King Mohammed and Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenna1186

Gentry
18 JULY 2003
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco stepped into the limelight alongside her husband King Mohammed VI on Wednesday, greeting the president of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, as he continued a North African tour with a stop in Rabat.

While many remember Princess Lalla Salma in the traditional Moroccan dress she donned for her March 2002 wedding and the celebrations for her first son's birth earlier this year, she opted for a decidedly different look for the official visit.

With her auburn locks falling around her shoulders, the 25-year-old royal was picture perfect in a pink top and long jacket in pastel tones, accessorised with a beige clutch bag and pearl earrings.

And, now married for more than a year to the monarch, the princess seemed extremely relaxed in her role. Donning a pair of trendy sunglasses, she strolled behind her spouse and the president in the grounds of the royal palace chatting with the Pakistani first lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Lalla Salma chats with Sehba Musharraf, the first lady of Pakistan, at the Moroccan royal palace in Rabat

The 25-year-old royal chose a stylish pastel-toned long jacket and beige clutch bag for the occasion

Attachments

• salma_dop1b.jpg
    salma_dop1b.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 6,506
  • salma_dop3a.jpg
    salma_dop3a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 800
She doesn't seem to have gone to the plastic surgeon yet, for a nose job. Maybe she's not very beautiful but at least she doesn't seem to care about it and that is honesty.

Love that red hair. And she and her sisters are "encouraging" the King to improve the lives of women throughout Morocco. Well, that's an assumption but I'm sure he has been influenced by the positive female role models in his family.

M6 and Salma are together invited at Felipe's wedding. Let see if he will be alone, with his sisters or will let his brother represent him. But I feel Salma won't be at Madrid.

60th Anniversary celebration of the allies arrival to France

Attachments

• 5752618.jpg
    5752618.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 5752992.jpg
    5752992.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,526
  • 5752991.jpg
    5752991.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,644
  • 5752985.jpg
    5752985.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 5752617.jpg
    5752617.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,627
HM King Mohammed VI takes part in 60th allied forces landing anniversary in France in 15.08.2004

Attachments

• August 15, 2004 France.jpg
    August 15, 2004 France.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
this suit would have been perfect to assist a wedding, but not for a commemoration
a positive point, salma attached her hair

I agree, the suit is a bit tied and the high shoes not fit the trouser !

Salma in blue (and purple shoes) was during 60th anniversay of the provence landing in Toulon (France) other african presidents (whom their countries participated in 1944 landing) were there as well.

TOULON, FRANCE: French President Jacques Chirac (R) stands in front of leaders of various African nations on the deck of the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle as they listen to a military band in Toulon, 15 August 2004. The leaders had arrived to commemorate the 60th anniversary of 'Operation Dragoon' which saw 450,000 soldiers from more than 20 countries storm France's mediterranean coast 15 August 1944 some 10 weeks after the better known D-Day invasion in Normandy

Attachments

• CADJZEIX.jpg
    CADJZEIX.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 622
  • 040815NIM931%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    040815NIM931%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 15-08-2004-1.jpg
    15-08-2004-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 472
  • 15-08-2004-2.jpg
    15-08-2004-2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 491
  • 15-08-2004-3.jpg
    15-08-2004-3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 554
  • 51174549.jpg
    51174549.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 51174460.jpg
    51174460.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 418
cérémonie du 60ème anniversaire du débarquement allié de Provence

Attachments

• salma of morocco france,charles degaulle.JPG
    salma of morocco france,charles degaulle.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 788
QueenB said:
Thanks for posting the pictures..... Lalla Salma looks very good in those pictures..
I dont agree, she seemed contract

QueenB said:
I think she looked a lot better than she has looked in other pictures..

She did, in my opinion. I think she looks better in Western clothing than traditional ones. But that's just a matter of opinion I guess.

QueenB said:
I think she looked a lot better than she has looked in other pictures..
if you compare her with the previous pics, I agree, though I find that her garment is not suitable for a commemoration (I think that a more sober clothing would have more suitable);but I have look the cermonie on TV, and she seems to be uncomfortable as a public when she is the first lady since two years

If she was uncomfortable during the ceremony, it is because she does not have experience to participate in ceremonies with the King Mohamed VI and be with him while he visited foreign countries .... He did many state visits and she never was with him.

So, I think being uncomfortable is more due to these reasons than because she is not prepared yet to public appearence.

In my opinion, it is with experience and participation she will be comfortable.

abir said:
If she was uncomfortable during the ceremony, it is because she does not have experience to participate in ceremonies with the King Mohamed VI and be with him while he visited foreign countries .... He did many state visits and she never was with him.

So, I think being uncomfortable is more due to these reasons than because she is not prepared yet to public appearence.

In my opinion, it is with experience and participation she will be comfortable.

it is probable that if in the future she will be more present, her embarrassment will finish by disappear, but I find damage to see that after two years she is much less comfortable that Laetizia or Mary which has been married only for a few months

do you know of which color are the shoes of salma on this photograph?
violet
I saw it on magazine " point de vue ", and the journalist also report it
blue sky for the suit and violet for the shoes, I find that lalla salma has a quite personal way to marry the colors
PS: on the photograph on point de vue the combination of these two colors was odd

I saw the photograph of " point de vue ", it shows the king and lalla salma walking, and salma walk behind the king and not side him
why?
PS: I agree with loubna2 the combination of blue sky and violet was odd

this photo taken in Toulon didn't post before

other photo of lalla salma in toulon

Attachments

• M6.jpg
    M6.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 5752984.jpg
    5752984.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 510
What about the stripes, noone commented on the King's suit. Not that it is ugly but he shouldn't have worn it to such an event. it is too funky.

I noticed that as well !
I saw the photo in "Point de Vue", the shoes are violet and even lighter than the bug.

The ceremony has comomerate mainly people who died to liberate France, from Morocco and elsewhere.
And even it was celebrated in Charles de Gaulle "porte-avion" on the sea, but it is not a party on the beach ... to wear those colors. My God!

Last edited:
Muhamed VI, Salma and their son, received President Chirac and his wife, December 25, 2004.
So salma doesn't seem to be pregnant.

Attachments

• 25-December-2004.jpg
    25-December-2004.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
yess its so niceee i love lalla salma and the king and of course moulay el hassan... he is so a quit babyyy...and salma looks lovey..and yes abir lalla salma is not preganant

The same picture posted by Abir...but bigger...
The dinner offered by M6 and Salma was in Marakkesh's palace on 12-25-2004. Chirac and wife were in private visit to Morocco

Attachments

• sm_chirac_diner.jpg
    sm_chirac_diner.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 6,308
Last edited:
Moon said:
The same picture posted by Abir...but bigger...
The dinner offered by M6 and Salma was in Marakkesh's palace on 12-25-2004. Chirac and wife were in private visit to Morocco
Thanks. She looks great! The little one looks a lot like his father.

Thankx for the picture, see at last..She looked good, the top's color was nice, but thought it didnt suit her well.She looked abit bigger, could she just be pregnant in her first months, where pregnancy dsnt show?or she just put on some weight?it suits her.
The small one is so cute, he does take alot from his father

Guess Who said:
Thankx for the picture, see at last..She looked good, the top's color was nice, but thought it didnt suit her well.She looked abit bigger, could she just be pregnant in her first months, where pregnancy dsnt show?or she just put on some weight?it suits her.
The small one is so cute, he does take alot from his father
she is well dressed, but as usual she stand behind

Back
Top Bottom