Media reports: Divorce for King Mohamed VI and Princess Lalla Salma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lalla Salma never attened a library opening in Qatar,she attends usually the WISHE summit wish is an event related to her foundation this event Lalla Hasna attending is totally different.

I do not mean that event specificaly I mean
She represented her husband in qatar many
Times not the king's sisters

put it that way nisreen you are right plus Lalla Salma and Sheikha Mozah are very good friends and most likely it's the Sheikha who will preside the event Monday so yes you got a point.
however still it's no prove of anything king can chose who ever he want to present him in sush events and wich the invitation is directly send to the King without that mean anything,i think situation still confusing nothing is sure Lalla Salma absence is big mystery but nothing is sure as i said in Wikipedia still referred to as first lady of Morocco and wife of King Morocco i also read some frensh articles in wich they said Lalla Salma was with the King during his visit to the elysee and met Mrs Macron i don't know how accurate are those informations though.

Last edited:
That is weird! Why she didi not show up then?!

I very much wonder what happened to her, for she was such a dynamic lady in the media for her country and worldwide. This is to me very disturbing that there has not been a word about her at all......not a sign IMHO of a good thing for the king or the country. I have followed her for years now, since her wedding and have enjoyed seeing her out at different events and all the beautiful clothes that she wears of her country, she is an amazing woman and great role model for the young women of her country....so what has happened to her and where is she is the mystery.....

The thought that her hubby may have used her as a 'brood Mare' and is discarding her now he has 'his' heir appalls me. It may or may not be true, but it looks increasingly likely [imo]

Last edited:
That is weird! Why she didi not show up then?!
the answeer is with the Moroccan Palace.
there something not right here and i also find the situation weird if not disturbing,when King decided to marry Lalla Salma no one expected him to show his wife but he did and he also give her a title and public role,now if there is a divorce he should do it right and go public about the divorce like he did with the marriage,we can not cast her just like that like she had never existed,so i agree with the article bellow
https://mondafrique.com/non-bashing-de-lalla-salma/
https://translate.google.co.ma/tran...on-bashing-de-lalla-salma/&edit-text=&act=url

The thought that her hubby may have used her as a 'brood Mare' and is discarding her now he has 'his' heir appalls me. It may or may not be true, but it looks increasingly likely [imo]
I also don't believe it at all. If she was just to give him children, why would he show her to the public and give her a title? As far as I know, wives of Kings never had a public role before, and what he did was unprecedent. This means he cared for her, loved her (if not, at least he liked her enough).

:previous:
i agree with you kathia_sophia
plus i think that whole drama of divorce/separation is the prove their Marriage is as normal as any other marriage not like some like to say it's bargain so he can have a wife she fits in her role and promote his image or give him heirs (or whatever other remours say) if so they can easily live separte and continue to play the role in public and nobody will know anything... marital problems isn't always bad things i think it's something very natural in all couples how to deal with them on other hand is another issue especially in case of public figures.

Yesyerday lalla hasnaa met Shiekha Moza
In Qatar who is the usual host and friend Of lalla salma, I think the family keeps sending messages that the divorce is true

I think the next big event for Lalla Salma is the annual end of the school year ceremony in June. She used to attend this event every year with her husband King Mohamed VI.
Let us wait & see if she will be present this year or not.

Last edited:
The king had returned to morrocco
May there will be an official visits before june

Well, her children still attend schools, so she has right, like every mother, to be present at end of the school year ceremonies for Hassan's and Khadija's schools.

I think the next big event for Lalla Salma is the annual end of the school year ceremony in June. She used to attend this event every year with her husband King Mohamed VI.
Let us wait & see if she will be present this year or not.

there is also Fes Festival in June maybe even before,let's wait and see.

What will happen after the seperation/ divorce of lalla salma?

I think it is the time to disscuse that after lalla salma not showing up in Fez festival and I have
The following questions
Will king mohamed marry again? Or his health condition and the famous rumors will stop him?and if yes what will the future wife rule would be?
What about the foundation of lalla salma ? Will
It stop working and if not who will be resposible for it?
Who will be the first lady now?
What will happen to lalla salma title?

in absence of an official statement no one can answeer you're quetions maybe with time,but for now we don't know what happen or happening between the royal couple.
Lalla Salma Foundation still do her work normally for now.
Lalla Salma divorce or no will alway be part of the royal family and the crown she is the mother of the futur King anyway.

What about Lalla Mariam? Why she is not the one to replace lalla Salma?

Last edited:
I was about to askbthe same question?
And what about lalla oum kelthoum ? She suppose
To have a role because there are extra patronages

What about Lalla Mariam? Why she is not the one to replace lalla Salma?
Have some thought Lalla meryem acted as first lady before Lalla Salma is normal to think she is the one who's going to do the job again after royal couple separation,

There is an error in this article: Lalla Hasna's younger daughter is named Oulaya; Nuhaila is a daughter of Lalla Asma.

https://www.royalark.net/Morocco/morocco13.htm
This is why i don't give much credit to media now days, they are not even getting their facts simple facts right

Lalla Oum Kelthoum isn't intersted in playing any public role she should be having her own agenda by now if she wanted or if she is intersted and not waiting for Lalla Salma to vanish to take her job beside she is the wife of the brother if she takes over any of Lalla Salma activities that will send wrong message the sisters wont accept it too.

Last edited:
Have some thought Lalla meryem acted as first lady before Lalla Salma is normal to think she is the one who's going to do the job again after royal couple separation,

This is why i don't give much credit to media now days, they are not even getting their facts simple facts right

Lalla Oum Kelthoum isn't intersted in playing any public role she should be having her own agenda by now if she wanted or if she is intersted and not waiting for Lalla Salma to vanish to take her job beside she is the wife of the brother if she takes over any of Lalla Salma activities that will send wrong message the sisters wont accept it too.
I know that lalla oum kelthoum does not need salma to vanish so she can have a role but my point is if a royal lady has already left why not lalla oum kelthoum can have role to fill the void after salma? The family has lost a young royal face which needs to be replaced with a similar one

Maybe because it's a matter of a few years, the first lady role isn't there forever for Lalla Hasna as it known before Lalla Salma it's the older King daugther who play the role and Lalla Khadija is 11 soon to be 12 in couple of years she will start royal dusties herself and in case of her parents seperation she will ve groomed to the first lady role.
On other hand i very very much agree with you nisreen RF needs a fresh young face Lalla Salma was that face and played her role with excellence, Lalla Oum Kelthoum in case of absence of Lalla Salma is very great choice she will add alot to the monarchy i am sure but for that first she should want to play that role and yet Imo Lalla Oum Kelthoum isn't interested in public role in Morocco.

i really don't know what to think about Lalla Hasna taking over Lalla Salma duties sure it tell there is something wrong going on that the separation is real but still it's unfortenate they have taking her patronages she could at least keep some of her engagements those related to her foundation at least i don't know what will happen to her foundation the fight of cancer cause will lost alot after Lalla Salma banishing...pitty.

Last edited:
First When I Read Your Opinions About The Divorce It Seemed To Me That You're blaming HisMajesty Listen , No Body Knows The Real Reasons, the King Is a patient person If Someone doesnt Cross The Line He just gives a blind eye but on the other hand he would never forgive anyone if he does , At Least We Know The Real Personnality Of HM, We've touched his kindness Many Times, Since He Was a CP, all the Words of honor Cant describe that Amazing person , He Supported his spouse untill he made her able to act as a Flom , He has given as lot from his self in favor of lalla Salma , Never expect him To Hurt Her, maybe the divorce was a deal between the two , there is absolutely no need to blame anyone as For Preferences Its a shame On You To Believe On Bullshits, He is muslim and a father how Do You Expect That From a commander Of Faithful And From someone from prophet house this is just ridiculous , How dare You Deny The fact he has done a great job to his country , if The King wasnt someone who respect women to the extreme You wouldnt even Know a thing about his Wife , He was The First Monarch To Give
a royal title to his Wife , Cant understand How Dare You Touch In a Membre Of The Royal House Dignity This is Completely inapropriate , He Gave His wife everything she has wished to have he showed her how to be a Princess, and After All What He Dis you are blaming him come on Now .He is a human being , He has the right to do whatever he wants on his private life . Respect others choices , there are plenty of Beautiful nd highely educated nd warm hearted women all over the country Whom if they had the opportunity of being a princess consort They would have done a great Job so lalla salma is not an exception but what is hard is to find an eloquent nd such a great leader , king's sisters did much more And no body put their work under spotlights They gave à Lot to morocco since an early age And most of their charity works are done far away of medias cause they consider
that as a duty. Hope You Understand , When U say bad false things about HM You Hurt us , the King is very important to us as moroccans, I Cant imagine What Would happened to us If he Wasn't here . I'm deeply honored to have him as a leader of my country , a great king that saved us from arab spring that had destroyer many countries . Respect us and Stop been disrespectuful to him , And the most terrible is when moroccans believe And agree on this . With all my respect .

The king is a human being and therefore not faultless. While I am happy that he is appreciated by some (and probably many) of his people, I am always a little weary of descriptions of a person as perfect because nobody is. Moreover, power corrupts, so it is even harder to develop into a person of good character (not impossible but certainly harder as fewer people will be able to correct you).

You are completely right that we don't know what happened, so we also don't know whether it is the king who is the major factor in the (supposed) divorce or whether it is Lalla Salma. Either one could be the main person to blame or maybe the 'fault' lies equally with both. For their children I truly hope that both parents will be a major influence in their lives as they are the main victims if their parents indeed have separated or divorced.

Siding with the king is as one-sided as siding with lalla Salma. For the record, I haven't seen anyone taking her side (nor people denigrating the king or questioning what he has done for the country); just people wondering what happened especially since the palace just made her vanish instead of explain what is going on.

The king is a human being and therefore not faultless. While I am happy that he is appreciated by some (and probably many) of his people, I am always a little weary of descriptions of a person as perfect because nobody is. Moreover, power corrupts, so it is even harder to develop into a person of good character (not impossible but certainly harder as fewer people will be able to correct you).

You are completely right that we don't know what happened, so we also don't know whether it is the king who is the major factor in the (supposed) divorce or whether it is Lalla Salma. Either one could be the main person to blame or maybe the 'fault' lies equally with both. For their children I truly hope that both parents will be a major influence in their lives as they are the main victims if their parents indeed have separated or divorced.

Siding with the king is as one-sided as siding with lalla Salma. For the record, I haven't seen anyone taking her side (nor people denigrating the king or questioning what he has done for the country); just people wondering what happened especially since the palace just made her vanish instead of explain what is going on.

Bold by me--this is what bothers me, that Lalla Salma just disappeared, vanished. It is concerning.

Yes I totally agree as I am a big fan of Princess Lalla Salma and this sudden disappearance is disturbing to say the least. For what ever reason I have grave misgivings about the king, it says a lot when his appearance in Paris with questionable characters and no wife or children are around. I can understand a divorce yet this vanishing of the princess by him and this staff if something to be concerned about. All the pictures in the world of him doing whatever are not going to change my mind that there is something very fishy going on there..Sorry Nouhaila I just do not believe what you say about him......

Not blaiming Nouhaila i think divorce is civilised way when problems reach the no return point between a couple i prefer and respect a separation more than put a front or face for appearance.. However as some said above the warring and annoying is Lalla Salma vanishing she was around for 16 years and she done an excelent job her self for Morocco and for her husband and monarchy, she is person not a Luggages to be banished that way as Moroccan i would like to know what happened to the mother of futur king, to know what will be her life but especially her job? What now for her foundation and the great projets for the fight against cancer in Morocco?

Personally i am blaiming the King not for the divorce of the cours it's private matter and his has the right to do what he feels good for him and his family but i am blaiming him for the way the whole situation was handled,it's clear they deal badly with this separtion in my opinion an official statement could/should be released with Lalla Salm keeps at least the activities related to her foundation a total banishing is stupid and not good to HM image unless Lalla Salma was involved in something illegal the RF have no right to force her absence there is even talks about her been emprisoned in some palace in Morocco with no right to go out or to see her children..it's crazy and ppl in Morocco have to right to know as Lilo said what happen to their first lady and Princess we can't just keep ignoring the fact of her absence like she never existed.

Back
Top Bottom