Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an article about her foundation?

Sharjah Ruler honours winners of the Sharjah Voluntary Work Award 2008
...., including HRH Prince Abdul Aziz bin Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, Princess, Lala Salma, wife of the King of Morocco, H.H. Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum Al Maktoum, wife of Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, .......WAM

The award seems a little premature imho.

The award seems a little premature imho.
it's award with polical meaning Little_star,that kind of award that some states give to the first ladies or royals from"friends countries" is signe of good dipblomatic/poltical relations and the bla bla bla...same when M6 honored Sheikha Fathima year ago.

many congratulations for our princess :)
we want more awards for the next years my lady :)

it's award with polical meaning Little_star,that kind of award that some states give to the first ladies or royals from"friends countries" is signe of good dipblomatic/plitical relations and the bla bla bla...same when M6 honored Sheikha Fathima year ago.
The official reason given is her work in the field of cancer and IMO her work surrounding this issue is very limited still. Her association was established very recently and is still in the early stages of development. A few years down the line and this award might have value but it seems excessive at this point.

As for the "political" motivation you speak of, that just makes it even worse.

Personally, I think that it is wonderful that Lalla Salma is being recognized. Yes, her foundation is in its infancy; however, she has brought a lot of attention to the need for cancer research. This foundation has a lot of potential, and we have only seen good things so far.

Personally, I think that it is wonderful that Lalla Salma is being recognized. Yes, her foundation is in its infancy; however, she has brought a lot of attention to the need for cancer research. This foundation has a lot of potential, and we have only seen good things so far.
Would you mind summarising what those "good things" are please?

There seems to be a lot of criticism of Lalla Salma and the award. Could anyone on this board fill us in with what you know that obviously the committee awarding the award was unaware of.

For a women and a royalty it appears Lalla Salma are breaking new ground in bringing much needed attention to issues that has not previously been discussed openly, much like P. Diana did with AIDS. Is that not in itself something that needs to be recognized?

"issues that has not previously been discussed openly" :whistling:
issues did exist before and there were ppl working on them before. the difference is they didn't get previously the media attention. i have more admire and respect for professors and volunteers who work hard every day, than a princess image. specially in morocco, the media don't put attention on these ppl. all goes around the royal family. On TV they start with king and royal family work, as no one in morocco works :ermm: and government don't recognise ppl effort in the way that should be. u see many awards to artists (who i respect for their persons) but RARELY if i don't say VERY VERY RARELY to scientists, to doctors, medicine and other fields professors etc. the other difference is that salma association got the financing from some moroccan companies. that's same money could be given in more democratic way to ppl as tax payment, good salaries for ppl, and which could be well invested in health system and for other associations in need, not only for king's wife association :cool:

award for what?

imo "working against cancer" should put effort to prevent this disease, specially that in morocco there are many sources for that, like poor working conditions, polluted air, polluted waste of big industries, food quality and so. what salma does right now, is opening treatment centers. did anyone find a treatment for cancer? imo working effectively against cancer is prevention. effort should be put on prevention bcz when cancer is in the human body .. it's done. and treatments and treatment centers should be left to the health minister and doctors.

"issues that has not previously been discussed openly" :whistling:
issues did exist before and there were ppl working on them before. the difference is they didn't get previously the media attention. i have more admire and respect for professors and volunteers who work hard every day, than a princess image.

specially in morocco, the media don't put attention on these ppl. all goes around the royal family. and government don't recognise ppl effort in the way that should be. u see many awards to artists (who i respect for their persons) but RARELY if i don't say VERY VERY RARELY to scientists, to doctors, medicine and other fields professors etc.

the other difference is that salma association got the financing from some moroccan companies. that's same money could be given in more democratic way to ppl as tax payment, good salaries for ppl, and which could be well invested in health system and for other associations in need, not only for king's wife association :cool:
;) as is writen in this article Sorry it's french
TelQuel : Le Maroc tel qu'il est

enormous means with all the sizes of Moroccan finances (which gain in prestige) were implemented for the financing of the king's wife for this medical association, a field forsaken before by the royal family

the other difference is that salma association got the financing from some moroccan companies. that's same money could be given in more democratic way to ppl as tax payment, good salaries for ppl, and which could be well invested in health system and for other associations in need, not only for king's wife association :cool:
sound like good idea Zineb:cool: I would love to know if you fell the same about Lalla meryem,Lalla asmaa and Lalla hasna organization,cause it's same principe:big/rish moroccan companies who give money to the princesses associationsin order to get publicity for them selves and been photographed with the princesses....!!!!what do you think???they should give that money in more democratic way to poor people and other associations than sisters king's associations no:question:

sound like good idea Zineb:cool: I would love to know if you fell the same about Lalla meryem,Lalla asmaa and Lalla hasna organization,cause it's same principe:big/rish moroccan companies who give money to the princesses associationsin order to get publicity for them selves and been photographed with the princesses....!!!!what do you think???they should give that money in more democratic way to poor people and other associations than sisters king's associations no:question:
totaly agree with you girls ;)

i am not Zineb but i can reply, yes , i think it's the same thing about king's sisters or king himself...compagnies should give that money in more democratic way like Zineb explain to poor people by correct salaries and tax or solidarity established system and at the end to associations or fundations like in others contries France, UK, USA for helping and for prestigious communication operation or events

i am not Zineb but i can reply, yes , i think it's the same thing about king's sisters or king himself...compagnies should give that money in more democratic way like Zineb explain to poor people by correct salaries and tax or solidarity established system and at the end to associations or fundations like in others contries France, UK, USA for helping and for prestigious communication operation or events
this is why I say it's sound good idea,still I didn't see king and his sisters get just a little of those kind of critics like Lalla salma:rolleyes:

still I didn't see king and his sisters get just a little of those kind of critics like Lalla salma:rolleyes:
that's right,in same situation,and for almost same duties and engagement Lalla Salma seems to get more or all criticisms than her sisters in law:ermm:

as ikram said, yes, it's the same for sisters in law, king, and rest of royal family.

what's the difference?

imo, other members of royal family behave like that for years, this doesn't mean i'm happy with that or support it. TOTALLY No. and when "royal family" got criticisms, that's include meryem, hasna, asmaa, or others. it depends of the context. salma as palace like to say is "from population". ppl put lot of expectation on her bcz of that. and now you see she behaves same way as the rest of the royal family. ppl thought because of her education, she could do better than her sisters in law, but it's the opposite, more propaganda and media attention (more than her sisters in law), taking over other cancer associations (what her sisters in law didn't in theirs fields), the financing way which encourage the system to stay as is, or even worse giving money bcz of consideration to the rank or bcz of "the image" .. king image, princess image, governor image, etc. salma grown up in the moroccan society (not in the palace like sisters in law) and she should know well how much ppl suffer bcz of "the consideration" stuff. now as king wife, she shouldn't have encourage it in anyway or consider it as a strategy for her own work. to me, it's worse than her sisters in law. this isn't a healthy way to work against cancer, or hope to change anything in the society.

I you knew what you mean Zineb,I undersatnd you opinion and respect I don't agree but I respect it.
but I was asking this question cause I notice in some of you're posts and some of others members posts on moroccan princesses thread that when it's about the sisters in law work the comments are always like:"how good is her work ","she's harg working princess""perfect princess"....when it's Lalla salma and we both know that all moroccan princesses work with same system and same if I have to say game'rules or like MLilo said in same situation nearly same duties she got all the criticisms wich is weird and double standard...
they are princesse from their born we don't exept alot from so let's jump on that and pass to the courtesies,her she is comenor and she always has to proove her self..??

shrifia, please no confusion.
so far, in my posts, the comparison between sisters in law and salma, were about style, elegance, charm and so. and yes, i prefer their styles and tastes. that has nothing to do with their believes or how good or not in their duties.
it's the opposite, i see that many of your posts, are about salma and king works and comments that she does better than her sisters in law. i never say they do better than her. so for their work, to me, there are no double standards. same strategy and her is the worst. maybe we didn't have the chance to say this in the past, but here it is. as said, she "was" from the population, new to the palace. she could prove her strong personality (as u and many members did repeat in the past). but with time she proves she is same as the rest of the royal family. what counts is monarchy image not empowering ppl.

that's right,in same situation,and for almost same duties and engagement Lalla Salma seems to get more or all criticisms than her sisters in law:ermm:

Though, I am new in writing in this forum,I am following your interventions since a long time.I also noticed the same harsh and systematic criticism against Lalla Salma.On the other side,her sisters in law are always perfect for some of you.:nonono:
This criticism concerns not only her style but also her activities.
As far as I am concerned,I try to be neutral.:flowers:
In her activities,I don't think that she fails in her duty.I find that she is lovely and she represents her country very well.I have lot of sympathy for this lady even if she fails sometimes to be perfect in her her way of dressing.But after all, no one criticised or doubted of the sincerity of queen Elisabeth II because only because she wears very flashy colors :lol:.I don't think that Lalla Salma's sisters in law do better,I don't always find them very stylish and their activities have nothing special.

Except Lalla Hasna who seems to be very kind and down to earth,the two others seem very snobish and hardly smile.May be I am wrong,but this is what I see and feel through the different photos we have.On the contrary,king Mohamed 6,seems to be warm when behaving with people.Lalla Salma seems also warm with people.
May be,king Mohamed 6 and his wife represent a new school and king's sisters the ancient and stiff school of their father.
Please,don't tell me that it's the protocol who wants them to be snobish and that they are professionnal.because we have lot of good examples with other royal families whose members are very cheerful and kind with their people:Denmark,Great Britain,Brunei,sweeden,Netherlands... etc
May be this is just an appearance but I think that it's important for rulers to show respect and kindness for their people.And in this matter Lalla Salma is good.

I also think that Lalla Salma gets the money to her association in the same way as her sisters in law so I don't understand the debate.This way of collecting money is not particular for Morroco.This happens in all countries even in the richest one.
In France,the former first lady(Mme Chirac)was and is still at the head of an association "les pièces jaunes" who collects money to build rooms inside hospitals for the families of sick children and many other facilities for sick children,elderly and lonely mothers.Mme Chirac was never criticised for this activity even by her husband opponents.I have never heard someone telling it was advertising for her husband.

I personally think that Lalla Salma is sincere in wanting to help people suffering of cancer.I think that she can't be doing that for publicity or for the protocol.I can't believe that a person who lost her mother when she was very young isn't sincere and devoted for this cause.
And even if,it was for publicity and doesn't benefiate for the majority i will try to be positive and happy for those few who beneficiate of this program.

I don' think that she has to prove more than the king's sisters and aunt's.Her situation is certainly more delicate than their's.Don't forgot that she is not royal by blood and there are certainly resistance against change.She has to respect the protocol more than others.Although,I understand people having high expectations, I don't think that she has to do a revolution.It will be stupid to believe that she can do the job of the governement or of the king.
The ruler is the king and he is the only one who can change things.let's hope good changes will occur.After all,we have already seen two good changes:the king' wife is now public and he no longer has a harem and the second change is the new laws who give more rights for women.
These a for me changes that no one could have expected at the time of his father king Hassen II.
May be she is trying to influence her husband,may be she can't succeed in convincing her husband to bring the changes some hope,but let's hope she will influence her son and futur king.
Poverty has always been a threat to monarchies and governements and I think that the king is intelligent enough to know this and is in need of a good staff,his wife can only give some advice and not change the mentalities.
To summarize I will give you the translation of a good french proverb which suits perfectly for the situation"the most beautiful woman in the world can't give more than what she possesses or has".So let's try to avoid giving Lalla Salma a too heavy burden;)

Though, I am new in writing in this forum,I am following your interventions since a long time.I also noticed the same harsh and systematic criticism against Lalla Salma.On the other side,her sisters in law are always perfect for some of you.:nonono:
This criticism concerns not only her style but also her activities.
As far as I am concerned,I try to be neutral.:flowers:
In her activities,I don't think that she fails in her duty.I find that she is lovely and she represents her country very well.I have lot of sympathy for this lady even if she fails sometimes to be perfect in her her way of dressing.But after all, no one criticised or doubted of the sincerity of queen Elisabeth II because only because she wears very flashy colors :lol:.I don't think that Lalla Salma's sisters in law do better,I don't always find them very stylish and their activities have nothing special.
no one says either that Chanel or Valentino suits influence the brain and intellegence :lol:

Except Lalla Hasna who seems to be very kind and down to earth,the two others seem very snobish and hardly smile.May be I am wrong,but this is what I see and feel through the different photos we have.On the contrary,king Mohamed 6,seems to be warm when behaving with people.Lalla Salma seems also warm with people.
May be,king Mohamed 6 and his wife represent a new school and king's sisters the ancient and stiff school of their father.
Please,don't tell me that it's the protocol who wants them to be snobish and that they are professionnal.because we have lot of good examples with other royal families whose members are very cheerful and kind with their people:Denmark,Great Britain,Brunei,sweeden,Netherlands... etc
May be this is just an appearance but I think that it's important for rulers to show respect and kindness for their people.And in this matter Lalla Salma is good.
snobish or not, at the end they are the same.

I also think that Lalla Salma gets the money to her association in the same way as her sisters in law so I don't understand the debate.This way of collecting money is not particular for Morroco.This happens in all countries even in the richest one.
In France,the former first lady(Mme Chirac)was and is still at the head of an association "les pièces jaunes" who collects money to build rooms inside hospitals for the families of sick children and many other facilities for sick children,elderly and lonely mothers.Mme Chirac was never criticised for this activity even by her husband opponents. i have never heard someone telling it was advertising for her husband.
i respect your opinion, but to me it's unfair and unjust to compare the uncomparables. france and morocco features can't be compared. chirac and his wife aren't royal. as for Mme Chirac association "pieces jaunes", i didn't see her going the year around collecting these "pieces jaunes". she does it in few weeks, and she does let ppl do the rest of the work. would u compare an european president and his family to an arab royal :nonono: come on! and financing isn't controlled in the same way. the time when chirac had "maybe" paid salaries for non existant employees at Paris city hall ... court kept following him till he ends his mandates and are investigating in it. i never heard something similar for m6 or his family. and those companies in france aren't in same situation as companies in morocco. could u imagine a company in france, UK or USA isn't paying good salaries or have other problems, could support royal member or someone else, without getting a lot of media attention and discussion on TV and so. lucky salma, this doesn't happen in morocco.

I personally think that Lalla Salma is sincere in wanting to help people suffering of cancer.I think that she can't be doing that for publicity or for the protocol.I can't believe that a person who lost her mother when she was very young isn't sincere and devoted for this cause.
And even if,it was for publicity and doesn't benefiate for the majority i will try to be positive and happy for those few who beneficiate of this program.

I don' think that she has to prove more than the king's sisters and aunt's.Her situation is certainly more delicate than their's.Don't forgot that she is not royal by blood and there are certainly resistance against change.She has to respect the protocol more than others.Although,I understand people having high expectations, I don't think that she has to do a revolution.It will be stupid to believe that she can do the job of the governement or of the king.
The ruler is the king and he is the only one who can change things.let's hope good changes will occur.After all,we have already seen two good changes:the king' wife is now public and he no longer has a harem and the second change is the new laws who give more rights for women.
These a for me changes that no one could have expected at the time of his father king Hassen II.
May be she is trying to influence her husband,may be she can't succeed in convincing her husband to bring the changes some hope,but let's hope she will influence her son and futur king.
Poverty has always been a threat to monarchies and governements and I think that the king is intelligent enough to know this and is in need of a good staff,his wife can only give some advice and not change the mentalities.
me too, i'm happy for those who beneficiate of this program. unfortunately they are few, compare to thousands of ppl in need. that's why i say it's not the perfect way to work effectively and prevent this diseas. neither to give the good example for others who want to help other associations and thousands if not millions ppl in need. the media attention and association's "marketing" let ppl think as cancer is the only disease and lonely health problem that exist in morocco. what about other diseases, what about hospitals and other associations that need all kind of support and money?
yes, she isn't expected to do revolution but many members here repeated this and how perfect she is. it's nice to clarify it :) and yes u are right, it will be stupid to believe that she can do the job of the governement or of the king .. but apparently this what she tries to do: taking health minister and medecine professors roles and she seems happy with that. even her travel to attend every conference abroad, do cost a lot money for her and the hundreds of ppl around her, as few ppl could do it effectively.

To summarize I will give you the translation of a good french proverb which suits perfectly for the situation"the most beautiful woman in the world can't give more than what she possesses or has".So let's try to avoid giving Lalla Salma a too heavy burden;)
good proverb, it's true ;)

Would you mind summarising what those "good things" are please?

i agree, i struggle to see what have been the "breakthroughs" of salma's work in cancer. she was obviously involved with cancer, but i wouldn't say she achieved much in these last years, but perhaps i have not followed it close enough.

the fact that certain companies have offered money for the sake of obtaining popularity from salma's organization is also quite upsetting and i guess the royal court should have had a close look at. it really ruins the purpose of the organization (to help with cancer-related activities in a non-lucrative manner) and it speaks poorly of the royal family.

what salma does right now, is opening treatment centers. did anyone find a treatment for cancer?

good point, in my opinion. perhaps someone needs to clarify better what these "treatment" centres do, it's obviously we are awarding someone or some organization for something we don't really understand!

For a women and a royalty it appears Lalla Salma are breaking new ground in bringing much needed attention to issues that has not previously been discussed openly

i think cancer is in everyman's words as of today. i would very much doubt if people didn't know what it was. it's completely different to AIDS, which had a somewhat "negative" connotation (as it had a direct link to drugs for example when it first started to get publically announced). that was the reason why diana did so much, because she broke the tabu.

no one says either that Chanel or Valentino suits influence the brain and intellegence :lol:]

I don't see any problem in seeing a first lady being stylish.She represents her country and It will be sad if she gives a bad image of her country. I personnally,find it shocking to see some royal wearing too much couture(ex queen Rania)while their country is very poor.Lalla Salma doesn't appear regularly in public so I hope her collection of couture isn't as big as Rania's.
Sadly,no one speaks of the other morocan princesses expensive cloths.
I wasn't discussing the opportunity for Lalla Salma to wear couture but I was only criticising the fact that she is only one who is criticised.

[snobish or not, at the end they are the same.]
Are you sure? Personnally i prefer someone who treats me correctly.
May be this is a european point of view.

[i respect your opinion, but to me it's unfair and unjust to compare the uncomparables. france and morocco features can't be compared. financing isn't controlled in the same way. and those companies in france aren't in same situation as companies in morocco.]

May be your are true,I know nothing about Morrocan finances but I think there is a budget for each ministery.I just tried to explain that even in France which is relatively a rich country,there is a need for the associations' help in the domain of health and other domains.So in a poor country this seems to be more true.So,I don't see any problem in seing an association trying to help people suffering from cancer.As for the compagnies,believe me they are nearly all the same;) whatever is the country.The only differences are social laws who are more severe in some countries

[me too, i'm happy for those who beneficiate of this program. it's just no the perfect way to work effectively and prevent the diseas. neither to give the good example for others who want to help other associations and thousands if not millions ppl in need.
yes, she isn't expected to do revolution but many members here repeated this. it's nice to clarify it :) and yes u are right, it will be stupid to believe that she can do the job of the governement or of the king .. but apparently this what she tries to do. taking health minister and medecine professors roles.]

I am perfectly aware that things are not perfect.Things are not perfect even in rich countries.I have a friend who worked in the navy and he told me that he was exposed to asbestos (amiante) and he knows that one day he will die of a cancer.There are many workers who were exposed to toxic products and it seems that is only in these 10 last year that it becomes an important issue in France.A big french university was decontaminated only recently.So,the situation is certainly worse in poor countries.
Lalla Salma is just at the head of an association and certainly trying her best to make things change at her level.As for preventing diseases,improving salaries this is not exclusivly the job of an association.This is the job of the governement,of trade unions,politicians...etc
It's easy to always criticise the rulers,but the population has to ask for it's rights through legal means:associations,trade unions,political party.
When the king is visiting some areas ,crowds of people are singing and dancing and you expect a princess to do a miracle?Why don't some people in this happy crowd speak to the king of their problems.
You say that she takes the ministere role,she is just dealing with the problem of cancer not of other diseases.So the ministere can still work on others health problems and may be this will encourage him to work harder.As for professor roles,their job is to heal sick people,not to make publicity and inaugurate hospitals.Even, in Europe association tend to call famous singers,actors to represent their associations:the best example is Zinedine Zidane,the football player who represents Ela association.In Europe,only some very famous professors in medecine who discovered diseases or where the first to make an operation have access to the media,the others are in theirs hospitals.
If Salma coordinate some associations or services,I don't know where is the problem,I think that she is able to do it.I don't think that she is stupid

[good proverb, it's true ;)]
Poor Salma,let her work some years and then judge her work.

sorry zineb my previous message was a response to your's. I didn't
quote your extracts correctly.As I have said i am familiar in reading
the forum but obviously not in responding with muti quotations.<br>your extracts are between brackets<br>Sorry for the moderator if I was sometimes out of topic<br>

Princess Lalla Salma receives Sharjah voluntary work award
Sharjah (UAE), 31 Dec. 2008 (MAP)- Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of King Mohammed VI, was granted the Sharjah Voluntary Work Award in recognition of her efforts to support people affected by cancer.....MAP

it's obvious that it's a diplomatic gesture, as the one who did president Wade when he decorated lalla Salma, it's well known that M6 and president Wade have very good relation-ship and son's president Karim Wade is a good friend of the king
I remember last year when lalla salma was chosen as one of the "young leader" of the world, in the Maghreb, two persons was chosen and lalla salma was one of them, really I was chocked, I can enumerate a list of young people that make an extraordinary work in the 05 countries of Maghreb, which merited to be in this list, they work in associative world without big means, and they make a great job, and others work in political world in very hard conditions, an example: Mr Karim Tabou, he is a leader of a socialist party in Algeria, he is 38 years old, and he is a militant of democracy and freedom, who merited to be in the list lalla salma or Karim Tabou
But when you know that who led the committee in Davos who choose the "young leaders" was queen Rania of Jordan, you can understand why the choice of Lalla Salma, it was the choice of the status-quo, and the fact that she is young and a woman isn't a proof of anything for me, you can be young and a woman and support obsolete systems.
Personally, in our time I don't care a lot about prizes; most of the time they are given for bad reasons.

about the discussion about the fact that some members are more critic with lalla salma than with her sisters in law, for me it's absolutly normal since lalla salma is presented as different than others, it's always these commentaries that we read in magazine, she is presentend like the "queen of the people" "the queen of heart" and who give a new visage for the palace, the, when you saw her use the same mehode in her way to do her job than other members of MRF, personally, that irritated me a lot, and I make more critic for her than for her sisters-in-law, who haven't all these publicity around them

I don't see any problem in seeing a first lady being stylish.She represents her country and It will be sad if she gives a bad image of her country. I personnally,find it shocking to see some royal wearing too much couture(ex queen Rania)while their country is very poor.Lalla Salma doesn't appear regularly in public so I hope her collection of couture isn't as big as Rania's.
Sadly,no one speaks of the other morocan princesses expensive cloths.
I wasn't discussing the opportunity for Lalla Salma to wear couture but I was only criticising the fact that she is only one who is criticised.
i'm not opposite that a first lady looks nice and stylish, but by chance, the extravagance stylish first ladies are only in the 3rd world ;) how comes that first ladies in rich countries don't have money to afford haute couture suits and 3rd world first ladies can :whistling:

May be your are true,I know nothing about Morrocan finances but I think there is a budget for each ministery.I just tried to explain that even in France which is relatively a rich country,there is a need for the associations' help in the domain of health and other domains.So in a poor country this seems to be more true.So,I don't see any problem in seing an association trying to help people suffering from cancer.As for the compagnies,believe me they are nearly all the same;) whatever is the country.The only differences are social laws who are more severe in some countries
the problem isn't in financing associations, the problem is in this specific association and how it got over other cancer associations and the financing than anybody else. which is far from being democratic.

I am perfectly aware that things are not perfect.Things are not perfect even in rich countries.I have a friend who worked in the navy and he told me that he was exposed to asbestos (amiante) and he knows that one day he will die of a cancer.There are many workers who were exposed to toxic products and it seems that is only in these 10 last year that it becomes an important issue in France.A big french university was decontaminated only recently.So,the situation is certainly worse in poor countries. Lalla Salma is just at the head of an association and certainly trying her best to make things change at her level.As for preventing diseases,improving salaries this is not exclusivly the job of an association.This is the job of the governement,of trade unions,politicians...etc
right, the situation is worse in poor countries and gets even worse when you see an educated first lady who shows concern on cancer, does work hard to collect money, get media attention and not helping well to stops bad practices that contribute to new cases of cancer each year. who can stop her from making compaigns to stop big industries pollution, etc? this doesn't need someone to be a politician to have concern about it and help to change it. if she really does concern about other ppl (who may are in their way to get cancer) she should think twice on best strategy for her association as her slogan is "work against cancer"

It's easy to always criticise the rulers,but the population has to ask for it's rights through legal means:associations,trade unions,political party.
When the king is visiting some areas ,crowds of people are singing and dancing and you expect a princess to do a miracle?Why don't some people in this happy crowd speak to the king of their problems.
You say that she takes the ministere role,she is just dealing with the problem of cancer not of other diseases.So the ministere can still work on others health problems and may be this will encourage him to work harder.As for professor roles,their job is to heal sick people,not to make publicity and inaugurate hospitals.Even, in Europe association tend to call famous singers,actors to represent their associations:the best example is Zinedine Zidane,the football player who represents Ela association.In Europe,only some very famous professors in medecine who discovered diseases or where the first to make an operation have access to the media,the others are in theirs hospitals.
If Salma coordinate some associations or services,I don't know where is the problem,I think that she is able to do it.I don't think that she is stupid
RECOGNATION does miracles. so let ppl do their work, give them support and they will do it better than what princess does. let ppl and association be equal to get support and money and you will be happy to see that you contribute to better practices and real change .. this if she really what she is looking for as again her association and speeches said ;)

Poor Salma,let her work some years and then judge her work.
this what ppl said here in this forum 7 years ago. no problem, years to come but don't put lot of expectations as many did in the past ;)

about the discussion about the fact that some members are more critic with lalla salma than with her sisters in law, for me it's absolutly normal since lalla salma is presented as different than others, it's always these commentaries that we read in magazine, she is presentend like the "queen of the people" "the queen of heart" and who give a new visage for the palace, the, when you saw her use the same mehode in her way to do her job than other members of MRF, personally, that irritated me a lot, and I make more critic for her than for her sisters-in-law, who haven't all these publicity around them
I don't think she is using anything more than her sisiters in law to do her job she is equal to them in everything even they all have to same margin of official media cover(TV and newspapers),only the no official/governmental media who enjoy the some freedom they have to make money from cover of lalla salma as poeple are always excited to know more about her this is why there is alot of about here in media than the other princesses maybe evey moroccan know alot about Meryem or hasna but still want more about Salma,she don't ask from any one to call her"queen of the people","the queen of heart"....
my notice was simple she got alot/most of criticims for work/look that in the same conditions her sisters in law are perfect in:rolleyes: moreover ppl who claim this criticims have the some notice about the sisters in law work but it's only courties we see in their thread :ermm:I see that I am not the only one who notice that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom