Princess Lalla Salma Current Events: February 2005-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the kaftan, the shape, and the embroideries, for me all is of very bad taste
About her make-up, for what I saw in this photo, the color of the lipstick is too hard
I think also, that the jewels aren't well chosen, small earrings would be more distinguish with this loud dress, and the white belt with the green and red colour of the dress isn't a good choice, a green belt, (with the same material than the kaftan), would be better
About her hairdo, I think that it's of very old fashion, and in more she never changed it, she has the same hairdo, the day or the evening

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

i agree with u rosa. i don't like the earrings they are too long :ohmy: :ohmy:

How can you guys see her jewellery in that picture? I think we need a close-up before we start analyzing her makeup and earrings.

Humera said:
How can you guys see her jewellery in that picture? I think we need a close-up before we start analyzing her makeup and earrings.

I make a zoom of the photo in my computer, and for me (and it's only my opinion), the earings don't match with the dress

I saw the event on TV and I noticed that Lsalma lost some weight that she gain.
I agree with Humera that her her jewellery and makeup are not clear in this pic to judge.and about the caftan I am not professional on fashion:D but I don't think that it's so bad.it's nice caftan.

Last edited:
rosa said:
About her hairdo, I think that it's of very old fashion, and in more she never changed it, she has the same hairdo, the day or the evening

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

when was this event from ?
She's looking very pretty, well i cant really see the earings but they look nice, i like the length & i think they do match her caftan

Personally, I don't think it's so bad- and the white belt matches the white trim down the center front of the caftan. The subtler color of green and the deep red go with her hair, and better than some of her other caftans. And from what I can see of the earrings, they look fine.

she is a princesse and she is not supposed to wear what is in fashion. it very difficult because in Morocco, if you wear a caftan, you try to wear something no one else wears. i love her way of dressing because she doesn't follow the fashion.

I saw her on TV yesterday, when she welcomed the guests at the dinner, and I agree with rosa, her style was very loud
I agree also about the earrings, with a so flashy kaftan, it woul be of a better taste to wear a discrete ones

I have to say I don't like the caftan, she's worn a similar green and red combination before, although that was more of a mint green. Her caftans often seem a little gaudy to me and the colours often seem to clash.

I really couldn't comment on the hair, make-up or jewellery though as the picture is too far away. She still looks like she may be carrying baby weight as her face looks quite chubby, that could just be down to the camera angle though.

as almost each time, I find that this Lady with really a problem of look, toilets, of make-up of dress of jewels I know myself there well in caftan that Ci is quite simply obsolete this girl wears most of the time Moroccan clothing or Europeans who are not his age this princess has a serious problem of look and it is a pity very

morgeanne said:
she is a princesse and she is not supposed to wear what is in fashion. it very difficult because in Morocco, if you wear a caftan, you try to wear something no one else wears. i love her way of dressing because she doesn't follow the fashion.

I am sorry the princesses can follow the fashion in the caftans
especially that the mode of the caftans is very beautiful and rich in Morocco
then the other Moroccan Princesses are always very elegant even while carrying the most traditional caftans or teckchitas
-good cut
-of pretty colors
-and with the suitable jewels

Lalla Salma is very very very seldom elegant (see never) however it could be easy for this so pretty girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Several posts have been deleted, others have been moved to the following thread:
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style

The current events thread is meant to focus on the Princess's official engagements. If you'd like to comment on Lalla Salma's style in detail, please do so in the Fashion Forum.

Humera
Royal Family of Morocco Moderator

Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI of Morocco, called for upholding inter-religious, inter-cultural coexistence as one of the "pressing priorities to be tackled in order to defend universal values UNESCO stands for
MAP

Princess Lalla Salma, wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, attends the 34th session of the Unesco's general conference flanked by the organisation's general director Koichiro Matsuura, 29 October 2007 in Paris.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I love her smile and geniune personality. Many of this forum (I have been reading this for almost 4 years now) comment on her looks and compare them to her sisters-in-law. Personally I think the point is moot. They all have different looks - clearly some think her sisters in law are more beautiful and Moroccan. You cannot hide somebody's personality and charisma and I think Salma has got it in bunches (regardless of fashion sense).

I'm so glad to see Salma finally taking a more active role and pursuing interests like this, she's always disappointed me in the past with her poor schedule but it's good to see her particpating in events like this and I hope it's a sign she's going to be more active.

I don't like the outfit, I'm not sure about her obsession with pink, aside from the fact it clashes terribly with her hair, it's quite an insipid colour. Plus the coat is a bad cut and not at all flattering to her.

I like her suit, for me it's elegant, but her coat has a horrible cut, she looks like a "mongolfiére" (I don't know the word in english, exuse me)with it, and as usually she is too make-up for a day
does anyone heard her speech?

PS: she seems to get weight her face is more full than before, no?

i agree with you the coat was not so good but the outfit is so elegant i like it alot it suit her.
about her face i don't think it's full it's better than being skinny in my opinion.
by the way i hear her speech and she was very good relaxe and calm better than last time on the Symposium i belive that she progress in her duties.:flowers:

i dont like her heir too. she need to change more, becous now she is like she was in first day. i dont like her makeup too. she look like not herself.
but i think her work may be not so busy becous may be she doesnt like to work among so many people who look at her and becous her children. my grandmather from morocco, i know that she dont have to do it in moroco anyway, becous before king-wifes didnt work like that before herself. and she is too young. may be after 3-4 years more but now okey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom