A name for King Mohammed and Lalla Salma’s second baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rosa said:
TANINA for a girl, AGHILES for a boy
I think that they could give Berber forenames; it would be nice, because in many regions in Morocco, sectarian administration refuses these forenames

I checked that on one of my berber friends,and he said berber names are allowed in Morocco,(and not in Algeria),but berber people prefer classic arab names.

In Morocco only some names are not allowed Berber or Arab,if they have some weird meanings,the same goes for some arab names,so for example arab names like Saddam or Bin Leden are not allowed,for the reasons that we know,and he said that names of animals,cities,countries are also not allowed,arabic or berber,he said that Aghiles means Leo,and that's why it's not allowed as names of animals are not allowed.

After all governoment has the right to protect his subjects from weird names which will make problems more than anything other,and Berber if they want,they can choose within the allowed berber names,like the arabs one,And I still think that the King and salma don't have to give a berber name to be proud about their identity,because they are just Moroccans,and so Moroccans call their kids,so why u judge them or ask them more that what's done usually.

I repeat it again, berber names doesn't accept in many regions in Morocco, and Berber culture isn't the equal of the arab one, only arabic is national and official language in morocco, 99% of tv programms are in arabic, berber language isn't learned in all schools in morocco
the militants of the berber culture were put in jail during the time of hassanII, because they ask from more right for their culture (and these militants were from all regions of morocco, and work hand in hand to Berber culture), then don't say me that the arabic culture berber ar equal in morocco
the power did all what he can to kill this culture, and to make the berber forget their language and identity, but fortunately, he can't

rosa said:
I repeat it again, berber names doesn't accept in many regions in Morocco, and Berber culture isn't the equal of the arab one, only arabic is national and official language in morocco, 99% of tv programms are in arabic, berber language isn't learned in all schools in morocco
the militants of the berber culture were put in jail during the time of hassanII, because they ask from more right for their culture (and these militants were from all regions of morocco, and work hand in hand to Berber culture), then don't say me that the arabic culture berber ar equal in morocco
the power did all what he can to kill this culture, and to make the berber forget their language and identity, but fortunately, he can't

I completely agree with you rosa, the situation was and still difficult for berber culture in morocco, and the power must give it all its right

I realize the relevance of the current discussion in relation to a possible name for King Muhammad and Lalla Salma's second baby but I dont want this thread to turn into a debate over Berber vs. Arab culture in Morocco.
I'd hate to start deleting posts for being off-topic. Please keep your comments focused on the subject at hand.

Humera
Royal Family of Morocco Moderator

you're right Humera, I don't know what is the relation between the name of baby and the berber and arab culture!! they will call their baby as they like! I don't know what are you looking for from this debate!!
The baby will be a moroccan beutiful prince or princess, like his /her brother Moulay Alhassan:wub::wub:

kaoutar said:
you're right Humera, I don't know what is the relation between the name of baby and the berber and arab culture!! they will call their baby as they like! I don't know what are you looking for from this debate!!
The baby will be a moroccan beutiful prince or princess, like his /her brother Moulay Alhassan:wub::wub:

it's true that this thread isn't the place to speak about berber and arabe culture, but I think that we can speak about the idea to give a berber name for a moroccan prince or princess
about the fact that they are free to call their baby as they like, I don't share your opinion,They aren't free, they are the royal couple, and all what they do, has his importance, even the name of their baby, I can say you that the fact that they called their son Hassan wasn't appreciated, by everybody in Morocco, because Hassan II did a lot of bad things, and many persons wanted that the crown prince, has another name that doesn't recall, the former king
If they want to be free to do what they want, they can let the power at others, and I think they are many persons as or more competent than M6
to lead this country

rosa said:
it's true that this thread isn't the place to speak about berber and arabe culture, but I think that we can speak about the idea to give a berber name for a moroccan prince or princess
about the fact that they are free to call their baby as they like, I don't share your opinion,They aren't free, they are the royal couple, and all what they do, has his importance, even the name of their baby, I can say you that the fact that they called their son Hassan wasn't appreciated, by everybody in Morocco, because Hassan II did a lot of bad things, and many persons wanted that the crown prince, has another name that doesn't recall, the former king
If they want to be free to do what they want, they can let the power at others, and I think they are many persons as or more competent than M6
to lead this country

I like also for a boy Aksil, and for a girl TinHinan

hasna for agirl
Hesham for a boy

catango said:
when is she going to get birth?

I think sometime early spring, but I don't think we know exactly when. (the MRF doesn't talk about her pregnancy at all)

I was wondering (I hope this isn't too off-topic) is Moulay a just a name they've used, or is it a title, or a traditional name, or what? Because I know that there are multiple male members of the MRF that are called Moulay _something_.

LadyK said:
I think sometime early spring, but I don't think we know exactly when. (the MRF doesn't talk about her pregnancy at all)

I was wondering (I hope this isn't too off-topic) is Moulay a just a name they've used, or is it a title, or a traditional name, or what? Because I know that there are multiple male members of the MRF that are called Moulay _something_.
moulay for men in morocco it's like lalla for the women.
and it's mean:
lalla = lady and moulay or sidi = sir, we can say that it's like title and also tradition.

Moulay and Lalla means more than Sir and Lady.
Moulay and Lalla are very superior.

X calls Y moulay or Lalla.
X is inferior than Y and Y is a such owner of the boss of X.
X is in service by Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom