Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosa do you really think that arab leaders are going to give awards to political leaders who are in the opposition? Personally,I don't think that this will happen one day.I don't want to offend anyone.Let's hope a nobel price will be possible.
Rosa and Zineb,I totally agree with your political point of view.There are things that should change.I am not blind .I am a convinced democrat.From the start,the only thing I wanted to say and I keep the same opinion is that it's unfair to burden one lady with all the problems that exist in a country.
I just want to see her as a leader of a social association not a political leader.As I have already said,I never expected her or any other individual to do a revolution by his own means.Revolutionnary ideas are imposed either by the will of a strong leader or by collective political awareness and demand.
You keep thinking that something good and positive can inevetably be brougt by the work of associations.You just seem to forgot that the members of associations are not always altruists.Even in Europe some great associations are composed of some corrupted people.Therefore,the situation is even worse in thirld world countries.I don't want to offend anyone.
Do you think that it's the role of an association to impose non smoking in administrations and compagnies and the same thing with pollution,all this is a political affair.For smoking,it's also a question of education,I don't undestand people imposing the smoke of cigarettes to others.Laws should be imposed by governement
I keep remembering something said by king Hussein of Jordan concerning queen Noor.He said that when jordan population is angry against my policy he tends to criticise only queen Noor and never him.
I stop my intervention here as I its forbidden to speak too much politics in this forum.I hope the moderator will not be angry

soraya, you can't separate first lady social work from the political role of her husband, without being non objective ;) everywhere, first lady and leader are one. and it’s even more evident in countries like morocco or Jordan. if the leader is in democratic country, he, his wife and family wealth is subject to state control. and leaders of 3rd world aren't, and there are many things going on between first lady role and politics role of her husband. so what differ is the system, transparency and power of democracy. example: bill clinton was asked to give a list of all donors to his foundation, before a job as futur state secretary was given to his wife hillary. investigation was going on (and will still go on during her mandate) to be sure that there are no intervention between her job and his donors .. lucky salma and MRF.

yes, i believe that cancer is not just a medical issue, it's a social, economical and political issue as well. and yes, i think it's the role of an association to EDUCATE and PROTECT ppl from smoking in administrations, public places, companies and the same thing with pollution and any thing related to cancer. and since salma makes her association global (not even limited to a specific type of cancer), her role should bring awareness and debate about pollution, poor working conditions in many industries and all type of cancer causes. you know because of many associations and foundations around the world, laws have been imposed. do you know that some cancer societies around the world have their advocates, who work on some issues and help to pass laws and can be successful in eliminate suffering and death due to cancer. so if she doesn't and laws aren't imposed by governement, her association role is just for her image, not for "against cancer". and unfortunately opening treatment centers will be for the coming new cancer patients on the queue. could you tell me what she does right now "AGAINST cancer"?

as for king hussein's response, he was protecting his wife and you use same words for salma. yes, she can do a lot if she is capable, but we have already clarify that she isn't expected to do so :)

I don't think she is using anything more than her sisiters in law to do her job she is equal to them in everything...
When you speak like this, one we can think that she is victim of injustice, and that she is always under the critic, personally I found that she has lot of fan (too much in my opinion;)), who like all what she do, her way to dress (that I found most of the time of bad taste), and her way to do her job of first lady, (that is for me, very poor).
Her sisters in law? Imo they have a better taste, but when I saw them with a style that I don’t like I say it (as the last month at the visit of lalla meryem in a shool in Amsterdam), but sorry for me it’s very rare that they don’t be nice, as for salma it’s very rare to see her elegant.
About their activities: they are less critic and less comments about them, because their most important jobs are doing under the label of the kingdom, hasna with M6 foundation for environnment, Meryem with" l'Association marocaine de soutien à l'UNICEF," the "Fondation Hassan II pour les Marocains résidant à l'étranger", "l'Observatoire national marocain des droits de l'enfant" and the "Fondation Hassan II pour les œuvres sociales des anciens militaires et des anciens combattants" the only one who make her job under her name is Asma, who is a very discreet lady and we very rarely speak about her, for salma the job is doing under her name, and all what is doing has her name, and the difference is very big. she (or the palace) choose this way, but as she benefit of the publicity that give her all what do the association, it's normal that she has some critics when people don’t like her way to do her job.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is the thread for P Lalla Salma's current events why has it turned into a discussion of her vs. her sister in law's? The King and his wife Lalla Salma are the royal couple and the rest of the family is just that, even it they have the title Princesses.

well yes I do think it's injust to critic some one for the same thing you give courties to the others.
you don't fell it's injust when you're work is under fire and always compared with others works who start work before you a years ago???
this the case of Lalla salma and her sisters in law;Lalla meryem start her charitable work 27 years ago Lalla salma 5 years ago and she is criticed because meryem did much more than her!!!!I don't know for you rosa but yes it's injustice here.
about royal giving their name to their work:I agree I never undersand that and Lalla salma is not the only one in royal circle look at the Quantity of projects that cary the name of Rania...

We've gone beyond the scope of thread.

Time to get back to Lalla Salma's current events.

Humera
Morocco Forum Moderator

First ladies in peace action
....Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s wife, Emine Erdoğan, invited France’s first lady, Carla Bruni, Spain’s Sonsoles Espinosa, Syria’s Esma Esat, Jordan’s Queen Raina Al Abdullah, the Lebanese president’s wife, Vefa Süleyman, Azerbaijan’s Mihriban Aliyev, Morocco’s Queen Lalla Selma and Qatar’s Queen Sheikha Mozah to the summit, pointing to the human tragedy in the region. .....

sorry but I don't see how this meeting will be useful to Gaza,personnaly I don't see them succeeded where their husbands failed.

that's only an invitation, right? we will see if they will accept it or not. even i'm not sure if they will, since the "men" don't see any reason to held arab summit. and i agree, i don't see either how this meeting can be useful where heir husbands failed. i don't see any arab king/president who is active in the region, has such power and when he makes a statement, his voice is well heard or can be taken in consideration.

i'm even surprised that arab leaders allowed ppl to protest in the streets. maybe that's the only thing they can do ;) during the 1st iraq war, hassan II made a speech and said that he will not allow ppl to protest in the streets in morocco bcz of what was happening in iraq, and if someone does, he/she will be prosecuted in the military court.
ok, maybe few things have changed since the time of hassan II, but i think no arab leader does really care about what happen in Gaza or can react in the way it should be, bcz what matters for them is to keep their positions and stay in power as long as possible. so i'm afraid if this happen one day to morocco or any arab country, no one will "move a finger" to help. so i think arab leaders are doing well to stay in power, keeping peace in the country and for themselves, but of course it's above democracy ..

that's an interesting meeting. hopefully they will achieve something, although not sure if it would help, unless they are maybe trying to focus on the more humanitarian perspective? salma, rania and mozah have confirmed their assistance.

I agree with the previous posters about how difficult it will be for the women to achieve something in an area where their male counterparts have failed. However, I do think that the women will bring a fresh perspective to this tragic situation. I am holding out hope that they will be able to make progress in the humanitarian aspect in this conflict. Sometimes a different way of thinking can make a big difference. Lalla Salma is undoubtedly very intelligent. I hope that she, along with the other ladies, can come up with some feasible plans to help the innocent people involved in this. I am very curious to hear more about this meeting.

Princess Lalla Salma is in today Turkey - Istanbul. For World Peace.
Invitation Owner : Emine Erdogan - Turkish First Lady
Place : Four Season Hotel - Istanbul

Other Guest
Queen Rania of Jordan
Esma Assad - Syria
Hamad Bin Isa El Halife's wife - Bahreyn
Mihriban Aliyev - Azerbaijan
Seyha Mozah of Qatar
Liri Berisa of Albania
Begum Gilani - Pakistan
Lebenon First Lady
Naomi Cambell

http://www.haberx.com/Politika-Haberleri/Ocak-2009/First-Ladyler-dunya-barisi-icin-bulusuyor.aspx

http://www.hurhaber.com/news_detail.php?id=167536

naomi campbell? come on. i already thought that carla bruni, although she has been involved in many good causes lately, was the most "popular" they could get in the meeting. what's naomi campbell going to do there? she is not even involved in humanitarian causes!

the hotel is certainly adorable though: http://istanbul.intercontinental.com.tr/

i wonder if we will see them out and about doing some tourism in the lovely istanbul. carla seems to be the type of person keen to explore.

wow, I can't wait to see Lalla Salma and first lady of Syria. Don't know why Cambell.
by the way I saw sheikh Mozah talking on TV; she is a strong lady.

she is already in Istanbul QUEENECE29??can you pplz tell more about the meeting and if they will be any photos??our turkish is poor:)
thanks.

naomi campbell is there too :eek:

Official Announce :

"Women's Meeting for Peace in Palestine", an initiative led by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's wife Emine Erdogan, will be held in Istanbul. (2:30 p.m.)

thanks alot QUEENECE29:flowers:
just one more question plz:blush:,we know now that Lalla Salma and QRania are already in Istanbul for the meeting,what about Carla Bruni is hse there too??
thanks again :flowers:

Yes Carla Bruni will come!
Asma Asad(Syria's first lady),Queen Rania,Lalla Salma,Sheikha Mozah,Vafa Suleyman(Lebanon's first lady),Sonsoles Espinosa(Spain's first lady),Mihriban Aliyev(Azerbaijan's first kady) will come to Turkey for giving peace message! Emine Erdogan(Turkey's first lay) invited them our country for giving peace message to all over the world.The meeting will be in Çırağan Palace or For Seasons Hotel.It will be at 15.00.:flowers:

i look forward to see this meeting,i think will be very intersting summit.

I think the same thing,too it will be very interesting summit!:)

for me the summit is without interest, for the humanitarian aids, the problem is that the border gaza-egypt is close to make enter the aids, can these ladies open the border, the answer is no, imo, the better that can make these ladies is to not disturb the attention of people with their unsuful summit, and let people concentrate in serious things

for me the summit is without interest, for the humanitarian aids, the problem is that the border gaza-egypt is close to make enter the aids, can these ladies open the border, the answer is no, imo, the better that can make these ladies is to not disturb the attention of people with their unsuful summit, and let people concentrate in serious things
These women have complete access to the people in power so why not get together and talk about what they can do. They probably know a lot more about what the situation is than most of us who only read what the press is allowed to write.
The women behind the men ruling the world have immense power to persuade and to impart a different perspective. Besides most men in power marry very capable and intelligent women.

Mademoiselle Lilo,Carla Bruni didn't come. I don't know the reason.
Lalla Salma didn't come,either.Why is that?

i have no idea Turkish Delight :nonono: i have to say that when i didn't found anything about her and this meeting in Maghreb Arab Press i start to have doubts about her presence.

it seems that many of the attendees didn't go in the end. such a shame. i wonder if they actually achieved anything. it was nice seeing rania, sheikha mozah and syria's first lady though.

did you ever seen M6 attend regional meetings in africa or middle east? :nonono: so same attitude and reasons behind salma absence. i had doubts she will attend

yes Carlota was shame Lalla Salma,Carla and spanish prime minister's wife didn't attend,you're question is good i too wonder about what they decide to help Gaza??

yes Carlota was shame Lalla Salma,Carla and spanish prime minister's wife didn't attend,you're question is good i too wonder about what they decide to help Gaza??

I haven't got any idea for that but they gave peace message to all world.

did you ever seen M6 attend regional meetings in africa or middle east? :nonono: so same attitude and reasons behind salma absence. i had doubts she will attend
i don't think it's the reason Zineb true that M6 is not very in love with meetings and conferences,but her wife did attend some interstings international/regional meetings,about cancer in Cairo,Sida in Dakar,Guneva......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom