Media reports: Divorce for King Mohamed VI and Princess Lalla Salma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard all king if stories and theories about their marrriage and how they met but i must admit this audition for the bride to be story is new to me;and if so if the main goal is to go via auditions for a wife to polished the King image,produce a heir,be good ambassador for the monarchy and Morocco why getting divorced and lose a great deal because there no doubt the king image inside and ouside Morocco well be affected Lalla Salma is very respected and admired in Morocco she is not only the wife the King but also the mother of futur King and "Lalla Oum Sidi" is big deal here in Morocco.

i say also i am concerned about their childern well and how they are taking this separation Moulay Hassan and Lalla Khadija are very close to both their parents Moulay Hassan especially is in critical age.

Last edited:
Divorce? Nooooooo way kings in Morocco don't do divorce and id they got divorced sure the court would announce it.
separation yes most likely this is what hola mean something like what Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia still to know now if Lalla Salma will keep her official duties or she will be eliminated from the scene

Divorce? Nooooooo way kings in Morocco don't do divorce and id they got divorced sure the court would announce it.
separation yes most likely this is what hola mean something like what Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia still to know now if Lalla Salma will keep her official duties or she will be eliminated from the scene

So in fact the current situation (separated lives) just continues.

So in fact the current situation (separated lives) just continues.
Yes most likely.as i said there is no divorce for kings in Morocco
my guess also the leak of the news to the media to explain Lalla Salma absence now and in the upcoming events.

King Mohammed's VI sisters and Lalla Khadija in the future could replace Lalla Salma for state banquets/airport greetings etc. Lalla Salma could continue chairing the Fez Festival of World Sacred Music and her Foundation, if she wanted to do so.

Last edited:
There will always be some kind of role for Lalla Salma since she's the mother of the future King.

Well, If the divorce is confirmed, I do not think that Lalla Salma will have any public role at least during the reign of King Mohammed VI. She may return back to public life in future again when her son inherits the throne.

Last edited:
`I agree with you ,it will be like princess Muna of Joradan she returned to the light in
the regein of her son king Abdullah

IMHO I think it would be a real shame for her not to have her duties as before because she was such a positive influence for the country and a great role model for women in the Arab world. She is very much needed out their today more then ever to promote positive images of the country and what it can do in today's world.

I do jot think she will have any duty after divirce ,She can be replaced with another figure
Lalla oum kelthoum or may be the king will
Marry again ;

I do jot think she will have any duty after divirce ,She can be replaced with another figure
Lalla oum kelthoum or may be the king will
Marry again ;

i also think she will not keep her public profile in case of a divorce she may keep working with her foundation but only behind scenes and most likely Lalla Meryem will have again the high profile as Premiere Dame like before Lalla Salma but in my opinion only for few years until Lalla Khadija reach the age to do the work her self.

i don't know if we can call that a deny,what do you think?
https://blogs.mediapart.fr/rachid-barbouch/blog/300318/le-roi-du-maroc-rumeur-de-divorce

Tradution of some part of the article
The rumor of his death being swept away, remained that of his divorce which was relayed two weeks after Morocco Leaks, by the Spanish site ¡Hola! (2) on the faith of so-called confidences of relatives of the Palace
Again, the information was previously unverifiable. When asked by the press, the spokesman of the Moroccan government asked that the question be put to the royal cabinet in charge of communications Palace.

On the side of the royal cabinet, silence is the rule. We do not give credit to rumors and especially we do not answer them. A communication strategy that does not want to enter the game of those who peddle these rumors.
"If we start to respond to rumors, we do not get out," said a close to the Palace, who did not want to tell us more and who preferred to remain anonymous.
How then to explain the fact that we no longer see Princess Lalla Salma more often? Maybe she would be pregnant! Who knows ? In any case, during her two previous pregnancies, we have never, never seen in photo.

Given peculiarities of the Moroccan royal press office, one has to wait for a state visit to confirm/deny the media reports in question. In my opinion, separation is a more viable possibility.

Last edited:
I also believe a separation would be more likely. I guess we have to wait for a large event Salma usually attends to see if she turns up.

How about prince Harry and Megan markel
Wedding next month?

Harry and Meghan's wedding is a private event and not a state event. Foreign royals, unless personal friends of the bride and groom, are not invited.

I wonder if the close guy of the palace in Mediapart aticle meant by remours this specific matter of divorce or talking in general?

Anyway i also think we should wait and see i guess once King is back to Morocco alot of will be clear Imo

I wonder if the close guy of the palace in Mediapart aticle meant by remours this specific matter of divorce or talking in general?

Anyway i also think we should wait and see i guess once King is back to Morocco alot of will be clear Imo

I think he mean the actuel divorce remours.this what the article about anyway as you say let's wait and see.
There ia an event organized by Lalla Salma foundation these days BTW.

Has Lalla salma Association performed any
Activities?

:previous: As do I. Lalla Salma is such a vivacious woman and such an international and national asset to Morrocco. I think the MRF would be all the worse for losing her.

There a news today about lalla Hasna represnting her brother the king in Qata an event usually lalla salma attend , another
Proof of the divorce unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom