereby creating a country without an identity or individuality.

YES..she is a distinguished engineer graduating from one of the best engineering schools in the country.

Isn't this pretty much a man's area? I don't think a princess of a more a patriarchical society could get away with promoting that sort of thing.

Roshanah said:

Reina said:
Isn't this pretty much a man's area? I don't think a princess of a more a patriarchical society could get away with promoting that sort of thing.

Why would technology be a men's area ?!!!! There are thousands of female engineers, science teachers, and doctors in Morocco.

Just wanted to know - is Lalla Salma patron of any charities in Morocco or outside Morocco? Does she perform alot of official engagements in Morocco? I was just wondering. I know that for instance Queen Noor of Jordan helped tackle poverty in Jordan through micro finance projects thus helping poor women set up business's weaving etc. Queen Rania has tackled child abuse. What projects is Lalla Salma heading or helping? NOT THAT I'M SAYING THAT SHE DOES NOTHING!!!1

By the way i like her style i don't think it's necessarily old fashioned. She's human so occasionally she will make mistakes in terms of what she wears.

Thanks Khadijalove for the link - BRILLIANT!!!

Amina said:
Just wanted to know - is Lalla Salma patron of any charities in Morocco or outside Morocco? Does she perform alot of official engagements in Morocco? I was just wondering. I know that for instance Queen Noor of Jordan helped tackle poverty in Jordan through micro finance projects thus helping poor women set up business's weaving etc. Queen Rania has tackled child abuse. What projects is Lalla Salma heading or helping? NOT THAT I'M SAYING THAT SHE DOES NOTHING!!!1

By the way i like her style i don't think it's necessarily old fashioned. She's human so occasionally she will make mistakes in terms of what she wears.

Thanks Khadijalove for the link - BRILLIANT!!!

I never heard that she support any association
about her style, I think lalla salma has a very bad tast, in addition to have a plain face and body, she hasn't any atractiveness
she must learned a lot about her sisters-in-law because at the moment she is the less interesting princess

I think you are quite mistaken about her looks. She has the clearest skin, beautifully shaped eyes, a perfect nose (I bet she did not have surgery), a long neck, etc. SHe is a unique beauty-not conventional prettiness like her sisters-in-law.

samia said:
about her style, I think lalla salma has a very bad tast, in addition to have a plain face and body, she hasn't any atractiveness
she must learned a lot about her sisters-in-law because at the moment she is the less interesting princess

samia said:

ALways the same question : always the same answer. :mad:
All charity fields are already patronized in Morocco (especially women rights and child rights by Lalla Meriem, why should Salma "stole" her) and also there are a lot of associations which make a good very job and they DON'T NEED a princess.

Yes Salma has activities but she's not photographed. That's the difference between WORK and PROPAGANDA.

yazz said:
ALways the same question : always the same answer. :mad:
All charity fields are already patronized in Morocco (especially women rights and child rights by Lalla Meriem, why should Salma "stole" her) and also there are a lot of associations which make a good very job and they DON'T NEED a princess.

Yes Salma has activities but she's not photographed. That's the difference between WORK and PROPAGANDA.

are you sure for this information?
I hope that it is true, because I like a lot lalla salma but I find that (for the moment) she is too discreet for a first lady

Reina said:
I think you are quite mistaken about her looks. She has the clearest skin, beautifully shaped eyes, a perfect nose (I bet she did not have surgery), a long neck, etc. SHe is a unique beauty-not conventional prettiness like her sisters-in-law.

personnaly, I think that she isn't pretty, except her eyes, her features aren't nice
she hasn't a pretty nose, and her neck is too massive, her lips hasn't a pretty shape, her forehead is too big and her line of jaw isn't fine
but she seems to have a happy character and this is the most important:)

why she appears for inaugurate festivals and not to promote an humanitarian cause, it will be better to see her making a useful work
when I see her with her superb kaftan and jeweleries, I think more and more that really she is a vase

samia said:
why she appears for inaugurate festivals and not to promote an humanitarian cause, it will be better to see her making a useful work
when I see her with her superb kaftan and jeweleries, I think more and more that really she is a vase
till now she didn't show she is a cleaver person and having the ability for doing something useful and extraordinary for her country. doesn't she choose carefuly her public activities?
the heavy makeup is worse for a woman with red hair and light skin.

zineb said:
till now she didn't show she is a cleaver person and having the ability for doing something useful and extraordinary for her country. doesn't she choose carefuly her public activities?

Fez is one the UNESCO world heritage and the festival she attended for the second time is the festival of WORLD Sacred music.

"The city of Fez, Morocco, is the perfect place for the Festival of World Sacred Music. The ancient walled city takes pride in its artistic and intellectual heritage, and especially the centuries of peaceful coexistence of its communities of Christians, Jews and Muslims. That's why it's the home to the most diverse musical gathering in the world, bringing together the spiritual music of religions worldwide."
http://www.marocevasions.com/festivals/fezfestival/

This a cultural event of high quality...And if her interest is in culture and in perserving the intellectual and artistic aspect of Fez, A Unesco World heritage...So be it..

This is not a festival of Nancy Ajram, and all the cheap singers.

monamona said:
Fez is one the UNESCO world heritage and the festival she attended for the second time is the festival of WORLD Sacred music.

"The city of Fez, Morocco, is the perfect place for the Festival of World Sacred Music. The ancient walled city takes pride in its artistic and intellectual heritage, and especially the centuries of peaceful coexistence of its communities of Christians, Jews and Muslims. That's why it's the home to the most diverse musical gathering in the world, bringing together the spiritual music of religions worldwide."
http://www.marocevasions.com/festivals/fezfestival/

This a cultural event of high quality...And if her interest is in culture and in perserving the intellectual and artistic aspect of Fez, A Unesco World heritage...So be it..

This is not a festival of Nancy Ajram, and all the cheap singers.
Oh ya. sacred music gets lot of attention from the princess than pauverty of her ppl :D
doesn't she heard "the music" and words of hungry ppl?

Last edited:
zineb said:
Oh ya. sacred music gets lot of attention from the princess than pauverty of her ppl :D
doesn't she heard "the music" and words of hungry ppl?

if she has other activities and this inauguration in more, I think there isn't probleme, but if she only inaugurate a festival (even it is of sacred music, it is only a festival), I think it's vey poor
a member said that she has activities, but they aren't mediatized, perhap's it is true, in call case I hope it for her

One could suggest that a tendancy to make unguarded and harsh statements with regards to Princess Lalla Salma's appearance and disposition have been noticed . In addition, I have also observed the tendancy to compare Morrocan (An African Society) to their Western counterparts. As an African, one can make the statement that in Africa a woman who is married to an African Head of State alhtough powerful with regards to Marriage, a higher level of influence is is utilised at a greater level. In Africa it is improper for a woman of distinction to be overt with thte Power or Influence, which she in her own right wields. She is deemed to be the power behind her Husband and can significantly influence her Husband irrespective of the views of the Court or the Gentry if that were her choice.

Furthermore, although she may not be deemed an asthetic beauty like Queen Rania of Jordan and the like (no offence meant) it doesn't mean that she isn't beautiful in her own right. We Muslims tend to have a saying, that if a Persons Noor and Ruh (Light and Soul) are good/Pious and Beautiful than it shall radiate from within. It is unfortunate that Princess Lalla Salma has been deconstructively criticised by a Large number of members within this forum.

Moreover it is amazing that certain members have forgotten that she wasn't born to Royalty and as such will have to learn as those of us whom are of Royal blood and Rank from Birth did. The difference is, allowances can be made for her. Also unlike others whom one could mention, she tends to focus upon the righteous innate characteristics witin herself and others, rather than compare her achievements, aspirations and attributes to other distinguished Women. There are those in this particular forum who haven't an understanding of Moroccan Culture, which is Berber in origin and not Arab. One mus also highlioght the fact that The Arab and part European influences with the society, came at a later date. If one looks at her features one can clearly see that she is of Berber Origin, therefore she is an indigeonous Moroccan. As such the style of make up would adhere the the traditions of her people.

Finally, for one whom is a fellow African of Distinction must also point out that the Ways of Countries that aren't within the West have Cultures, Customs, Codes of honour societies and civilizations which have a different infrastructure to their Western Counterparts. As such, tollerance should be shown even if very little is known about the aforesaid, instead of quantification of North African Culture etc by Western Methods. Although I've been educated within the West and deem certain parts both beautiful and euphoric, One dislikes the attitude that if it isn't deemed by the west to be descent than it must be improper/illinformed and uncivilized/heathenous.

With regard to History, The Human Race should by now have the ability to look beyond such barriers. Do not judge a Man by his Countenance nor by the height of his stature. For Man seeth not as God seeth. Man looketh on the outward appearance, the Lord Looketh on the Heart. HRH Princess Lalla Salma wife of King Muhammad VI of Morocco, is also a Muslim and as such The Islamic way of life must also take precedence; irrespective of the opinions of the uninformed with regards to the aforementioned (Islamic and Berber) ways of Life. I re-emphasise that HRH Princess Lalla Salma is everything good that is engaging and is a Natural Beauty. This is made evident because both her Ruh, Noor and Niyat (Light, Soul and Intensions) are of Goodness, Sweetness and Piety.

Last edited:
Roshanah, I couldn't have said it better. Well Done. I just would like to add that subconsciously, as women, we tend to subject each other to the standard ideal of beauty. Sad.

I have the feeling that many morrocans don't accept salma, aswell her royal entourage. The king said in a interview that his wife takes their son and they visit olmost daily her maternal grandmother. He mentioned that her grandmothers neigbours were first very surprised, because of the many agents who have to protect the savety of the royals, but that their are accostumed to that now.
To me salma seems a very lovely, high intelligent young women who has little freedom.

naima said:
I have the feeling that many morrocans don't accept salma, aswell her royal entourage. The king said in a interview that his wife takes their son and they visit olmost daily her maternal grandmother. He mentioned that her grandmothers neigbours were first very surprised, because of the many agents who have to protect the savety of the royals, but that their are accostumed to that now.
To me salma seems a very lovely, high intelligent young women who has little freedom.

Who told you that moroccans don't accept the princess!! i never heard someone saying that ...we do like her and we accept her as the other members of the royal family :)...you live in USA how can you know what other people feels about someone who lives in another country !!:confused: and yes she's used to go to visit her grand-mother wich i found very kind from her ...even tought she's princess she doesn't forget where she comes from !

I'm moroccan too and I also live in Morocco as in the us. I travel a lot and I speak a lot of people. I respect her a lot and I also know a lot of her. Many people in the palace don't respect her because she is normal. I also know that many moroccans also in this forum don't respect her. That I find terrible. I think many women discuss how she looks. In real live she is more beautiful then in the pictures. She was born to become the mother of the future king. It is her destiny

naima said:
I'm moroccan too and I also live in Morocco as in the us. I travel a lot and I speak a lot of people. I respect her a lot and I also know a lot of her. Many people in the palace don't respect her because she is normal. I also know that many moroccans also in this forum don't respect her. That I find terrible. I think many women discuss how she looks. In real live she is more beautiful then in the pictures. She was born to become the mother of the future king. It is her destiny

who are these persons who don't respect her, and how do you know that she is more beautiful in real live? Do you meet her

isis said:
who are these persons who don't respect her, and how do you know that she is more beautiful in real live? Do you meet her
It is what I hear and also what I read on the forum. I'm ofcourse not talking about everyone, but there are certain people who are quite negative. Ofcourse everyone is entiteld to their freedom of speech. But I just want to say that the princess is a very lovely, charismatic person who is a little bit shy. Queen rania is in real life as beautiful as in the pictures, but not everyone is made like a model. not everyone looks good all the time on pictures. Salma is an incredible, beautiful young woman who is very concerned with the people and what yazz earlier told, not everything that she does is on photograph.
the other princesses are also amazing.
I hope that I answered your question

naima said:
It is what I hear and also what I read on the forum. I'm ofcourse not talking about everyone, but there are certain people who are quite negative. Ofcourse everyone is entiteld to their freedom of speech. But I just want to say that the princess is a very lovely, charismatic person who is a little bit shy. Queen rania is in real life as beautiful as in the pictures, but not everyone is made like a model. not everyone looks good all the time on pictures. Salma is an incredible, beautiful young woman who is very concerned with the people and what yazz earlier told, not everything that she does is on photograph.
the other princesses are also amazing.
I hope that I answered your question

thank you for your answer:)
personnally I don't think that she is incredibly beautiful, but she has lot of charm and she seems kind
is she charismatic?, I don't know because it must know her personnaly to say that, or she must do big things, but I hope that she is

isis said:
thank you for your answer:)
personnally I don't think that she is incredibly beautiful, but she has lot of charm and she seems kind
is she charismatic?, I don't know because it must know her personnaly to say that, or she must do big things, but I hope that she is
she is very thin. she loves sports. A relative of hers is president of the morrocan aerobic association. She loves that. People at the palace think she goes too far with the sports thing. But I think she's insecure about her body, with all those pictures.
She has lovely eyes. They change with the sun. Sometimes green, and sometimes light brown.
Yes she has charisma. A lot. But not as much as lalla meriem. Meriem is the most beautiful princess. Asmaa is very down to earth and not very impressed by materialism. Hasna is sweet, and very kind.

I heard talk about the salma and her sisters-in-law not getting along, but these pics say something else to me. Either that or they're great actresses, but i truly hope they get along because fighting with in-laws is old and tired. (of course easy for me to say, i don't have in-laws!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
these were only rumors that started when pictures of lalla salma walking in front of her sisters in law during the marrackech film festival, which is the protocol in morocco , the king's wife should walk a step behind her husband and a step in front of his sisters.
but some people were thinking that they just didn't get along.

The problem is only with Lalla Meriem who have very closed ties with her brother, just 1 year younger and brought together. They were like twins. The same problem appeared when Lalla Meriem married Fouad Fillali, Mohammed was jaleous, he thinks someone "stole" him her sister. This is normal and Lalla Salma has very good relations with Rachid, because as he's a man there is no rivality.

it is odd that when paris match visited their palace and took pictures of lalla salma and M6 and their son only M6 was interviewed.
M6 made a step by showing his wife to the world unlike any other moroccan king, but we only know her through photographs and rumors .
so my question to her is :

why don't you speak to your people ? or give interviews?

I wonder about that myself. But I often feel that Lalla Salma is more comfortable taking a backseat to her sisters-in-law, being a wife and mother, and an occassional hostess or going abroad on a few select trips. Nothing she has done so far has given the impression that she is passionate about a certain cause/causes or being an active first lady. I dont want to be hard on her and I dont want to compare her to others but we have examples of other royal women who, while maintaing as normal a family life as possible, immerse themselves into their royal role and duties within months of their marriage. I'll only mention Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei. She wasnt born a royal, is only 18, has been married nearly a year, and despite all of that is an amazingly active royal. She carries out many duties with Brunei and has already made official trips abroad, and in addition to all of this she goes to school, gives her exams, takes part in athletic competitions etc. Now I realize Lalla Salma and CP Sarah are two different people, and the amount of work Sarah does is even more than many of the European crown princesses do, but still she is a good example of the fact that being a royal doesnt mean one cant carry out royal duties and support various causes while maintaining a fullfilling family/private life.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I wonder about that myself. But I often feel that Lalla Salma is more comfortable taking a backseat to her sisters-in-law, being a wife and mother, and an occassional hostess or going abroad on a few select trips. Nothing she has done so far has given the impression that she is passionate about a certain cause/causes or being an active first lady.
i agree humera. so far she doesn't show concern to certain cause/causes or being an active first lady. what she did show well is her passion in changing caftans, suits and jewelleries. that's odd for a young lady with brillant studies. it doesn't reflect either the intelligence which some members spoke about :p
if salma reads this forum , i like to ask her if she is conscious on the change women in her country seeks for since years? and if so what kind of model she shows to girls in her country, be active or simply wife and mother?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom