Media reports: Divorce for King Mohamed VI and Princess Lalla Salma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a fan of morrocan royal family and non morrocan citizen I say that the palace attitude towards the seperation and the absence of lalla salma has defenitlly reduced a lot of of the royal family charm and the family has to deal with that
As fast as possible

Last edited:
Totally agree nisreen
The whole situation is weird and not very pleasant.
And let's be honest before Lalla Salma Moroccan RF was seen as close off family Lalla Salma softned that part and give the Monarchy in Morocco that pretty soft image
Let's be honest too: Lalla Salma was seen always as an outsider inside the family despite the efforts of Mohammed 6 and although she give them an heir and that's clear in the way she was put a side like she never been there...shame.

I agree؛ unfortunately while all royal families in the world" including arabian families" pushes new generations to the front ,morrocan royal family insists to stick to the older generation ,do not get me wrong I do not have any thing against kings'sisters but each time has its requirements،and while lalla salma is vanishing another young royal " lalla oum kelthoum " is not granted any role

Lalla Oum Kelthoum as an insider know she wont stand a chance against the sisters :D
I also would like to see more of Lalla Oum Kelthoum but most likely that wont happen.

But where is Lalla Khadija she is also vanishing her end of year ceremony at school didn't took place this year i hope she is ok with all what happen with her mother and father

Some thing is realy fishy happens behindes the scene

When you use the word "vanish" in reference to Lalla Salma, a cold shudder went through my backbone:ermm:

Isn't the press asking "Where is Lalla Salma?"

:previous:
Shyly some articles here and there,they are too polite.:D
Social media on other hand are crazy to know what happen to Lalla salma

Last edited:
Personally i am blaiming the King not for the divorce of the cours it's private matter and his has the right to do what he feels good for him and his family but i am blaiming him for the way the whole situation was handled,it's clear they deal badly with this separtion in my opinion an official statement could/should be released with Lalla Salm keeps at least the activities related to her foundation a total banishing is stupid and not good to HM image unless Lalla Salma was involved in something illegal the RF have no right to force her absence there is even talks about her been emprisoned in some palace in Morocco with no right to go out or to see her children..it's crazy and ppl in Morocco have to right to know as Lilo said what happen to their first lady and Princess we can't just keep ignoring the fact of her absence like she never existed.
Don't Worry Princess Lalla Salma Isn't Emprisoned , Ppl Saw Her Surronded By Body Guards In Souissi " Where moroccan royals live " She Is Fine .

Totally agree nisreen
The whole situation is weird and not very pleasant.
And let's be honest before Lalla Salma Moroccan RF was seen as close off family Lalla Salma softned that part and give the Monarchy in Morocco that pretty soft image
Let's be honest too: Lalla Salma was seen always as an outsider inside the family despite the efforts of Mohammed 6 and although she give them an heir and that's clear in the way she was put a side like she never been there...shame.
His Majesty Is The One Who Softened That Part Not Lalla Salma , He pushed her to make public appearance , he supported her and he broke prorocol many times To get closer to his people , And He Made his family an open one , Please Don't mistook things .

I agree؛ unfortunately while all royal families in the world" including arabian families" pushes new generations to the front ,morrocan royal family insists to stick to the older generation ,do not get me wrong I do not have any thing against kings'sisters but each time has its requirements،and while lalla salma is vanishing another young royal " lalla oum kelthoum " is not granted any role
We can't campare almost 38 years ( king Sisters ) of Work To only 16 years of work (lalla selma ) , She did her job yeah but dont deny the fact that king sisters are doing much more , trust me i did many researches about the sisters , I visited many associations , what you see on medias is 1% of what they do , They are involved in charity works
to the extreme to know this facts you need to met people not to follow what media says . I Know The In And The Out I'm Not Defending The sisters Just Cz Want that But For some reasons that I Mentionned , If Lalla Salma Did More I'd say that , For my safety & to respect what king decided I can't say anything & I Won't replay back anymore I Only wanted you all to know the truth that's all . I didnt want you to live in parallel universe anymore , Im talking to all ppl that have a royal interest Not only to Nisreen , maybe now you are saying that Im biased To King Sisters But Im Sure That one day you'll realise that I Have The Right To Be , That gonna Happen Sooner anyways . Sorry girls i only wanted to clarify things to you but What I See you are Strongly convinced by your opinion , such a pity , i compeletely respect it But You'll Change It For Sure . Bye

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Worry Princess Lalla Salma Isn't Emprisoned , Ppl Saw Her Surronded By Body Guards In Souissi " Where moroccan royals live " She Is Fine .

His Majesty Is The One Who Softened That Part Not Lalla Salma , He pushed her to make public appearance , he supported her and he broke prorocol many times To get closer to his people , And He Made his family an open one , Please Don't mistook things .

We can't campare almost 38 years ( king Sisters ) of Work To only 16 years of work (lalla selma ) , She did her job yeah but dont deny the fact that king sisters are doing much more , trust me i did many researches about the sisters , I visited many associations , what you see on medias is 1% of what they do , They are involved in charity works
to the extreme to know this facts you need to met people not to follow what media says . I Know The In And The Out I'm Not Defending The sisters Just Cz Want that But For some reasons that I Mentionned , If Lalla Salma Did More I'd say that , For my safety & to respect what king decided I can't say anything & I Won't replay back anymore I Only wanted you all to know the truth that's all . I didnt want you to live in parallel universe anymore , Im talking to all ppl that have a royal interest Not only to Nisreen , maybe now you are saying that Im biased To King Sisters But Im Sure That one day you'll realise that I Have The Right To Be , That gonna Happen Sooner anyways . Sorry girls i only wanted to clarify things to you but What I See you are Strongly convinced by your opinion , such a pity , i compeletely respect it But You'll Change It For Sure . Bye

1- first you said that poeple saw her ,so why those people did not photograph her? the socail media is taking and news agencies are asking about her and photo of her would have been very valuabe right?and we know that mrf members do not mind
Having photos with people,so I am sorry for not buying that story.
2- you said that king' sisters worked much than her and I will not argue abou that but let me ask you who worked much queen Sofia or letezia?
Beatrix or maxima? However the former queens steped back gracefuly for the newcomers and they gain respect and popularity for them and there families ,recall the last dispute between Sofia and letezia and see how spaniards lined up with sofia,
While kings sister in morrocoo behave like they
Where i 80's or90's as no other persons joined tbe family.

Finaly its you right to defend the king and his sisters and its
Our right to ask what is going on.

Last edited:
No one deniyng the amzing work of the sisters they have been there before Lalla Salma many many years some 30 years so that's normal they have acheive alot of more than her in 16 years..

I think the thing it's not Lalla Salma and King's sisters or who does it better, the thing is not even the divorce cause in the end couples broke up and it's normal and matter of life the problem and the question is where is she? The problem is why the marriage was announced and divorce no? King insisted his wife to have public role and Moroccans respected and learnt over the years to admire and respect Lalla Salma as member of RF as a king wife as first lady and as mother of the crown prince and futur King it's very normal ppl ask questions about what happen where she is and get annoyed when the news of our RF we got them from Foreign media.

Last edited:
I agree with you Lilo but may be what bings kings'sister to the arguement is the idea that "they
Might be the cause of the divirce" or at least one of the reasons.

i can't tell they are the reason of this divorce nobody know the reasons and actually it's not important,they decide to end their marriage their privacy should be respected... maybe some ppl was annoyed by them jumping on the occasion to get back to the front we have Lalla Hasna and Meryem very active right away after the split remours that was annoying as i said for alot and social media in Morocco was full of jokes about them taking advantage of the situation.
Again what happen between Lalla Salma and Mohammed VI as coulpe is their private matter but the palace should've handle this better Imo.

i think you get it wrong it's not matter of taking sides it's matter of knowing what's going on Lalla Salma and Mohammed 6 are public figures in Morocco it's normal ppl are intersted to know what happen

i am not going to get involved of the eternal Lalla Salma vs her sisters in law i respect what they have done over the years i respect them as daughters of Hassan 2 but as someone said above it's time to the new generation to take over (Lalla salma or no Lalla salma) it's time to them to understand the time move on and they need to give a chance to the new comers inside the family,it's not innocent that Lalla Salma fought hard to find her ground,it's not innocent that Lalla Ouma Kelthoum have no role at all she the wife of the second brother not innocent that Lalla Anissa is barely mentioned what ever you try to explain it's clear they want no one around to share lights with them

I also like to add i have big respect as alot of moroccans he is a great great great King really and done soooo many good things for the country and if it's not him we could be living same situation as Libya,Syria,Tunisa,Yemen......but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his faults and that separation he failed to manage it terribly and i am afraid that will have bad impact on the image he built over the years.

Divorce is not un-Islamic. So, it isn't a sin or horrible for the Moroccan king to get divorced. I think it's sad and I worry about the effect on the two children. I think that Lalla Salma is beautiful and that she wore gorgeous caftans and that she spent a stunning amount of State money on cancer care in a developing country. I hope that she is happy now.

Meryem Said , A Famous Moroccan Girl Who works for MBC Channel Met Lalla Salma & Her Children In Italy , I Guess Now it's obvious That HM Is a Good Person , You Shouldn't Put The Blame On Him , He Didn't deprive Her from her children Even If He Has Got Enough Of Power To Do That , You See Both Are enjoying Life , Only You Are wondered About Lalla Selma who's Spending a Quality Time In Italy As Nothing Happened .

Meryem Said , A Famous Moroccan Girl Who works for MBC Channel Met Lalla Salma & Her Children In Italy , I Guess Now it's obvious That HM Is a Good Person , You Shouldn't Put The Blame On Him , He Didn't deprive Her from her children Even If He Has Got Enough Of Power To Do That , You See Both Are enjoying Life , Only You Are wondered About Lalla Selma who's Spending a Quality Time In Italy As Nothing Happened .

Who is Meryem?? Do you mean Mariam Said?

Is there any photos for this holiday?

Last edited:

Unfortunately Meriyem was only looking for scoop She didnt meet her newly , What a Shame !!!!!!

yes Mariem Said from MBC 4,she actually didn't say she met the Princess recently only that the place where she is spending the holiday these days brings alot of nice memories once of them is a meeting with Lalla Salma and her Kids and the video was shared on social media like this meeting happend this year which is not true Mariem didn't say so...the video is on youtube you can have a look Rossina.

yes Mariem Said from MBC 4,she actually didn't say she met the Princess recently only that the place where she is spending the holiday these days brings alot of nice memories once of them is a meeting with Lalla Salma and her Kids and the video was shared on social media like this meeting happend this year which is not true Mariem didn't say so...the video is on youtube you can have a look Rossina.
I Guess She Wanted Ppl to Understand It Like That . You Know When U Become Known You Start Looking for Scoop .

I do not know why all news about seeing lalla salma is just very vague, no photos and the people
Who said to see her did not give much details like
In the case of maryam said and about Magda Al romy who was said that she got a caftan as a gift from lalla salma but it does not imply that she met her personaly ,so it is the palace indirect way to tell that she is fine and not prisoned?

Last edited:

Thank you, dear:)
I have got the same impression from the video. It was more about the place and does not confirm when exactly she met with Lalla Salma & her children.
Now I don't think we will get any official confirmation for the couple`s divorce. As per to some Arabic news websites the end of school ceremony of this year is canceled.

I Guess She Wanted Ppl to Understand It Like That . You Know When U Become Known You Start Looking for Scoop .

i am not sure,Miss Said is very well known respectful and very successeful young woman, she is a celebrity by her own in the arab world with so many followers she doesn't need a scoop she herself makes the scoop she had met over the years very well known dignitaries in the arab world:sheikh Mohammed ben Rached,Sheikh Mohammed ben Zayed,Queen Rania.......
Imo it's only misunderstanding the snap isn't big deal but as ppl in Morocco are so crazy to know news of Lalla Salma the snap bacame a trending on social media;this is why we said that the palace should come out and make a statement about the separation better we know from official source

Thank you, dear:)
I have got the same impression from the video. It was more about the place and does not confirm when exactly she met with Lalla Salma & her children.
Now I don't think we will get any official confirmation for the couple`s divorce. As per to some Arabic news websites the end of school ceremony of this year is canceled.
i also don't think we will get any official reply from the palace,because Imo they can't confirm anything they in My opinion are not legally divorced only separated Lalla Salma should be out of duties now to be back once her son is King.

So, it looks like she wasn't seen with her children after all.

Moreover, it's a rather low bar you're setting: I wouldn't say someone is a good person just because he didn't do the worst thing possible for a mother (which is deprive her from her children - and apparently, we still don't know whether he did so - I sincerely hope he doesn't and so far I have no indication that he did). There is much more to being a good person; and in this case, a basic requirement for a king is to inform his people of the state of his wife whom he made disappear from the public eye.

If nothing happened; why isn't she out and about doing what she has been doing for years as Morocco's first lady?!

Last edited:
i am not sure,Miss Said is very well known respectful and very successeful young woman, she is a celebrity by her own in the arab world with so many followers she doesn't need a scoop she herself makes the scoop she had met over the years very well known dignitaries in the arab world:sheikh Mohammed ben Rached,Sheikh Mohammed ben Zayed,Queen Rania.......
Imo it's only misunderstanding the snap isn't big deal but as ppl in Morocco are so crazy to know news of Lalla Salma the snap bacame a trending on social media;this is why we said that the palace should come out and make a statement about the separation better we know from official source

i also don't think we will get any official reply from the palace,because Imo they can't confirm anything they in My opinion are not legally divorced only separated Lalla Salma should be out of duties now to be back once her son is King.

I don't think Lalla Salma will return back to public duties anymore unless she remarries the king again. When her son CP Mouly Hassan takes office in future definitely, he will have his own wife to assume the post of First Lady. If not his sister Lalla Khadija will do.
I am sorry to say that, but I think lalla Salma will end up as '' the mother of the king'' only without any public presence, just like her former mother-in-law, Lalla Latifa.

Last edited:
maybe you are right it's only time that will tell what Lalla Salma life would be now on;

I don't think Lalla Salma will return back to public duties anymore unless she remarries the king again. When her son CP Mouly Hassan takes office in future definitely, he will have his own wife to assume the post of First Lady. If not his sister Lalla Khadija will do.
I am sorry to say that, but I think lalla Salma will end up as '' the mother of the king'' only without any public presence, just like her former mother-in-law, Lalla Latifa.
I agree with you. In light of the current press controversy ... It would not be surprising if Crown Prince Moulay Hassan were advised to follow the tradition and to assign minimal public duties to his future wife.

Last edited:
This video shows the pictures of Lalla Salma and her children.

Those photos in the video of Lalla Salma and her children are old from in Paris few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom